Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Gotta say, I really am sold on the 700wx - I had a 650 -> Sprint 6700 -> cingular 8125 -> back to the 650 -> 700p and finally the 700wx and it is a keeper.

Couple of interesting observations (which of course, lead to questions)

1. I use 4smartphone and really like the functionality of having EVERYTHING (except tasks) on all my computers - 2 macs and the 700wx - the same. when I check the sent items folder on entourage the messages that I send from the treo via activesync are all Gobbledygook and mostly unreadable. On the 4 smartphone website they are fine. Any ideas how to change this?

2. Speaking of 4smartphone, anyway to merge the data between the 4smartphone server and the "in house" data? I forward my .mac stuff to smartphone and have it configured to keep the messages at .mac

3. My switch at the top of the treo does not vibrate when I switch it to vibrate. The 700p does and I thought the wx did too. Does yours?

4. I still have my TCPMP question that has gone unanswered in 2 forums!!! Basically, I want it to sort my music like Windows Media does - by album, artist etc.... can i do this?

OK - about enough for now.

Thanks all

Robe
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Number 3.: Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Sounds & Notifications -> Notifications tab

Select the desired Event, then check Vibrate when ringer switch off
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobeJazz View Post
    Gotta say, I really am sold on the 700wx - I had a 650 -> Sprint 6700 -> cingular 8125 -> back to the 650 -> 700p and finally the 700wx and it is a keeper.

Couple of interesting observations (which of course, lead to questions)

1. I use 4smartphone and really like the functionality of having EVERYTHING (except tasks) on all my computers - 2 macs and the 700wx - the same. when I check the sent items folder on entourage the messages that I send from the treo via activesync are all Gobbledygook and mostly unreadable. On the 4 smartphone website they are fine. Any ideas how to change this?

2. Speaking of 4smartphone, anyway to merge the data between the 4smartphone server and the "in house" data? I forward my .mac stuff to smartphone and have it configured to keep the messages at .mac

3. My switch at the top of the treo does not vibrate when I switch it to vibrate. The 700p does and I thought the wx did too. Does yours?

4. I still have my TCPMP question that has gone unanswered in 2 forums!!! Basically, I want it to sort my music like Windows Media does - by album, artist etc.... can i do this?

OK - about enough for now.

Thanks all

Robe
    Well, thanks for the responses so far - 4smartphone got back to may and said that the Gobbledygook is a bug in Entourage 2004 so I am stuck with it. Does this annoy anyone else?

Any of you 4smartphone/mac users have some of the other issues that I described?

TIA,

Robe
    Robe,

How do you synch your 700wx on a Mac?
    You use The Missing Sync found here. I use it with my iMac.

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_windowsmobile.php

It's an awesome, and must have app if you have a Mac.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Number 3.: Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Sounds & Notifications -> Notifications tab

Select the desired Event, then check Vibrate when ringer switch off
    Not sure if I am following you on this one. What event are you selecting? I thought the 700wx couldn't do the vibrate feature that the 700p did when you slide the switch at the top of the Treo 700wx to silent. Maybe I am missing something.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I had the same problem with Entourage 2004. I wasn't too happy when 4smartphone said that it was an issue with Entourage, but...oh well. Besides the garbled text issue, everything else syncs nicely and on a timely manner.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kgjonesva View Post
    Robe,

How do you synch your 700wx on a Mac?
    Yes, I use a mac and entourage 2004 - and the LuvDucs had it right - this is a micro$haft problem according to 4smartphone.

Thanks for the replies

Robe
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Not sure if I am following you on this one. What event are you selecting? I thought the 700wx couldn't do the vibrate feature that the 700p did when you slide the switch at the top of the Treo 700wx to silent. Maybe I am missing something.
    Of course it does!

Under each notification like "Missed Call", "New email message" you'll want to select "Vibrate when ringer switch is off" to get this. They almost all have this as an option.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Of course it does!

Under each notification like "Missed Call", "New email message" you'll want to select "Vibrate when ringer switch is off" to get this. They almost all have this as an option.
    Mr. Headache - I grew up in Huntington and io parlo italiano - thanks for all of your help in the 700wx thread. It has helped me a lot.

Alas, I now live in PA and sorely miss asharokan beach as well as bayville.

Robe
    Quote Originally Posted by RobeJazz View Post
    Mr. Headache - I grew up in Huntington and io parlo italiano - thanks for all of your help in the 700wx thread. It has helped me a lot.

Alas, I now live in PA and sorely miss asharokan beach as well as bayville.

Robe
    (although I'm originally from New England but it's not too bad down here... )

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Of course it does!

Huh? He's talking about the phone vibrating when the ringer switch is moved to silent. The 700p gives a confirmation vibrate but the 700wx does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    Huh? He's talking about the phone vibrating when the ringer switch is moved to silent. The 700p gives a confirmation vibrate but the 700wx does not.
    I think storyr and I are confusing what that OP says "My switch at the top of the treo does not vibrate when I switch it to vibrate."

He and I took that to mean that after switching, when a new notification/call etc comes in, they are not getting any vibrate to work, just silence.

What he meant was that at the momement of toggling the switch there is no vibrate, which is correct, there is none.

So simply a misunderstanding.