Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have a few questions about PhoneAlarm Lite:

1) I am using PhoneAlarm Lite v. 1.50. I am experiencing problems with voicemail notifications. I had 3 voicemails but only showed 1 on the Phonealarm. Is this normal? Is it supposed to show the total number of messages for each catagory?

2) Do I need to shut off the phones default notifications while running this program? I just saw an alert (not Phonealarm) that I had 2 missed calls from the day before.

3) I thought there was a feature in Phonealarm that allowed you to mute the ringer by the touch of a button. For instance when you are receiving a phone call and you want to silence your ringer... currently you have to hold down the volume down button till it goes to mute. I want to be able to hit the volume down button and it silence the ringer with 1 touch. If this is possible, can someone point me in the right direction on how to do so?

4) I am trying to import skins to use with PhoneAlarm. How do I get those skins to show up within the PhoneAlarm preferences?

I think that was all I had. I am trying to get used to the WM format coming from Palm for quite a while. I love the ability you have to add programs with the WM format. I don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated with the above questions.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Here is some help.

1) I am using PhoneAlarm Lite v. 1.50. I am experiencing problems with voicemail notifications. I had 3 voicemails but only showed 1 on the Phonealarm. Is this normal? Is it supposed to show the total number of messages for each catagory?
    I would upgrade to the latest version 1.54 and see if that helps you. You should see the total number of messages for each category.

2) Do I need to shut off the phones default notifications while running this program? I just saw an alert (not Phonealarm) that I had 2 missed calls from the day before.
    Not sure about this. I get them too but it would be nice not to get them.

3) I thought there was a feature in Phonealarm that allowed you to mute the ringer by the touch of a button. For instance when you are receiving a phone call and you want to silence your ringer... currently you have to hold down the volume down button till it goes to mute. I want to be able to hit the volume down button and it silence the ringer with 1 touch. If this is possible, can someone point me in the right direction on how to do so?
    You can mute it by selecting a mute profile. I'm not sure if you can associate it to a button.

4) I am trying to import skins to use with PhoneAlarm. How do I get those skins to show up within the PhoneAlarm preferences?
    You want to put the skin in the phoneAlarm folder under Programs where you see the default ones that come with it like Joel_Blue. Depending on the skin, you may have a folder with the images in it. Example, I put I2 Carbon on mine so the phoneAlarm folder has I2 Carbon skin and a folder called I2 Carbon. Once they are there they will show up without doing anything else.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    And I forgot to add this, there is a forum for phoneAlarm where you can ask users and the developer questions and also post problems.

Greg
    1.54 is the latest, 1.55 is in beta 5 right now, so yeah switch to that.

I heard the VM counter does not work with Sprint (maybe verizon)?

For notifications, after 1.54 PhoneAlarm takes full control of them so no need to touch the settings.

One-Handed Mute is available in PhoneAlarm FULL version only. It's under one of the tabs, along with Cell ID and Billing information. You run the key mapper to assign any key you want.

And yeah, like GregE said, go read the forum, the FAQ and you know...the DIRECTIONS
    http://www.pocketmax.net/pA_User.pdf

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I was unaware of a forum being available for the program. I will be sure to check it out. Thanks guys
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I went ahead and made sure the skins were in the same folder as the skins that came with the program and do not see them as an option in PhoneAlarm. Did I maybe do something wrong? I extracted the zip file to the PhoneAlarm folder where all the sound files and skin files are.

Also, I have my alerts set to use the <system> settings but the ringtone i select is constantly resetting. Is this phonealarm or could it be the phone itself doing this?

I apologize for my ignorance with this phone. This is entirely new to me and I keep getting greedy when I learn how much there is to do with this phone. I am learning though