Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Hey everyone. I just switched over to the 700wx from the 650. It's been a fun transition, and I really think I'm starting to like the windows OS.

I'm having a problem with my Gmail account I set up on the 700. It will send and receive emails with no problem at all, however, once I receive an email and read it, it dissapears from the inbox and server, almost as if it automatically deletes the email as soon as I've read it. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it? I've lost a lot of important emails because of this.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    It's most likely a problem with the settings you have for Gmail and POP. On the Gmail website go to Settings, Forwarding and POP. What do you have for the When messages are accessed with POP box? If it is delete Gmail's copy, that is the problem. If the email is deleted from the server, when you send/receive it will remove it from the device. This is supposed to be a feature so you don't have to manually delete all the email if you POP it at home to your PC. I personally never really liked that feature, but I guess I can see how it would be helpful to people getting hundreds of emails.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    it was set on "Archive Gmail's Copy". If I change it to "Keep Gmail's Copy in the Inbox", will that solve my Treo problem, but create a new problem at home on my laptop that uses Mac Mail to access gmail?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I'm not sure. I don't use Gmail anymore, I have it forwarded to an Exchange Server (the only proper way to get email on a WM5 device). Try it and let us know.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Yeah, that still didn't work. I can get the emails on my Treo, but once I open them and read them, they are gone if I go back to the today screen, then back into messaging. I knew Gmail was a bad idea...

For some reason, I'm also having push syncing issues with my corporate exchange acct. Maybe something's wrong w/ my phone.
    i had the same problem but the solution was posted somewhere on the boards. Under your gmail settings, go to options (3/3), select get message headers only, and check the box below and specify you want 999 kb of message body. That should do it.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I dont know what happened, but now I can't pull anything onto my Treo from GMAIL. I'll send myself an email from my corporate email to test it, and when the Treo syncs, it doesnt find anything. I have all my other GMAIL windows on my computer closed, so I can't figure out why this wont work. Maybe time to delete the email acct and start over?
    did you follow my directions? i had the same problem but now the emails don't get deleted, let me know if it helps...
    Another thing. With Blazer, Gmail showed the little check boxes next to each email so you could just go to your inbox or whatever box, check all the emails you want to mark as read, unread, to delete or archive. It looked almost like accessing it from a desktop PC.

With PIE, those little checkboxes aren't there.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tech358 View Post
    did you follow my directions? i had the same problem but now the emails don't get deleted, let me know if it helps...
    Yeah, I followed them to the "t". I had to delete my gmail account, then re-enter it. It works now. Thank you.

The only problem left is once I read or delete my Gmail emails on my Treo, they still show up as new on my computer; but I think that's just an issue with Gmail, not with the wx or Pocket Outlook.