Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I called sprint customer service to ask why my picture mail isn't working and they inform me that my Treo 700wx doesn't support picture/video mail. Is this true? The sprint customer service rep. I was talking to sounded like she didn't know what she was talking about, so I thought I would ask you guys.
    It's true and no where does it say the 700wx support picture mail.

(unofficially, it does. Go HERE, register to download the .cab file.)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.

Odd, that this $650 phone doesn't come with a simple picture mail. Anyways, to install that program, could I just go to that thread straight from my phone and download it or do I have to download it to my computer and then sync it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Barleymob View Post
    Thanks.

Odd, that this $650 phone doesn't come with a simple picture mail. Anyways, to install that program, could I just go to that thread straight from my phone and download it or do I have to download it to my computer and then sync it?
    it's a .cab so you should be able to download the zip file and extract the cab all on your device (assuming you have zip capabilities).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    So I downloaded the .zip file straight from my phone, but I can't find the file.
    Where/how do I find it? Also, how do I know if my phone has .zip capabilites or not? Thanks
  6.    #6  
    I downloaded a zip program for my phone and opened and downloaded the picture mail file. It seems like I got it, but when i try to send the picture it says it can not send. I notice that the "From" address is "user@user.com (MMS)" and I can't change it. What am I doing wrong? In the "To:" field, do I just put the phone number?
    Last edited by Barleymob; 09/24/2006 at 07:27 PM.
    I downloaded a zip program for my phone and opened and downloaded the picture mail file. It seems like I got it, but when i try to send the picture it says it can not send. I notice that the "From" address is "user@user.com (MMS)" and I can't change it. What am I doing wrong? In the "To:" field, do I just put the phone number?
    after installing you have to do a soft reset. since it is a cab file you just install, not unzip.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    and you must choose new pix message and not the other mms listing...boy I hope the next update fixes this! it is a great hack but not being able to look up addresses kills me!
  9.    #9  
    ok, I didn't know i had to put the phone number in the form of a email address. I don't understand why palm wouldn't just add picture/video mail with this phone. Anyways, say I don't know who the carrier is of a specific number, how do I find this out?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    you can just put a phone number in...I send to verizon and cingulat customers all the time with my WX. the only thing is you have type in the phone number everytime.
  11.    #11  
    It doesn't allow me to send a picture when i put just a number in. Just wondering, is the "From:" field supposed to be "<user@user.com> (MMS)"?

I feel like i'm doing something wrong because everyone else is getting it. What am I doing wrong? Here's what I do:

1. I click "send" on the picture that i want
    2. I select "New Pix Message (MMS)"
    3. In the "To:" field, I put in my phone number for a test (949768----)
    4. I click send

Error #1: "Cannot recognize one or more recipients or the address is not valid. Would you like to send the message anyway?"
    - I click "Yes"
    Error #2: "Outlook E-mail, IMAP4, and POP3 email accounts cannot be used to send text messages."
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    not being able to look up addresses kills me!
    You can look up addresses....just tap on the "To:" and it will take you to your address book.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    A better solution to picture mail is sending it as a file attachment with your email application. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
    You can look up addresses....just tap on the "To:" and it will take you to your address book.
    I think ahalvor is referencing the way the messaging & Outlook apps handle this: typing anything in the 'to' field brings up a list of contacts.

This functionality would be nice.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    A better solution to picture mail is sending it as a file attachment with your email application. Ben
    I want to send it as a picture mail to another phone though. I don't want to email someone.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    I think ahalvor is referencing the way the messaging & Outlook apps handle this: typing anything in the 'to' field brings up a list of contacts.

This functionality would be nice.
    correct, sorry I was a little dramatic about the way I stated it! The immediate lookup is something I am used to after so many years on Sprint Treos.

Andy
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I want to send it as a picture mail to another phone though. I don't want to email someone.
    sounds like your install may have not gone well. i would uninstall, soft reset and reinstall, soft reset. You should not get error if you are selecting the CORRECT MMS account.

Andy
    This works perfect. Thanks.
    P.S.

It also works prefect from the card
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thank you to whom ever tought of this. MMS/SMS was the main reason I switched from Nextel.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast