Page 1 of 41 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Currently using spb weather that runs pretty stable and like the look of the tabbed cities. Is there a program though that on the today screen in addition to the forecast will show the current temp?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I use Weather Panel on my PPC 6700. You can find the program at www.marsware.net. You can put several cities into the program and it will cycle through them at user defined intervals. The forcast for the upcoming week is visible including current radar images.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks I'll check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by crash383 View Post
    I use Weather Panel on my PPC 6700. You can find the program at www.marsware.net. You can put several cities into the program and it will cycle through them at user defined intervals. The forcast for the upcoming week is visible including current radar images.
    I use weather panel also.

The software has essentially gone free. Download the Trial and it will never expire. The developer went missing over a year ago, so there will not be any more updates though.
    Free beats cheap anyday but you get what you pay for.
  6.    #6  
    Ah ok this is good to know. If its a good program thats one thing, but I dont mind paying for something knowing that bugs will be looked at or new things added over time.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i have weatherpanel. i really like the animated weather images. i wish they had 240x240 resolution
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    i have weatherpanel. i really like the animated weather images. i wish they had 240x240 resolution
    The default layouts may not be for square screens but you can always create your own or download another layout. Check out www.weatherpanel.net for more info.
    on weatherpanel can you just select one city? i don't want to have mulitple cityies on my today screen.
    Check out my screenshot of weatherpanel in this thread.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...43&postcount=3
    I kinda wish there was a completely simple 1-line today plugin that just showed the current temp and maybe a cloud or something.

It could update like once an hour.

I find most weather plugins, actually all weather plugins just show too much info. And weather panel was something like 2mb to install which is just nuts for a weather app, for my needs.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I kinda wish there was a completely simple 1-line today plugin that just showed the current temp and maybe a cloud or something.

I find most weather plugins, actually all weather plugins just show too much info. And weather panel was something like 2mb to install which is just nuts for a weather app, for my needs.
    Agree completely, or at least have that option. When I'm traveling I would love to just take a quick look at the phone in the morning and get current temp/forecast. SPB doesnt seem too bad so far in terms of memory and the 2 line display is pretty compact. Ideally would like the current temp and maybe 3 day forecast in a 2 line display.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmidnight View Post
    Agree completely, or at least have that option. When I'm traveling I would love to just take a quick look at the phone in the morning and get current temp/forecast. SPB doesnt seem too bad so far in terms of memory and the 2 line display is pretty compact. Ideally would like the current temp and maybe 3 day forecast in a 2 line display.
    actually, I'm suprised no one has mentioned Tonaya's Weather-to-Go which has a "compact" view:

Still not good enough though... though close.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Something like this? Well, it's actually 2 lines but you can always modify it to 1 line. I made it to look like the Date plugin. That's one thing I like about WeatherPanel, it's totally customizable. If you guys want, I can post this layout. I just need to find it on my PC cuz I haven't used this layout since I got rid of the 6700.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15.    #15  
    Thats pretty cool actually can you make it even smaller?
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    Something like this? Well, it's actually 2 lines but you can always modify it to 1 line. I made it to look like the Date plugin. That's one thing I like about WeatherPanel, it's totally customizable. If you guys want, I can post this layout. I just need to find it on my PC cuz I haven't used this layout since I got rid of the 6700.
    Okay, I admit that is pretty cool!

yeah, if you get a chance to find those files that'd be great!

tia

17.    #17  
    Same here, I'd give it a shot.
    np...ill see if I can find it tonight when I get home from work
    I tryed dl cab file for weathepanel from my Treo 700wx, but it gave me an error, saying that the file eather is not signed with a trusted sertificate or some files are missing.
    Can some one upload a working cab file for me so i can dl it? Thx.
    Wow, I just downloaded & installed the weatherpanel cab. The install went OK but it totally locked up my phone! Soft reset did nothing; I had to hard reset - any one else have this experience?
Page 1 of 41 12345611 ... LastLast