Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jdough View Post
    I am getting nothing using all of the variations. SIRIUS WM5, Sirius CE 1.6 or 2.01 using WMP 10 or TCPMP
    Same here....
    Same here, as well. I'm guessing that Sirius did something to block wireless logins other than PC browsers and the new Stiletto which they are launching which uses WiFi.
    I've been using the 700wx with the WiFi card to access Sirius and this, in theory, eliminates the need for the Stiletto.
    I hope emulamer can find a work around.
    Anyone hear anything from the developer for SiriuCE? I emailed the guy, but no response.

I tried to use the Sirius web player, but it just throws up an exception when trying to play a channel. Has anyone else managed to get any player to work?
    I tried SiriusWM5 and it seems to work fine. The interface isn't as nice as SiriuCE, but hey, it works.

http://home.ptd.net/~cobra04/code.html
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I've been looking for an alternative to SiriusCE.

Sirius WM5 is awesome!

PalmLover
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLover View Post
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I've been looking for an alternative to SiriusCE.

Sirius WM5 is awesome!

PalmLover
    Hey PalmLover

How did you get the cab file to download. I am trying to download from my 700w but it just opens the file showing me all of the text in the program lines. When I click on the shortcut it does not go in to the download screen.

Any thoughts....anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by wny1mxo View Post
    Hey PalmLover

How did you get the cab file to download. I am trying to download from my 700w but it just opens the file showing me all of the text in the program lines. When I click on the shortcut it does not go in to the download screen.

Any thoughts....anybody?
    Download it to your desktop pc first and copy the cab over using ActiveSync Explore. Then run it.

I use PIEPlus and it gives you the option to "save target as". I don't think there is a way to do it from that web page using the standard PIE.
    I usually just copy the cab to an SD card and run it from File explorer.

BTW, I am not getting a good stream. Anybody else experiencing hicups every 15-20 seconds (skipping). I did upgrade to the "Premium" stream from Sirius.

It is terrible with WM10 and a bit better with TCMP. I have played with all the buffering settings and i can't get a good smooth stream happening. This is using a good WiFi connection (wifi card) and while using EVDO. Both give me choppy results.

PalmLover
    My streams are good using EVDO. I use tcpmp with default settings.
    I could not get SirWM5 working with TCMP but worked fine with WMP. Only getting errors with SirCE 1.16 and do not want to install .net framework.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I tried SiriusWM5 and it seems to work fine. The interface isn't as nice as SiriuCE, but hey, it works.

http://home.ptd.net/~cobra04/code.html
    Since I was the originator, just wanted to let you guys know I also trie dthe SiriusWM5 and it works great! I also miss the Song and Artist info, but It's just great having the Sirius working again....
    I get a connection failed error
    Hi all,

Don't know if this is a dead horse, but I've just installed SiriusWM5 and TCPMP (latest of both I assume) and I get the "connection failed" message that many have reported. But others had reported success so I'm wondering.

Did Sirius change something?
    Is it still working for others?
    Do you have a different type of account (premium)?
    Is there something in the settings I am missing?

Read through most of the threads, but I'm still at a loss.
    I have never had a problem with SiriusWM5. Listening to it right now. I don't have a premium account. I don't even need to use TCPMP. WMP works fine.

The version shows as 1.7.0.22463. I don't think that's even the latest.

Edit: I just downloaded the latest version 1.7.4.33088 and it is working fine also.
    Last edited by hannip; 12/15/2006 at 08:59 AM.
    Okay, please line up to give me a dope slap.

I'm at work, with my 700wx sitting in the cradle, trying to get this thing to work.

I figure I'll visit the Sirius site to make sure it's working and lo and behold I get a WebWasher notification!

For those unfamiliar, WebWasher is a corporate site monitor and my company does not allow access to music sites (i.e., Sirius) during business hours.

Well "knock me over with a feather"!

I had no idea (new to this whole WM5 thing) that when the Treo is in its cradle, it uses the attached PC's network to connect, not the wireless connection.

Doh!
    I can't install Sirius WM5 to my Palm Treo 700W. How do I install it after the download? I've tried everything!
    (I have the same problems you all have had with SiriuCE 2.0.1)
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    How are you trying to install it? ActiveSync? Right on the Treo?
    I tried both with the same result. Both send me to Internet Explorer with what appears to be program instructions. I downloaded SiriusWM5.CAB. Is that the right file?
    Yes that's the correct file.

1) Download to your pc.
    2) Connect sync cable
    3) When ActiveSync shows Connected click on the Explore button.
    4) Drag the SirusWM5.cab file over to your storage card.
    5) On the treo open File Explorer, navigate to SiriusWM5.cab and click on it to run. Install to device or storage card.
    Thanks! The only thing I didn't try was installing it from my card.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12