1.    #1  
    This is one of those small little annoyances I noticed moving from my 650 to my 700wx. The ; is now the standard instead of the :. Does anyone know a way to edit this so that the : is the standard instead of the ;?
    I would love to get this hack. I can't believe that ":" isn't standard, it's annoying having to open up the on screen keyboard to get ":".
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I would love to get this hack. I can't believe that ":" isn't standard, it's annoying having to open up the on screen keyboard to get ":".
    Not sure if you know but if you hit the Alt key on the keyboard, a menu pops up with the special characters and the : is the first one on the menu. It was a little annoying at first but I got use to it now. Just hit Alt and the center button on the 5 way nav.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    it is amazing though...as amazing as not being able to send Picture Mail.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Agreed, another important one is backslash, which is important for logging into servers and directories etc. The alt/center button thing makes it available though.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    Not sure if you know but if you hit the Alt key on the keyboard, a menu pops up with the special characters and the : is the first one on the menu. It was a little annoying at first but I got use to it now. Just hit Alt and the center button on the 5 way nav.
    Thanks so much for that tip, that makes a world of difference.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Add me as another person annoyed by the semicolon instead of the colon. Now, as an English-nerd, the semicolon is easily my favorite punctuation mark; On a smartphone, colon is more important.
    seriously, what happened there? Palm generally has good intentions when making such changes to their devices, even when it's inconvenient to us, but this one makes no sense.
  9.    #9  
    Yes, I know about using the Alt key but still, it would be nice to use Alt for the less common ;
    It wouldn't be Palm if they didn't make a change to the buttons,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    also, ALT plus space bar works the same as ALT + Center. space bar can be a little easier to press sometimes...
    I could be wrong but I think the reason that the semi-colon is there instaed of the colon is because the semi-colon is used in outlook to send to multiple senders?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    I could be wrong but I think the reason that the semi-colon is there instaed of the colon is because the semi-colon is used in outlook to send to multiple senders?
    Good point! We've got to remember we're using Windows now
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    Hrmm, is this a WX thing, my 700w doesnt do that.
    Err, alt & option are not the same keys
    I don't know about the 700W but the WX has an ALT key on the keyboard..and yes ALT and option are not the same keys.
  17. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Add me as another person annoyed by the semicolon instead of the colon. Now, as an English-nerd, the semicolon is easily my favorite punctuation mark; On a smartphone, colon is more important.
    You capitalize after a semicolon, English nerd?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    it is amazing though...as amazing as not being able to send Picture Mail.
    This works great to send MMS on Sprint.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/real-picture...c-6700-t5.html
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser View Post
    also, ALT plus space bar works the same as ALT + Center. space bar can be a little easier to press sometimes...
    I didn't know that..cool.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter