1.    #1  
    palm claims their "devices" are not compatible with xp media center. i have heard that some people with the 700p have had success and others have not. is anyone using their 700w/wx on a computer with xp media center edition?
    I haven't tried it but I have Windows Media Center at home and can test it out tonight and let you know how it works out.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldindiansfan View Post
    palm claims their "devices" are not compatible with xp media center. i have heard that some people with the 700p have had success and others have not. is anyone using their 700w/wx on a computer with xp media center edition?
    When you say "work", I assume you mean the device syncs via ActiveSync. Mine works perfectly - but not inside the Media Center window itself. I use the Media Center window non-maximized (to watch TV and stuff) and run the rest of windows like normal...
    I have Win XP MCE @ home and it syncs pretty well. Youre WM can sync various playlists, and tv shows. But I don't like the quality of video. I have HD TV programming and WMV9 + WMA sucks. You'd get better quality doing something else like AVC H.264, Xvid, Divx or something along those lines. What you loose is the autosync that comes with the windows media platform. For instance you can set windows media to sync past 3 weeks of House MD.

So Sync is great (except some MP3's don't get converted right) but quality sux
    I also have XP MCE though admit I dont use MC at all. 700wx works fine though, syncs great, no problems here.
  6.    #6  
    awesome... yea i really just cared about activesync and stuff but if i can sync playlists and stuff thats all the better. looks like it'll be a safer bet for me to get the w/wx than the p with Xp mce. thanks to those who've responded so far.
    I have it, have no problems at all, and see no reason why the 700p can't work with it also. OS-wise, its windows XP. Just some extra features/options for my TV...
  8. SSW
    I spent hours trying to get my new computer to let me sync my Palm with Outlook. Have you figures out how to do that?

Thanks,

Steve
    You can sync playlists but you won't do it in the media center application it is still done in Media player
    Works fine