Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hsu108 View Post
    Verichat does run in the backround and will not disconnect when an incoming call comes through. Verichat does work well on the wx. the one thing I did not like is that there is no sound alert while in a chat session. you have to constantly look at the screen to know if the other party replied to an IM.

according to verichats support team they may add that feature in upcoming versions.
    not disconnect when in an incoming call comes through? does it idle/pause itself and then resume after the call? or does it just simply make calls go straight to voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio View Post
    Does Verichat tho STILL keep connection in background and send you SMS mesages so youc an get phone calls... How does it KNOW its not foreground (with Palm it ran in background but it was obviously CLOSED wheny ou left the program).

Lawlison how does this work for you.. Can you leave and get calls... I always liked Verichat.

They STILL dont have a premium Treo version yet though which handles more than one account.
    Hey Mike,

As the poster above (2 posts above) mentioned, it works really well on the WX. I get phone calls; no problem, and it remains connected. You can set it up for IM. I don't notice any significant battery drain by having it run in the background. I think it's WAY more stable than the Palm version by a long shot.

I also agree with the above poster that the only irritant is when you're in an active chat session, it doesn't let you know when someone types a response; I would like to at least set up a vibrate for each response like I did with the Palm version. That's all that's missing in my opinion. I think it's a good investment if on the go IM's are for you.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    Yes because it's still in beta. You can download it here.

if it is free then why is it say

Agile Messenger has a free 7 day unlimited trial. After this you must register at http://www.agilemobile.com/pay/

and for 700wx which one should i download ..? Agile Messenger 3 ALPHA for Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone and Smartphone 2003 or Agile Messenger 3 BETA for Windows Mobile 5.0 PPC & Windows PPC 2003 ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aznspiki View Post
    if it is free then why is it say

Agile Messenger has a free 7 day unlimited trial. After this you must register at http://www.agilemobile.com/pay/

and for 700wx which one should i download ..? Agile Messenger 3 ALPHA for Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone and Smartphone 2003 or Agile Messenger 3 BETA for Windows Mobile 5.0 PPC & Windows PPC 2003 ?

Thanks
    thats for the other "full" versions. the windows mobile one it still beta so they cant charge for it,and you want the second one for PPC
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    thats for the other "full" versions. the windows mobile one it still beta so they cant charge for it,and you want the second one for PPC
    What??
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    You want to install the Beta for Windows Mobile 5 PPC as the Treo is a PPC not a Windows Mobile Smartphone. Agile develops Messenger for many different platforms, some of which are no longer being developed, and are available in full version. Those are the ones you have to pay for. The Messenger for PPC is still in development, at the Beta stage, so they aren't charging for it.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    You want to install the Beta for Windows Mobile 5 PPC as the Treo is a PPC not a Windows Mobile Smartphone. Agile develops Messenger for many different platforms, some of which are no longer being developed, and are available in full version. Those are the ones you have to pay for. The Messenger for PPC is still in development, at the Beta stage, so they aren't charging for it.
    so that's the one that i have to download for my 700wx?

Agile Messenger 3 BETA for Windows Mobile 5.0 PPC & Windows PPC 2003 ?
    I notice when I use Agile with AIM, that I am unable to add new contacts. Is anyone else able to add new buddy list contacts?
    bit_bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_bucket View Post
    I notice when I use Agile with AIM, that I am unable to add new contacts. Is anyone else able to add new buddy list contacts?
    Did you try adding them on your PC?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Verichat is excellent on the WX. Make sure you download the one for WM5. I have not had ANY problems with it, unlike the Palm version. I'm very surprised and pleased with it!
    I'm kinda confused which one to download from this page

http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat_ppc/...file_real.html

I downloaded the 1.41b for Windows Mobile 5. But it didn't give me a free trial for some reason it said it expired already. Or do I download VeriChat v1.42b
    CAB (for Windows Mobile 5.0) With Google Talk Support? Or does it just depend on what features I want? Cuz I can't even see what it looks like on my screen. I used to have it on my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznspiki View Post
    so that's the one that i have to download for my 700wx?

Agile Messenger 3 BETA for Windows Mobile 5.0 PPC & Windows PPC 2003 ?
    Yes
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123