1.    #1  
    Hi.

If anyone can help with answers to these questions it would be appreciated... I know some were answered in other areas here...

1) I am down to 4 MB Program Storage due to a large PIM file mainly.. (32 MB). I have Memmaid and it allows you to shift the memory from program use to storage.. has anyone done this, and is there another way to get more storage space (all apps on card that can be)?

2) Is there a way with PIE or a plug in that lets you do a FIND on a web page?? Like find a word on the page? I did not see that option at all. Also is there a PIE plug-in that lets you use the 1-2-3 buttons for selecting items like with blazer? When selections are shown with #s... like on Palm?

3) I use Notes and sync them with Outlook. However, I want to move the notes and especially recorded notes to the Storage card. I see the setting to do this, however, when I do that they do not sync with Outlook (when I move the existing to the card). Is there any way to use Notes (written and recorded) from the CARD and have them sync with Outlook?

4) IM+ seems to give errors (MS error sending). Anyone else get this, or have any solution to fix or better IM solution? Is there an IM solution that lets you have multiple screen names open for one service?

5) I want to make MY DOCUMENTS and everything in it located on The CARD.. including when it syncs the Treo My Documents folder. Is there an easy way to do this?

6) Is there a way to use PICTURES from THE CARD for the Today screen? It seems when you want to add a background picture it only looks on the device and no pictures on the card are shown in the choose list.

7) Is there a way to move RINGTONES to the card and use them there? It seems only ones on the device work.

8) In Pictures and Photos, is there a way to have it default and open right to a My Pictures folder ON THE CARD so I don't have to hit a bunch if drop down buttons before seeing the folders I want? Also is there a way to have DCIM folder with new pictures be on the card, not the device?

9) Is there any software or way to check peoples SCHEDULES using Exchange Acivesync? It is great that you can use the Treo to invite and set up appointments, however without knowing the people's schedule that you are inviting, this is not a useful feature.

10) Is there a way or a program that can adjust volumes INDIVIDUALLY for items. For example I don't want email notification as loud as a ringtone. With Windows compared to Palm you get a nice screen for each sound event to adjust... but no way to adjust the sound VOLUME.

Thanks to anyone who takes time to answer one or more of these!

Mike
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I'll attempt a couple of answers for you.

6. When I go to my Today settings and click to use a picture as a background and then browse, I go to a Open screen to select my picture and the default folder is All Folders which shows pictures both on the main memory and SD card. If I select one that's on the SD card, it works fine.

7. I created a folder on my SD card for ringtones but I actually had to put them in the Windows/Rings folder for them to be seem by the phone. I used a program to make a 30 second clip of the song so they are smaller than the entire song would be. The ones on the SD card are in case I need to do a hard reset.

8. Not sure about opening pictures right to a folder you choose. If you use your SD card as the default for your camera, then you can click the My Pictures and choose Storage Card and you will go right to the DCIM folder. You can make your pictures go right to your SD card in a folder called DCIM. Open Pictures & Video. Go to Menu|Options. Click the Camera tab and change the save files to setting to Storage Card.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

4) IM+ seems to give errors (MS error sending). Anyone else get this, or have any solution to fix or better IM solution? Is there an IM solution that lets you have multiple screen names open for one service?
    I use Agile Messenger and love it...it is no Chatter but does the job of an all in one IM.

5) I want to make MY DOCUMENTS and everything in it located on The CARD.. including when it syncs the Treo My Documents folder. Is there an easy way to do this?
    I tried copying the directory over and making a shortcut, but WM kept choking on it. So I hope someone else can answer this.

9) Is there any software or way to check peoples SCHEDULES using Exchange Acivesync? It is great that you can use the Treo to invite and set up appointments, however without knowing the people's schedule that you are inviting, this is not a useful feature.
    no, not without using like goodlink or PIE to look at webmail (provided you have the correct permissions)

It sounds like you need a different OS for all the external memory stuff you are doing. Have you look at the 700p? It has apps that handle most of this external memory stuff. The ones I have played with on the WX do not do it as well.

Andy
  4.    #4  
    I switched from a P to a WX.... The P has many things much better that tne wx.. but the wx syncs better with work and it is needed... A few issues with these answers...

Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    I'll attempt a couple of answers for you.

6. When I go to my Today settings and click to use a picture as a background and then browse, I go to a Open screen to select my picture and the default folder is All Folders which shows pictures both on the main memory and SD card. If I select one that's on the SD card, it works fine.

---- When I go to all folders, it shows picturs in the DCIM folder on my card, where it places camera shots I take. However, I have made a My Pictures folder with subfolder organization on the card... Those are NOT visible in the Today Picture Picker.... Only those files DIRECTLY in the DCIM folder on the card show...

Is there a registry entry to make this look at A "My PIctures" folder on the card AND include the subfolders??

7. I created a folder on my SD card for ringtones but I actually had to put them in the Windows/Rings folder for them to be seem by the phone. I used a program to make a 30 second clip of the song so they are smaller than the entire song would be. The ones on the SD card are in case I need to do a hard reset.

--- Is there any way to get the ringtones ONLY to play from the card without it taking up valuable room in Windows/rings?

8. Not sure about opening pictures right to a folder you choose. If you use your SD card as the default for your camera, then you can click the My Pictures and choose Storage Card and you will go right to the DCIM folder. You can make your pictures go right to your SD card in a folder called DCIM. Open Pictures & Video. Go to Menu|Options. Click the Camera tab and change the save files to setting to Storage Card.
    --- I want it to go to a My Pictures folder on the card.. Not something called DCIM....

As for other issues stll having:

4) Does Agile Messenger stay conected BUT allow calls to interrupt the instant messaenger session?

5) Any help or good program to get the SD CARD folders to sync as easy as the My Treo documents on the device? This shouldnt be hard.. Is there a program that adds it to Activesync (SD Card Folders) so it syncs when you Activesync??

9) I suppose there is NO WAY to use a client to check schedules.. The Exchange web login is too cumbersome to easily look at schedules before making meetings.. thought one of the PIM programs may give an easy way to do this so meetings can be set up AND schedule of people is seen somehow.

2) Can someone reccomend a good PIE PLUG IN which allows tabs possibly and at LEAST lets you FIND something oin a website.. text search!?

3) Any way to store NOTES on the SD card AND Also have them sync with outlook notes??

10) ANy program that will add VOLUME SETTINGS to NOTIFICATION pages for each item?? I dont want my mail indicator as loud as my regular ringtone... however there does not seem to hbe any volumbe control besides OVERALL... Unless Im missing something or there is a third party program I can use.

Thank you for your help!!