1.    #1  
    When I get a new text message, the screen briefly activates, allowing me to see a portion of the message with the notification. On the otherhand, If I get an email message (exchange sync), I get the tone/vibrate, but the screen does not turn on. If I try to activate the screen immediately after the audio notification, nothing happens. So I'll push the red/end button again, and the keyboard briefly lights up, then goes dark. Only after the 3rd push of the end button does my screen light up.

Normal? Thanks!

Edited: Oh, and I have the notifications for new text and new email set up exactly the same under Sounds/Notifications...
    It's normal that the screen doesn't light up when a new email comes in vs. a text message. I believe that is the default, not sure if there is a way to change it. However, I don't need to push the end button 3 times before the screen lights up. I don't also immediately try to activate the screen though so I'm not sure.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    kaiguy: do you have PocketMax's phonealarm installed on your device? I am experiencing the same with SMS vs. e-mails and I guess that behaviour it's by default. I have also had the screen turn off on me like you have, and I think I read something on the phonealarm forums about this being something to do with phonealarm.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    kaiguy: do you have PocketMax's phonealarm installed on your device? I am experiencing the same with SMS vs. e-mails and I guess that behaviour it's by default. I have also had the screen turn off on me like you have, and I think I read something on the phonealarm forums about this being something to do with phonealarm.
    No, I don't have Phonealarm installed. I did try out the full version a while back, but I have since done a hard reset so that wouldn't really be an issue.

I don't recall encountering this with my phone before I started using exchange push, so my thought is either I'm remembering wrong, or that may be the culprit.