Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Got my 700wx when in first came out - and, I do love it. BUT, the Treo 700p in the closet is calling my name, and his been for a while!!!!!

I just took it out and I find I miss it. I can't get push email but I CAN get exchange sync with 4smartphone - HOLY COW, I never knew that. Do I really need instant email? What I do need is the contact/cal/task syncing.

Anyway, those of us who jumped on the 700wx, our trial period is coming to an end. Are you going to return it?

Robe
    I am keeping my 700wx, I love it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I love it as well. I also bought a Blackberry Pearl recently. I am checking that out. My issue is my company only supports Blackberry (w/ notes). So my options are limited with email/calendar/etc. I forward my email now to 4smartphone and get a forwarded copy of my messages that way. I am out as far as calendar functions. The Pearl allows me to take advantage of the Blackberry server. I am a long time Treo user and would rather not move on. The temptation of getting connected is there. The size factor is not too bad either ;-). I had the 700p as well. I will say I am done with Palm OS. It really shined for a while. WM5 is so much more robust. With the extra memory on the 700wx, this thing performs very well.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    I'm will be keeping it if StyleTap works for the followng games:

HK Mahjong
    Top SuDoKu
    Ogo
    Hold'em High - No Limit Texas Hold

If not, I don't know.

Sheila
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    if you hear it calling your name you should answer. Mine hasn't said a word to me since I switched so I know I made the right decision...for me.

Andy
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I wish I could get over the fear of going to the darkside. Then I might be in this delimea.

I say get the fling going with the 700P again, and see if there is any fire there left.
    The darkside is pretty bright
    Jimmie Geddes
    It's time for the 700p to come out of the closet. Because it's really super.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ... and I answered. A weekend with the 700wx was all I needed to send me back to my lovley P, and the WX back to Sprint.
    this whole thread is just freakin' me out...

"my lovely p"

"I say get the fling going with the 700P again"

" BUT, the Treo 700p in the closet is calling my name, and his been for a while!!!!"

"It's time for the 700p to come out of the closet."

<Insert Palm OS Users/nerd/no girlfriend joke here>

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    I love it as well. I also bought a Blackberry Pearl recently. I am checking that out. My issue is my company only supports Blackberry (w/ notes). So my options are limited with email/calendar/etc. I forward my email now to 4smartphone and get a forwarded copy of my messages that way. I am out as far as calendar functions. The Pearl allows me to take advantage of the Blackberry server. I am a long time Treo user and would rather not move on. The temptation of getting connected is there. The size factor is not too bad either ;-). I had the 700p as well. I will say I am done with Palm OS. It really shined for a while. WM5 is so much more robust. With the extra memory on the 700wx, this thing performs very well.

THE PEARL IS A GODSEND! love the device, absolutely love it. see my post in the other phone section.
    and it doesn't require a screen protector or case!
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

"my lovely p"

" BUT, the Treo 700p in the closet is calling my name, and his been for a while!!!!"

"

I truly did 'laugh out loud!'
    C'mon - let's be honest. Maybe the P does run a little snappier, maybe it's got some UI perks people prefer...

but when it gets right down to it...

Palm is like a Fisher-Price "My First Mobile OS" or something...

That being said, I will never fault anyone for liking what they do. Diff'rent strokes, right?

"Now the world don't move to the beat of just one drum"...
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

"my lovely p"

Maybe this person refers to their significant other as Treo 700p, I seriously hope they're not talking about a real Treo 700p,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I loved the 700p. To me as far as software goes I'm not tied to a particular OS since most of my apps are offered by developers who write for multiple platforms. The real difference between the 2 os's is that with PPC you can bounce from 1 program to another without losing your place.

For example I start up Internet explorer and as the page downloads I open pocket outlook to type an email, then 20 seconds later while in the middle of the email I remember to add something to the grocery list, I flip to explorer an my page is now downloaded and I click a link then finish my email, hit send, open SPB finance and add a transaction to the debit account since the girl at Panera just told me what my total was. I find the info on the net I wanted and seamlessly flip back and forth between the net and notes to coordinate the info I found.

You just cant do that on Palm!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to open and close programs. And with most of my 3rd party apps that means loosing your place in whatever your doing.

Also for me palm is just not as stable. I have a few programs that will occasionally give me an error message and I have to close the program on the PPC, namely PocketLingo. For pocket lingo on palm I don't get the error message, I get a reset. I admit I have a ton of third party apps and maybe some of them aren't written well but PPC just plain handles them better.
    maannnn don't return the wx... i think it's possibly the best phone/pda i've ever purchased. i was immediately dissappointed with my 6700 within the first week i had it, now i've had my wx since sept 2 and i haven't even thought twice about taking it back. this one is definitely a keeper
    Same here, had the 6700 and returned it after a week. It's great being able to do so many things at once and not lose my place. I've also had my 700wx since Sept. 2, I would not give it up.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    I loved the 700p. To me as far as software goes I'm not tied to a particular OS since most of my apps are offered by developers who write for multiple platforms. The real difference between the 2 os's is that with PPC you can bounce from 1 program to another without losing your place.

For example I start up Internet explorer and as the page downloads I open pocket outlook to type an email, then 20 seconds later while in the middle of the email I remember to add something to the grocery list, I flip to explorer an my page is now downloaded and I click a link then finish my email, hit send, open SPB finance and add a transaction to the debit account since the girl at Panera just told me what my total was. I find the info on the net I wanted and seamlessly flip back and forth between the net and notes to coordinate the info I found.

You just cant do that on Palm!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to open and close programs. And with most of my 3rd party apps that means loosing your place in whatever your doing.

Also for me palm is just not as stable. I have a few programs that will occasionally give me an error message and I have to close the program on the PPC, namely PocketLingo. For pocket lingo on palm I don't get the error message, I get a reset. I admit I have a ton of third party apps and maybe some of them aren't written well but PPC just plain handles them better.

/clap

Well said.
    No one here can tell you what to do. It's your phone, your closet, your name its calling (LOL). Palm OS hasn't called my name since the 6700 came out.

Palm is fast, easy and SIMPLE. Bottom line. But to me, "simple" is also "limited"

Then again, I have a bunch of friends with Treo 650's that don't even know how to "hotsync" properly, and don't care to either. I show them the wx and they say "wow, so complicated."

I can't knock them, they want phones that can do some cool stuff, and they have what they want. What do YOU want????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast