Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
  1.    #1  
    Anybody use it? Can you spell check your emails? Any other comments?
  2. #2  
    Why would you use it? Push email (with spell check, thank you very much) and full PIM sync is right out of the box with the 700wx and you get to keep all the native cool stuff in the device.
  3. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser View Post
    Why would you use it? Push email (with spell check, thank you very much) and full PIM sync is right out of the box with the 700wx and you get to keep all the native cool stuff in the device.
    Wow and your posts are always so helpful, I was surprised at your response.

    There are a few thousand reasons to still use Good. It offers a few key features that ActiveSync can;t even touch yet (not that they aren't working hard to address those). I would be happy to share if you want me to expand, but to answer the original poster...Good is the same app on WM5 as it was on POS, so any spelling help will have to come from the system.

    HTH!

    Andy
  4. #4  
    If Goodlink would get their act together and release the hostage that we call native contacts, I would be all over goodlink. Used it on my 700wx and 6700 and it is just as fast if not faster that blackberry push email. Plus it will not kill your battery like the 6700 would. Push is not bad, but goodlink as the email client ONLY is better.
    If goodlink is listening, fix the problem of not being able to dial from home screen and MS voice command and you will be golden.
  5.    #5  
    For whatever reason, I can not get push to work when I am not physically logged onto my work network.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by xspwy View Post
    If goodlink is listening, fix the problem of not being able to dial from home screen and MS voice command and you will be golden.
    Dial from home-working on it. Don't have a timeline
    Voice Command-This comes down to using the native contact database, which we are working on as well. The problem is that by using the native stores, we would not be able to secure (encrypt) them. If we do encrypt them, it would still make them unuseable by other apps that would access them. Again, it is my understanding we are working on options there.
  7.    #7  
    What about spell check?
  8. damigs's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #8  
    Here is the Goodlink forum. Looks like Goodlink on the WX is a major pain as it robs the device of its nice functionality that it comes with.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77
  9. #9  
    Awesome, I have been working with our local rep and he said the same thing....glad to know this is not just a ploy to blow smoke. I look forward to the next release after the october release. Once the issues are fixed, I will be a happy GL subscriber again.
    Thanks Goodguy!!

    XS
  10. #10  
    It offers a few key features that ActiveSync can;t even touch yet (not that they aren't working hard to address those).
    Just curious about this statement. What does Goodlink offer over Activesync when in comes to MS Exchange email?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Just curious about this statement. What does Goodlink offer over Activesync when in comes to MS Exchange email?
    Couple of things:

    Sent and Deleted sync
    Syncing of email, contacts, calendar, notes and tasks (EAS doesn't sync notes)
    Fleet management
    Enhanced security
    OS and device choice
    preview pane
    reply and forward indicators
    24x7 Web based monitoring

    Granted, EAS offers use of native stores and attachment send support, but the thing to keep in mind is the GMM is a managed service whereas EAS is a feature of Exchange.
  12.    #12  
    GOODGUY, pleaes comment on spell check.
  13. #13  
    Sent items can indeed sync with EAS. I use it all the time.

    And the ability to attach files to new outbound emails can't be overstated. I use that all the time, now that I have the ability to do it.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser View Post
    Sent items can indeed sync with EAS. I use it all the time.

    And the ability to attach files to new outbound emails can't be overstated. I use that all the time, now that I have the ability to do it.
    Can you explain how? I need this feature and any EAS that I have ever used does not show sent mail.
  15. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Just curious about this statement. What does Goodlink offer over Activesync when in comes to MS Exchange email?
    well one huge deal is public folder of contacts shared across an organization...our people couldn't live without it.

    Editing meeting requests is also a huge hole in EAS.

    and the BIG one: ADMINISTRATION

    Andy
  16. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Dial from home-working on it. Don't have a timeline
    Voice Command-This comes down to using the native contact database, which we are working on as well. The problem is that by using the native stores, we would not be able to secure (encrypt) them. If we do encrypt them, it would still make them unuseable by other apps that would access them. Again, it is my understanding we are working on options there.

    I certainly hope that these functions of good would be optional! I use AS for my personal stuff and like dialing with my personal contacts and don't want Good to intrude on this. The way it works now is perfect for me. My work life on my personal treo is secondary.
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    I certainly hope that these functions of good would be optional! I use AS for my personal stuff and like dialing with my personal contacts and don't want Good to intrude on this. The way it works now is perfect for me. My work life on my personal treo is secondary.
    So with GL installed, you can dial from home screen and it works?
  18. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    My work life on my personal treo is secondary.
    I dont think this is the market they are shooting for...but I agree it would be nice if these features were optional.

    Andy
  19. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by xspwy View Post
    So with GL installed, you can dial from home screen and it works?
    The today screen...not the Good home screen (which is called launcher on WM)

    Why they went with the Launcher idea must have been something they figured out with market tests...but it is lost of me and my users.

    Andy
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    The today screen...not the Good home screen (which is called launcher on WM)

    Why they went with the Launcher idea must have been something they figured out with market tests...but it is lost of me and my users.

    Andy
    The today screen > Yes....I have GL installed and I have also sync'd my EAS with my corporate contacts. The EAS contacts show up in pocket outlook, but I am not able to type in a contacts name(from either pocket outlook or GL) and use the native dial from homescreen program. When just sync'd with EAS, it works, but when you add GL into the mix, even with pocket outlook contacts intact, no names come up.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions