Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    When I recieve incoming calls and my ringer is on, I like to press one of the side volume buttons to silence the ringer while i look at the screen and see who's calling.

I exchanged my Treo 700w today for a new one due to a speaker issue. This Treo 700w is not silencing the ring when I press either of the buttons. The buttons physically work (like for adjusting volume), but they just do not stop the ringing.

How can I enable this?
    Press any key on the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    why they changed that is beyond me
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was positive that my 700w that I had for a week up until yesterday silenced the ring by pressing one of the side volume buttons, even though people online seem to say otherwise. Do i just have a bad memory?
    Side volumenev er silened ring unless you pressed it a few times and the ringer went to OFF
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I could've sworn it did, but I'm not saying you are all wrong.

I'm 18. Has anyone ever heard of Alzheimers hitting someone as young as I am?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    lol....hitting the side keys never worked for me either...only the "end call" (red) key works for me....but then again i'm 33....and have grey hair, can't get it up, can't remember, etc...etc...etc...
    If you hit the side volume button down all the way it will silence the ringer...if you hit the upper volume button the you'll hear the ringer get louder.

Treo 700w purchased in March 06
    Running Version 1.10
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Yea, but that's not the issue. That works for me. I want to be able to silence the ringer by hitting one button once.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Like MikeRadio said, just hit a button on the keyboard.
    I was wondering about that too. It's a bit naff to have to press a button on the keyboard when the side volume buttons are so much better placed. The side volume buttons worked on my 650 to silence the ring and it was great.

Good to know that it can still be done.