1.    #1  
    I am away for the weekend, and had a hard reset. how do you stop the notfication from popping up "message sent". I have how to do it on my home pc. I would have searched, but not having great ev-do coverage right now. thanks in advance.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Getting rid of the Message Sent notification for text messaging:
    for those who hates the "Message Sent" notification after sending an SMS, this is the steps to remove the Message Sentbubble notification...this is the STEP by STEP method to do it in case some of you guys dont get it right...
    1. First, you will need to download a Registry Editor to help you do it...
    a good one will be the freeware PHM Registry Editor
    or for those who got the Resco Explorer, you can use the Registry Editor that comes with it...
    2. using the Registry Editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox
    3. Next, click on Inbox (make sure the Inbox is highlighted) and select Edit, New Key
    4. Name the New Key as "Settings"
    5. Click on "Settings" (make sure the Settings is highlighted) and select Edit, New String Value
    6. On "Value name:", key in SMSNoSentMsg and in "Value data", key in 1
    7. Soft reset your device and test it with one SMS, and you will notice that the SMS Sent bubble is being disabled

there you go bro
  3.    #3  
    thanks so much.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    didn't work for me on my 700w. i just did that, step for step (except for the registry editor)

edit: i think i see the problem. after the soft reset, the new string was not there? i'm using regeditce. any possible solution?
    i think your suppose to wait a couple mins atleast before u soft reset u can try that or use a different registry editor
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i let it sit overnight before soft resetting it a moment ago. the change to the registry was still there, but it still didn't work.

There's not chance the registry editor makes a difference, does it? I can't imagine that it does.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    i let it sit overnight before soft resetting it a moment ago. the change to the registry was still there, but it still didn't work.

There's not chance the registry editor makes a difference, does it? I can't imagine that it does.
    it certainly seems to me like it does....
    Last edited by ahalvor; 09/24/2006 at 11:00 AM.
    well it can't hurt to try a different registry editor i suppose
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i downloaded PHM, did the same hack, and still, it's not fixed.

The only word to describe my feelings now are these: WTF?
    ummm i don't know what to tell u bro i just did it and it worked fine. are u sure when your naming the values your copying it exactly how it says?
    Last edited by untouchablez; 09/24/2006 at 09:18 PM.
    SK Tools got rid of it for me.