Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    As I mentioned above Shape Services says IM+ must be installed to main memory not the SD card.

Since as Darth Pooh also mentions the SD card slot is shut down when the screen is turned off one would have to assume IM+ operates just as Agile does when installed onto the card. I.E. it doesn't stay connected.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    whoa whoa wait a minute. do my eyes decieve me? is that lgreenberg? hmmm...have you climbed over to this side? maybe you've been here all along. (hence over 2,000 posts...lol). Just remember my times on bbforums. Small forum world i guess.

*blink if you have the treo 700wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Thanks, I'm going to give IM+ a try with those settings.

P.S. - What about the checkbox for "background mode" ?

What is this for?
    Good question! I have had this unchecked the entire time and didn't notice till now. I figured that since WM5 already supports multitasking that IM+ was just always running in the background even when jumping from app to app. I'll have to do some more testing now and see what the wx behavior is when this option is checked.

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    Good question! I have had this unchecked the entire time and didn't notice till now. I figured that since WM5 already supports multitasking that IM+ was just always running in the background even when jumping from app to app. I'll have to do some more testing now and see what the wx behavior is when this option is checked.

-Oly
    yeah, keep us updated. I'm curious myself (especially in the battery department)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    As I mentioned above Shape Services says IM+ must be installed to main memory not the SD card.

Since as Darth Pooh also mentions the SD card slot is shut down when the screen is turned off one would have to assume IM+ operates just as Agile does when installed onto the card. I.E. it doesn't stay connected.
    HAH... I can't believe you came out of PALM retirement to grace us. Just remember who brought you back.
    Quote Originally Posted by dialekt View Post
    whoa whoa wait a minute. do my eyes decieve me? is that lgreenberg? hmmm...have you climbed over to this side? maybe you've been here all along. (hence over 2,000 posts...lol). Just remember my times on bbforums. Small forum world i guess.

*blink if you have the treo 700wx.
    Blink, blink.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Blink, blink.
    no blink here

Just blank!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    I like Agile Messenger. You can't beat free, and it does all the services I need.

Agile is Free?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Yes because it's still in beta. You can download it here.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    Yes because it's still in beta. You can download it here.
    Sweet. Thanks. Will the beta ever expire?
    I second that. Will the beta expire?
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    I second that. Will the beta expire?
    they never have, AFIK.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    No, no expiration to the beta. I'm sure if and when it ever does go full version there will be more features and settings making it worth paying for. But it's been free for the couple of years I've used it.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    is it just me, or when I'm using Agile, I get the HTML code from my buddys' messages. For instance, if I'm talking to someone with a red font that says "hi", I see:

"xxbuddyxx: <font color="red">hi</font>"

And just a gripe: I can't set my away message
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Yeah it whacks the ween that you cannot set a custom away message.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Yeah it whacks the ween that you cannot set a custom away message.
    haha!
    Verichat is excellent on the WX. Make sure you download the one for WM5. I have not had ANY problems with it, unlike the Palm version. I'm very surprised and pleased with it!
    Does Verichat tho STILL keep connection in background and send you SMS mesages so youc an get phone calls... How does it KNOW its not foreground (with Palm it ran in background but it was obviously CLOSED wheny ou left the program).

Lawlison how does this work for you.. Can you leave and get calls... I always liked Verichat.

They STILL dont have a premium Treo version yet though which handles more than one account.
    Verichat does run in the backround and will not disconnect when an incoming call comes through. Verichat does work well on the wx. the one thing I did not like is that there is no sound alert while in a chat session. you have to constantly look at the screen to know if the other party replied to an IM.

according to verichats support team they may add that feature in upcoming versions.
    So Verichat does remain connected when a call comes in?

That might be a deal breaker for me over Agile and IM+.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast