Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xspwy View Post
    So with GL installed, you can dial from home screen and it works?
    dial from home works with my EAS contacts. I like it this way. I am on Good version 4.7.025
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    i've used goodlink on treo's dating back to the 600 (sprint). if you like battery life it's the best product out there. dial from home is not a valid complaint in my eyes.

i like goodlink
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    well one huge deal is public folder of contacts shared across an organization...our people couldn't live without it.

Editing meeting requests is also a huge hole in EAS.

and the BIG one: ADMINISTRATION

Andy
    Interesting info from everbody on Good, thanks for filling me in. I agree with Administration being the biggest thing lacking (atleast for my company) in converting from a Blackberry to a Exchange ActiveSync shop. Theres just not much available (as compared to Blackberry) when it comes to reporting, data use statistics, and other things. Microsoft told us to look into using MOM, so we will take a look.

Clearly, the biggest advantage for MS is going to be cost. Not needing any extra hardware or service contracts is a huge gain for many companies. My company will save over $500,000 a year by not having to pay BB fees and extra service provider costs (for BB data plans). Like MS has often done, if they cant beat you, they will give it away for free.
    i have the goodlink on my 700w because of our corporate account... My question is why is it using so much memory? it uses about 6-7mb just to run... When i reset the phone i have about 15 free... when i start the goodlink i get about 6-7 free depends if i get a call or not as well..

Is there a way to make it use less memory as we with 700w's have problems with the darn Ram....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    dial from home works with my EAS contacts. I like it this way. I am on Good version 4.7.025
    That is probably it. I have 4.9.x.x. Do you have the cab file for your version?

Goodguy, Anyway to get an older copy of goodlink?
    Last edited by xspwy; 09/23/2006 at 12:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    That is probably it. I have 4.9.x.x. Do you have the cab file for your version?

Goodguy, Anyway to get an older copy of goodlink?
    your administrator can push out an earlier version.

Andy
    try launching goodlink using the Launcher icon (not envelope)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    your administrator can push out an earlier version.

Andy
    Won't happen....too many employees and too many hurdles to jump through. Thanks though.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Its terrible how by installing Goodlink 4.9 it takes away nice functionalities that comes with the 700wx.. Wonder what Good was thinking...

- No today screen contact lookup
    - Good deletes Messaging from today screen

Jus to name a few
    Good is tremendous.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    Good is tremendous.
    Good is good, we just want it better!!
    Can you explain how? I need this feature and any EAS that I have ever used does not show sent mail.
    I also have sent mail working. The "Sent" Box is not a box that is immediately turned on when you setup ActiveSync. This is how you get it turned on:

1) While in Outlook email, go to menu => Tools => Manage Folders.

It will then list all of the folders, you then just need to check the box next o Sent Items and hit ok.

This is also the same way to have all of your subfolders syncing.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    I've used GL since my 600 and it is a great application..like the colors of the interface, the use of AutoText, the "week" view and especially love that when you look inside an appointment that you can see whether someone actually accepted or declined. I've been looking for a PIM app that will allow me to see the "acceptance" through Direct Push.

I'm fortunate in that my company supports all 3: BB, GL, and Direct Push. I know that's quite unusual. The 3 reasons I'm no longer using GL are:

1) the memory drain, which has been a constant problem since my days of both the 600, the 650, and the MDA.

2) that by using the GL PIM apps, that it blocks you from the extended capabilities of the device that take advantage of the native PIM apps. Also, that when you buy other 3rd party apps, that many of them (not all) tend to not recognize GL's PIM. I think this is partly because of developers not necessarily building for GL and also because of the needed encryption.

3) Inability to send attachments using GL. However, the pathetic Excel and Windows Mobile strip out so much out of the file as opposed to Docs-To-Go that I tend to no longer send anything anyway.

GL is an absolutely great set of applications. If they found a way to solve the issues, I'd be back on it in a minute. But I also do realize that it is much cheaper for a company to use Direct Push. I've never been a fan of BB and never will be for all of the obvious reasons.

I'm a heavy email user due to my job and I'm about to take the ultimate leap now of removing GL and only using Direct Push. I can't explain how nervous that is making me, but I have been testing Direct Push on it's own for awhile now and it's been fine. I am using KaiSoft's AutoCorrect to replace the AutoText function of GL, which i absolutely loved! The other thing I'm having some difficulty getting by with is the seeing attendees "Acceptance", "Decline", etc. I don't know if this is a limitation of Pocket Outlook just not having it built in or if Direct Push just doesn't push the info over. I'm going to try a few other calendar PIM's today and see if I can find one that does that.

Also, I have to say that SPB Diary has been truly great to use. I love the feature it has where you can filter your email to only the unread email view. This is not something that either GL or Pocket Outlook natively has. As someone who gets 30 - 40 new "truly work" emails every 2 hours and is always behind on replying to email, this is a must for me. SPB Diary also lets me have a preview of the email right there on the today screen so I can actualy read, reply, etc right there on the today screen. It's a great app. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with GL..alteast I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but it does work with some of the other 3rd party apps.
    Last edited by waynew73; 09/24/2006 at 08:34 AM.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Good is good, we just want it better!!

LoL.. Good to me is just okay. If it were better then it would be "good".
    good/blackberry servers trump all else, not sure what this crowd is after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    I certainly hope that these functions of good would be optional! I use AS for my personal stuff and like dialing with my personal contacts and don't want Good to intrude on this. The way it works now is perfect for me. My work life on my personal treo is secondary.
    It is my understanding that the plan is to make them optional. But bear in mind, many things could change between now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser View Post
    Sent items can indeed sync with EAS. I use it all the time.

And the ability to attach files to new outbound emails can't be overstated. I use that all the time, now that I have the ability to do it.
    Sent items is a one-way sync, unless that has been updated, which is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    GOODGUY, pleaes comment on spell check.
    I know we are looking at spellcheck, but no time frame.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    I know we are looking at spellcheck, but no time frame.
    dont waster your valuable resources on this, since most modern OS's (read: not POS) support it. ;-)

Andy
  20.    #40  
    LOL, no time frame? GL has been out for how many years and you guys are only looking into it? All these WM devices have spell check built in, why cant you just utilize an already present utility?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast