Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Folks, I back up daily with the sprite backup program; I fear that I need to do a hard reset because now every time that I do a soft reset This Treo 700
    W plays an alarm for ~20 minutes, and I have been told that the only way to stop that is to do a hard reset.
    What should I know before I do the hard reset? Any special precautions, special things to back up? I will go through my list of installed apps, in order to make sure that I have all the cabs and/or installation programs. I have synced with Outlook and HOPEFULLY I can get my contacts back this way.
    I am afraid to restore everything with Sprite backup, as I could also restore whatever is causing this alarm to continually go off
    Does anyone have any advice regarding the hard reset/restore process? Thanks so much in advance for your help!
    to hard reset = remove battery cover, while holding red phone button, insert stylus in reset hole. screen displays prompt " do you want to reset?" press dpad up for yes.

enjoy, cody
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon View Post
    Folks, I back up daily with the sprite backup program; I fear that I need to do a hard reset because now every time that I do a soft reset This Treo 700
    W plays an alarm for ~20 minutes, and I have been told that the only way to stop that is to do a hard reset.
    What should I know before I do the hard reset? Any special precautions, special things to back up? I will go through my list of installed apps, in order to make sure that I have all the cabs and/or installation programs. I have synced with Outlook and HOPEFULLY I can get my contacts back this way.
    I am afraid to restore everything with Sprite backup, as I could also restore whatever is causing this alarm to continually go off
    Does anyone have any advice regarding the hard reset/restore process? Thanks so much in advance for your help!
    I had this same damn alarm program and I can confirm that sprite backup will put it back on your phone. WHen I did the hard reset, I made a list of my programs on a sheet of paper, cross checked that list w/ my cab files (which I happen to keep all in one folder on my PC) and let her rip. What I thought was going to take quite a bit of time ended up taking about 45 minutes total including installing TomTom and getting it to see my GPS again.

I haven't set one of those alarms since