1.    #1  
    I have been using a 700p and storing things onto the SD card with no real issues but today I received my 700wx and it will not recognize the card.

I get the sound alert that I have inserted a card but I can't browse to it and when looking in Settings/Memory/Storage Card it says "Total storage card memory: Not installed".

It's a PNY 512MB card...not sure what the problem is. For the record, if I reinsert it into the 700p, it is recognized fine by that unit.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Could it be the different operating systems? Have you tried formatiing the card in the 700wx?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    do you have another card to test with...it may be hardware. FWIW, I used my 700p's SD card with no problem with my WX.

Andy
  4.    #4  
    I'm gonna format the card on my laptop. WM5 does not have any option to format the SD card without using 3rd party apps.

That did it, I didn't have access to anything to format it at work when I posted this thread...not sure why it would recognize on the POS and on my Laptop but not WM5 until I formatted. *shrugs*
    Last edited by iammike; 09/25/2006 at 04:37 PM.