Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21  
    wannatreo, I have to agree with your assesment. Awhile back some of us tried to get them to make a "lite" version, which in theory would have a lot less bugs and yet keep imap idle, but obviously that didn't work out. I always thought FM was too much fluff, not enough substance. Any comparison to Chatter is waaay off (in fairness, having to only design for a treo 650 and 700 makes Marc's job much, much easier).

    for me, VGSmail was always the ideal, yet that developer has all but abandoned that project even though his imap/idle transport was the most effecient and effective. He was reportedly going to try to license out that transport to WebIS (who could clearly use it) but that doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon either...

    Luckily for me, mail2web/exchange has actually gone beyond my needs and given me everything I want, but certainly it'd be nice to have a quality 3rd party option.

    Someday!

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    wannatreo, I have to agree with your assesment. Awhile back some of us tried to get them to make a "lite" version, which in theory would have a lot less bugs and yet keep imap idle, but obviously that didn't work out. I always thought FM was too much fluff, not enough substance. Any comparison to Chatter is waaay off (in fairness, having to only design for a treo 650 and 700 makes Marc's job much, much easier).

    for me, VGSmail was always the ideal, yet that developer has all but abandoned that project even though his imap/idle transport was the most effecient and effective. He was reportedly going to try to license out that transport to WebIS (who could clearly use it) but that doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon either...

    Luckily for me, mail2web/exchange has actually gone beyond my needs and given me everything I want, but certainly it'd be nice to have a quality 3rd party option.

    Someday!
    Can you forward your corporate e-mail to mail2web, and then reply as if it were coming from your corporate account?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky2 View Post
    Can you forward your corporate e-mail to mail2web, and then reply as if it were coming from your corporate account?
    for the $1.99/mo account you can use the SMTP proxy setting to do this, so yes.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    for the $1.99/mo account you can use the SMTP proxy setting to do this, so yes.
    Wow, and the recipient canīt tell the difference? How much per month if Iīd like this plus full push and sync and say 200 meg?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions