Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those of us that moved from a 650 to a 700w/wx and were using the amazing ChatterEmail (Marc, you rock! ), I have found that www.emoze.com is probably the closest thing to Chatter. Though the two work differently, they accomplish pretty much the same thing as far as I can tell.

The best thing about emoze is that it's free, it's small, and it just simpy works.

For those of you who are using emoze, please post your comments about it here.
    when I put 700w in for my device it says not supported.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I just put in ipaq 6900 and it worked.
    Jimmie Geddes
    If I recall though, it does require your computer to be on 24/7 for it to work though, correct?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Yes, your pc does need to be on for emoze to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I just put in ipaq 6900 and it worked.

Sounds interesting... what's your impression? How many accounts (POP) will it sync with?
    But it only supports Outlook as a mail client right ? So, if I have my own IMAP server it won't work ?
    I didn't even end up using it because you have to make sure you leave your computer on for it to work. There's better options out there, but it's always good to find new apps like this.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I'm confused. Why wouldn't you use the built in email client?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I'm confused. Why wouldn't you use the built in email client?
    Palm OS users are looking for something to replace chatter, pocket outlook when setup right is a suitable replacement. I am having great success with it, but am always open to alternatives
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Palm OS users are looking for something to replace chatter, pocket outlook when setup right is a suitable replacement. I am having great success with it, but am always open to alternatives
    I am a current 600 Chatter user and agree that CHATTER ROXORS
    BUT
    Just held a 700wx and am itching to finally upgrade. So beside the limit on the number of different email accts, IMAP and POP work fine with pocket Outlook eh???
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I am a current 600 Chatter user and agree that CHATTER ROXORS
    BUT
    Just held a 700wx and am itching to finally upgrade. So beside the limit on the number of different email accts, IMAP and POP work fine with pocket Outlook eh???
    it's just like any other email app--works well and is relatively configurable (e.g. sync times, attachments on storage card, etc.)

I still think nothing beats either forwarding everything to a Hosted Exchange account or having it aggregrate for you (Mail2web can do that once an hour). It's simple and very fast.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Anyone who has an exchange account and also wants to use an IDLE IMAP email account, I would recommend vgsmail. It basically just adds IDLE functionality to Pocket Outlook
    one thing i don't enjoy about pocket outlook is you must hit "send/receive" just to send out a message. At least for my POP3 account.
    I'm not having that issue, I have pop 3 and imap accounts. Once I hit send on either they get sent.
    Jimmie Geddes
    me too - I hit 'Send' and off go the emails....
    No I don't think they are sent. Right after you click send, look in your outbox folder. If you see the message in there it hasn't been sent yet.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  18.    #18  
    I tried vgsmail and it looks promising. But, am I wrong or does it only support 1 email account?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone`` View Post
    For those of us that moved from a 650 to a 700w/wx and were using the amazing ChatterEmail (Marc, you rock! ), I have found that www.emoze.com is probably the closest thing to Chatter. Though the two work differently, they accomplish pretty much the same thing as far as I can tell.

The best thing about emoze is that it's free, it's small, and it just simpy works.

For those of you who are using emoze, please post your comments about it here.
    i dont want to be tethered to a computer...I just keep inundating Marc with requests for a WM5 chatter.
  20.    #20  
    Now you're talking!

Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    i dont want to be tethered to a computer...I just keep inundating Marc with requests for a WM5 chatter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast