1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I really love this phone but the one thing that annoys me is that wheb you reply to an email and press send, it won't send it until it synchronizes with my mail server, which is set for every 60 minutes.

Is there an option or way to force it to send the email without hitting send/receive?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    From Active Sync go to Menu|Schedule. Do you have the checkbox check that says "Send outgoing items immediately"?
    I believe that checkbox is for Exchange accounts but I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    I believe that checkbox is for Exchange accounts but I could be wrong.
    I believe you're right, my POP3 mailbox has the Schedule option greyed out.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Ahhhhh. I am an Exchange user so mine isn't greyed out.
    The activesync option only works for exchange, it doesn't work for POP3 or IMAP. As far as I know there is no way to make the MS email client send immediately.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Thanks for clarifying...I also use Exchange now but I think I remembered that this option wasn't available when I was using POP.
  8.    #8  
    That's what I was fearing. It is quite annoying having to press send/receive to send an email out.
    Try Flexmail, it has a bunch of options and also does HTML which is very nice. Make sure you play with the Plethora of viewing options to get things looking exactly how you want it. Almost everyting is customizable look wise.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Can you change your setting to check for mail sooner?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Can you change your setting to check for mail sooner?
    Yea, but that will obviously kill the battery
    on the opposite spectrum, anyone know a way to check mail through outlook at a GREATER interval than 60 min. I dont need to check it on recieve through push or every hour, would like maybe every 2-3 hours per say (maybe a reg. edit?) especially when im out of evdo service on weekends so it wont kill my battery