1.    #1  
    Well Lookee here. Trying to type a zero and I hit Opt + Left Shift and up pops the search application.

(speaking of searching, I didn't find this here, somebody slap me if I'm wrong).

I wonder what other little hidden key combos are in here. I know that Opt + Send while in IE sends the focus to the address bar (assuming it's visible).

Anything else I'm missing? I would consider paying a bounty to someone for making that little taxi putter across my screen just for nostalgia's sake.
    That is awesome! I love it when I learn new stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post

I wonder what other little hidden key combos are in here. I know that Opt + Send while in IE sends the focus to the address bar (assuming it's visible).
    What is the Send key? I'd really love to highlight the address bar without scrolling up.
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    What is the Send key? I'd really love to highlight the address bar without scrolling up.
    The Green Phone button.
    I'm sure you guys know about holding down the center key to pop up the sub-menu e.g like in Outlook it brings up the delete function plus others.

Green key also returns to the Today Screen/minimizes the app (I was used to the Red key doing that on the 6700, didn't think about the Green on the 700wx).

Both were simple features that I overlooked for like 2 weeks ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    So I guess thats what the zoom looking magnifine glass icon is on the 750v....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    So I guess thats what the zoom looking magnifine glass icon is on the 750v....
    Ah, neat. Glad they added that. Wonder if we'll get that icon in a Rom update

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Green key also returns to the Today Screen/minimizes the app (I was used to the Red key doing that on the 6700, didn't think about the Green on the 700wx).
    Thanks for this tip!! Now I just need to retrain my left thumb to hold one button instead of hitting two buttons (start->center button).

Happy thumb!!

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    except when you're in text messages, then it offers to call the sender. a neat idea, I guess, but annoying in that the button does the same darn thing in every app but that one and my muscle memory keeps making me push it.
    except when you're in text messages, then it offers to call the sender. a neat idea, I guess, but annoying in that the button does the same darn thing in every app but that one and my muscle memory keeps making me push it.
    Maybe the "soon to be" highly anticipated.. threaded sms text messenger will solve this issue? Any of you have a 750v floatin around to play with?

yeah I noticed that too (as well as in email) and find it quite annoying.

Is there a way to map the side button to the <dial pad>? I didn't see it in the list of options. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mchinsomboon View Post
    Is there a way to map the side button to the <dial pad>? I didn't see it in the list of options. Thanks.
    You need a third party program to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    You need a third party program to do that.
    Which one?
    aebutton is the app for remaping the buttons. I think
    while in IE...

hold option and dpad up = moves screen up by page not link.

hold option and dpad down = moves screen down by page not link.

hold option and dpad left = moves to top of page.

hold option and dpad right = moves to bottom of page
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    while in IE...

Okay codyppc, this tip needs to be stickied. This is something that I will use everyday!
    bit_bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    while in IE...

That convention also applies to any list of items - like, say, in email. You're mid way down in your inbox, and you want to jump back to the top - Opt + dpad left = jump to the top. And so forth. Opt + dpad right = jump to bottom.

And any scrolling will be better a page at a time - as shown above, just do Opt + dpad up or down. Pages up and down.

And, when you're in text creation mode (say, for example - creating new email) and you want to move the cursor around on the screen, you can jump to the end/beginning of a line by Opt + Dpad Right/Left. Not quite the same as some of the text selection tools/hacks on the Palm OS, but pretty nice nonetheless. That way you don't have to get out the stylus.
    When in messaging, if you have more than one email account or sms messages stored;

click dpad left or right to move from one account to the next.