Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I have all of my personal contacts in Outlook, but there is also a special section (not in the main contacts section) for our corporate directory. Do any of you know if there's a way to sync my personal contacts to my phone, but also have access to the corporate directory through my Treo? I don't need all 2,000 corporate emails in my phone, but I'd like access to them if need be. Is there any way to do this?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    there are two ways:

1) get Good

2) copy your company directory into your contacts

The first one is preferrable, but the second one gets the job done through brute force. I hope the newer AS offers the ability to sync public folder contacts.
    Or use something like PocketMirror Professional - this will allow sync with Public Folders / special folders, but only when USB cable connected, not over the air - but maybe of some help:
    http://www.chapura.com/
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    also, not sure if this helps but Active Sync does do a GAL lookup on command.

Andy
    If you use Exhange Global Address Lookup then just type your addy server info when you set up your exchange account in active sync. whenever I need a corporate address I type the name in and if it isn't in my personal address book there is a "Find Online" and then I pull it down that way
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357 View Post
    If you use Exhange Global Address Lookup then just type your addy server info when you set up your exchange account in active sync. whenever I need a corporate address I type the name in and if it isn't in my personal address book there is a "Find Online" and then I pull it down that way
    Wow, thank you. I didn't know that was available. This works very well. Thanks!
    Glad I could be of help, it's been awhile since I've been prowling T|C
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.