Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon View Post
    Storyr, we all owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude for the work it took to get this looking so nice! Thanks so much! I did have one question; is there a button or spot on any of the today screen where we can choose to update, like there was in the default screens? No big deal of there is not, but I was justg wondering if that existed in any of the views. Again, you have done a fantastic job and these views look so much nicer on the 700W. Thanks so much!
    Thanks for the kind words...

Most of the Today screen layouts provide two methods to update (see areas marked in red below). I think all of the layouts include the little icon in the upper right corner, that when clicked on, will update immediately.

Second, the settings icon (usually in the upper left corner), provides two update options when clicked (one with and one without radar update)...

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    very nice storyr.

all you guys have just took this thread and ran with it. you took what i had for 8 months and totally brought it back to life. i haven't posted on this thread for a while but i had to now. you guys are awesome. good job

thanks, cody
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Wow, what a difference.

Thanks storyr.
    No, no - thank you guys! Sorry I'm such a late comer to WeatherPanel - We can only hope it keeps running for a while...
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Outstanding!!! Thank you very much for taking the time to do this! Gonna go try it right now! Thanks again!!!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Folks, let me share this with you in the hopes that you don't make the same mistake that I have. I removed all the files in the themes\default directory, and copied all the files from the new zipped 240x240 view there. Well, that wasn't the right thing to do, as then I had no animated radar view, although the detail screens looked great!
    I then copied back all of the old files into the directory, then copied the new files once more into the directory, but my detail screens still are like the original, not the new 240x240 files. I don't know which files to copy over to get the detail right, any help is
    GREATLY appreciated, Thanks!
    Last edited by rfdillon; 10/02/2006 at 12:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Hey rfdillon,

You need to copy the simple-240 folder and paste it into the Themes folder. You are adding the simple-240 folder as a sub-folder of Themes.

It should like this: \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes\simple-240

Then you should be able to access it from the setting screen. Hope this solves your issue, let us know if you need more assistance.

EDIT: I just installed these!!! THANK YOU!!! This is awesome! Thank you for taking the time to do this and sharing it!
    Last edited by Pibe38; 10/02/2006 at 02:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Can someone post the link to download 2.5 weather panel? The official post to download has expired.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I got it right, guys, thanks to your help! Thanks so much again!
    I'm using this version:

http://www.marsware.net/WeatherPanel/download.htm

and it seems fine.

What's new about 2.5?
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpjk2000 View Post
    Can someone post the link to download 2.5 weather panel? The official post to download has expired.
    There's a download link (for version 2.5) in this thread on PPCGeeks (posted by Malatesta). It may still be working...
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    There's a download link (for version 2.5) in this thread on PPCGeeks (posted by Malatesta). It may still be working...
    I hate rapidshare so unless anyone has a problem with this, I am hosting it for a while here
    Thanks storyr! Your simple-240 theme rocks!
    Aaiiieeee.

I tried to install this again, and when I do a soft reset it just blows away too many things on the phone so that I need to do a hard reset.

Can someone please walk me through what they did to install this and does anyone with a 700wx have this successfully working ?

Here is what I did.

I moved the WeatherPanel-Trial.arm.CAB to my Treo 700wx and installed it.
    Once that was done I then went into configure it and add a city.
    I then copied over some of the themes and icons.
    Removed the 2 .ttf files.

It was working, but as soon as I do a soft reset, BANG, all gone. It doesn't even show that the weather plug in is installed
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Go to ahalvor post a few up and use his zip file. I'm on a 700w and it works fine. Can't tel lyou about the 700wx.

Greg
    Well, I re-tried this and although it looks a little more stable, it still erases my IMAP email configuration in Outlook I have no idea what the hell is going on. So, who has this working on a 700wx along with an IMAP email setup in Outlook ?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I don't have IMAP but I've had WP with no issues at all. I didn't erase the .ttf files since using other themes fixed the block text issue for me.

Don't know what to tell you, I did the same... moved the CAB to my SD card and installed on main memory from there.

Are you installing the themes and icons correctly? What version of WP are you using?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    dave,

that is so weird, and if I hadn't been privy to your other posts I would say user error!

Is it possible you are out of storage space?
    Are you installing this on the storage card or internal?
    can you try using a POP account and see what happens?

I have no clue what WP and Messaging have to do with anything, but this is truly a bizzare story!

Andy
    I know, I'm kind of at a loss here too !

I installed directly to internal memory and I've just done a hard reset, so there's nowt on the phone, well, nowt additional that is.

I'm running through some tests right now,which involves playing with the outlook settings and then doing soft resets.

For example, I just changed some settings in Outlook, like adding my SMTP server and then did a soft reset and guess what ? Those settings have gone. Even things like changing how many days to go back. It's all really, really bizarre.

I'm using the version that ahalvor is hosting, which I assume is 2.5. On my last install I didn't delete the 2 .ttf files since I am now using the other, simpler themes. I installed the icons by moving them over to the device and executing the cab file. The themes I just copied over to the themes directory, and it must be fine since I can see the icons and themes.

I'm scratching my head, literally and it's annoying as hell since I love this little weather display
    Ok, so perhaps I was doing a soft reset too soon after changing the settings in Outlook. This time around I changed some settings (added the SMTP server, changed how many days worth of email to show) and then waited a minute or so and then did a soft reset. This time no settings were lost. So perhaps this is just something I need to get used too with WM5. If I make any changes always give it a good minute or so before doing a soft reset.

So far I have done a few soft resets and email is staying put, which is good. Now I just need to go back and install everything I need back onto the phone
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Hope you figure it out.

Greg
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    Ok, so perhaps I was doing a soft reset too soon after changing the settings in Outlook. This time around I changed some settings (added the SMTP server, changed how many days worth of email to show) and then waited a minute or so and then did a soft reset. This time no settings were lost. So perhaps this is just something I need to get used too with WM5. If I make any changes always give it a good minute or so before doing a soft reset.

So far I have done a few soft resets and email is staying put, which is good. Now I just need to go back and install everything I need back onto the phone
    Now that you mention it, I think I have heard about letting changes 'soak' into the registry after they are done. It sounds weird, but it may be the solution.

Hope it gets solved!
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast