Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    this has to do with the claims palm had with the wx doing threaded sms.

first off. i'm not one of those guys that just goes looking for someone to sue. I work for a living. I have never sued anyone in my life. now that being said, I would like to ask the community a question.
    I have a buddy that is a para-legal. I explained my (are) situation to him and he said we had a good case. he said that there are lawyers who do this with no money out of pocket, all the time. he said get on the net, find one and email them your story. so I did. thay called me back and siad this is a very good case. they siad that besides the money, when a company has a suit agianst them, thay are more likey to fulfill there claims. more or less he said that palm might release this feature, in a sooner than expected, update just to make right the wrong and get out of the lawsuit.
    i'm not carrying about the money and don't really mind waiting for the hacked 750v app. my biggest concern is with them not doing this again. from what other on the site have said that palm has made false claims before.

my question to the group, without a bunch of flaming, what do you guys think? should I do this?

I don't want palm to go out of business or raise the price of phones. I don't thonk we're taking that big a lawsuit. I just don't like the idea that a company of this size would lie for more sales. I think that if thay made the claim thay should stick to it.

it doesn't sound like I would have to do much, just make the claim. thay will do the rest.

this is something that I wanted to ask the community. the reason inst just for me, it's for all of us who bought palm products and who will buy in the future.

thanks, cody

ps: I will be out of town tonight so I won't be able to defend myself. please be easy on me.
    Last edited by codyppc; 09/22/2006 at 04:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    And what is the reason for the lawsuit? I think I missed something.
    It would help if you told us what you plan to sue PALM about
    Yah, I dont get it. But sure lets sue them so the Treo 800W costs about $900usd.
    you kinda forgot to state the problem your trying to sue over? Im guessing by hints the threaded text messaging?

and no, sueing over a feature wouldnt raise the prices of future units, itd just make them release a patch/update sooner
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Threaded SMS I believe. From what I have read here, it sounds like they will be releasing this for the wx at some point in the near future. If you went through with a CA lawsuit, what are the chances that the update would be released before the lawsuit was even submitted to Palm?

If you do go through with the lawsuit, throw in the 700p issues as well
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    well i do kinda agree with him that they clearly said threaded text messaging, and they seem to always rpomise stuf and screw the customers over. It def. wont raise prices or anything to release updates and they would come faster threatening a class action suit
    If this issue IS threaded SMS...GET A LIFE already.
    Yeah, it would be nice, but calling out the lawyers and having your life consumed by an obscure function on your cell phone???

I have an idea....TAKE IT BACK and get a refund. Go buy a device that you actually have TESTED before hand to make sure it meets your needs.
    What you are talking about is a class action law suit. And knowing how these play out, the only one who gets anything/rich from it is the lawyer and the first person to claim they were faulted somehow.

It hurts the company more than helps the consumer most times, look at apple, people received a coupon if they could jump through all these glass encrusted flaming hoops and prove the owned X during this time frame.

You haven't been hurt, you are not out anything, you (we) don't have threaded SMS, so what, its a PITA thats it.

Not attacking you or the desire to get this function, just the abuse of the legal system.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=124554

sorry guys, it has to do with the fact that plam said it would do threaded sms and all the replies thay gave us.
    obi and snappy u have 5 and 10 posts respectively and been here less than a month, i dont think you have much right to say what people here who have been here for years and ownedmany treos should do first of all. Most of us have dealt with treos since the 600 or earlier and the bull that Palm feeds most of the time that no one ever challenges and they roll over us. This is not an abuse of the legal system, the legal system in set up, especially the corporate legal system, to preventcompanies from taking advantage of customers and false promises. Thats why corporate lawyers exist and class action lawsuits exist or else there wouldnt be anything in the dictionary to define these terms. You want abuse of the legal system, go write the lady who won millions of dollars from McDonalds spilling hot coffee on herself while she drove, thats abusing the system for being and unintelligent human being

Second look at the Verizon.v710 settlement, it didnt hurt anyone. Moto still produces phones and Verizon is still the #1 carrier so no one got hurt out of it. People filed a class action over a bluetooth profile, now if you want stupid you can say thats stupid, and guess what- the people won! Verzion credited back people ETF's and let people return the phones for something else . In this case, yes spec sheets released by Palm said threaded texting and the feature was left off just like the bluetooth situation with the v710. If this tranformed into a class action we as the consumer would probably win. But unlike the v710 which would be very hard to fix a bluetooth problem, aka a recall/producing new units, this would simply be a patch/update situation not a money/refund thing

I dont see a problem wanting something that was clearly promised to the consumer by the manufacturer when purchasing amalready expensive $650 device
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 09/22/2006 at 04:23 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
    What you are talking about is a class action law suit. And knowing how these play out, the only one who gets anything/rich from it is the lawyer and the first person to claim they were faulted somehow.

It hurts the company more than helps the consumer most times, look at apple, people received a coupon if they could jump through all these glass encrusted flaming hoops and prove the owned X during this time frame.

You haven't been hurt, you are not out anything, you (we) don't have threaded SMS, so what, its a PITA thats it.

Not attacking you or the desire to get this function, just the abuse of the legal system.
    see this is what I said I didn't need. all the flaming. I am not doing this, or should I say considering this for the money. It's cause thay knew it wouldn't do this and still made it sound like it would. after the release if it didn't for what ever reason, thay should have taken it off there site. it was up for three weeks. I am cosidering this for the consumer not the money.
    There is a claim. No question.

Under California law, Business and Professions Code Section 17500.

Palm engaged in false advertising. The proof is easy here, too.

Going with one of those "net lawyers," though, will not get us much. It might apply pressue to Palm, but whoever said it's just going to make that lawyer richer is right. That's the business model of the class action attorney.

I think we should wait a bit longer. The statute of limitations is not going to run anytime soon and I think we may see a resolution soon on this.

I am still pursuing this up the chain in Palm corporate. It's taking longer than I had hoped, but I will report everything that I can when I have something concrete.
    cody dont take it persoanlly from those 2,not people who have been here less than 2 weeks criticizing us as a community who have been around treos for years and know the Palm ropes and "slopes" they put us on all the time

I agree with you fully on the fact a wrongdoing has taken place and something needs to be done. I do agree with the above post wait a bit, Ive heard rumors Palm is getting us out a patch for threaded text sometime soon, give it some time to brew before legal action is taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    after the release ... thay should have taken it off there site. it was up for three weeks. I am cosidering this for the consumer not the money.
    You know, they've changed it now.

That is a direct result of all of the TreoCentral people calling in.

So all of the trolls can say whatever they want, collective action gets noticed.

As I mentioned, let's let it play out a little longer before resorting to more formal measures.
    frivolous.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    maybe you could add in that the treo 600 was to come with wifi...
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    cody dont take it persoanlly from those 2,not people who have been here less than 2 weeks criticizing us as a community who have been around treos for years and know the Palm ropes and "slopes" they put us on all the time

I agree with you fully on the fact a wrongdoing has taken place and something needs to be done. I do agree with the above post wait a bit, Ive heard rumors Palm is getting us out a patch for threaded text sometime soon, give it some time to brew before legal action is taken.
    You know, before you get off on telling folks that they should or should not listen to someone who only has X number of posts and who has only been here for X number of days.

Concider for a moment would you, that perhaps I had an account many moons ago, yes when I still had a treo 600, thank you very much, but unlike you I have a life and many other interests so I didn't hang out here day and night.

I had to create a new account after I recently purchased a 700wx so I could come here and learn about it.

<removed by moderator>
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
    You know, before you get off on telling folks that they should or should not listen to someone who only has X number of posts and who has only been here for X number of days.

Concider for a moment would you, that perhaps I had an account many moons ago, yes when I still had a treo 600, thank you very much, but unlike you I have a life and many other interests so I didn't hang out here day and night.

I had to create a new account after I recently purchased a 700wx so I could come here and learn about it.

<removed by moderator>
    sorry but post number and join date do have an effect on validity here on boards.
    and i can see why u didnt have an account for a while *post reported to mods*
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee View Post
    frivolous.
    Under what standard?

I'm not advocating for a lawsuit, but one would not be anywhere close to frivolous under the standards set by the applicable laws.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast