Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    So I downloaded Weather-To-Go to my phone and I love it!! However - now when I turn my phone on, there is a 5 second delay when I try to do something.. why is that? is it because I stored the program to my memory card? should I have installed it to my phone?
    Has anyone else noticed this?

I am in that same exact boat. I have a 700w (not sure which one you have). After installing the boot time doubled & the load time is that 5 second delay too.

I removed it & would like another small solution but I think today items on the 700w just dont really work to well.
    Yes, I am using the Treo 700w as well. did you have it installed to your device - or memory card?

Sucks because the program is exactly what I was looking for. anyone have any idea why its doing this?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    I simply went ahead and deleted the two .ttf files and the problem seems to have gone away.

Not sure if something else won't work not but I guess I'll see.
    this might be a stupid question. but how do you search for font files on the 700w? i tried searching for *.ttf and ttf files. but no files found.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I do know how to use the search feature.
    Didn't mean to imply you didn't; was just trying to help. Sorry if it came off that way.

Glad the issue was resolved.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    to make you feel better. when i soft reset my phone, it takes 5 second delay to book up back to the today screen and i'm using the weather panel.

Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    So I downloaded Weather-To-Go to my phone and I love it!! However - now when I turn my phone on, there is a 5 second delay when I try to do something.. why is that? is it because I stored the program to my memory card? should I have installed it to my phone?
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    this might be a stupid question. but how do you search for font files on the 700w? i tried searching for *.ttf and ttf files. but no files found.
    They are located in the DEAULT Themes folder inside the WEATHER PANEL directory.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I deleted the 2 font files and that fixed that block text issues, but now on todays hi/lo temperature disaplay, the high temp is missing.. I.E. --/6O.. I don't know what the issue is.. not quite sure how to edit themes or anything..

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    That's common for late in the day for today's temps
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    The link cody posted with the zip files for weatherpanel has expired. If possible can it be reuploaded? Or even emailed to me? Thanks in advance.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    how do you guys know which is font files? none of the files have extensions. is there a registry hack to show filename extensions?
    You have to set your PC to show extensions.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    You have to set your PC to show extensions.

can you please fill in me? what app would i need to show extension on my pc?
    thanks
    1. Double click your MY COMPUTER icon.
    2. CLICK to highlight your hard drive, probably C.
    3. Select TOOLS, then FOLDER OPTIONS (from the top menu bar)
    4. Choose the VIEW TAB.
    5. Scroll to HIDE EXTENSIONS FOR KNOWN FILES TYPES AND UNCHECK IT.
    6. Click OK.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    can you please fill in me? what app would i need to show extension on my pc?
    thanks
    Open any folder and hit the "tools" menu and choose "folder options". The hit the "view" tab. Then go down and uncheck the "hide extensions for known file types" option.

EDIT: Guess I type too slow lol

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    D'oh! I never realized that there was a mobile device on my computer. i was able to see all the file structure and all the extensions names. thanks again

BINGO! i connected my 700w and browse the directory thru mobile device on my computer. i found two fonts, Pixel.ttf and BRADHITC.TTF. i delete the pixel.ttf font first and called myself and i was getting the BRADHITC.ttf font. So, you do need to delete both fonts and you're set. thanks for everyone help in this post.
    Last edited by fondoo; 09/30/2006 at 07:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    What it is:

Simple-240 - An updated WeatherPanel theme to fit the Treo's 240x240 screen resolution. If you use the Default theme, then you've probably noticed some of the weather screens are too wide or long for the Treo's screen.

What's different about it:

Instead of designing a whole new them, I modified the Default theme files to fit the Treo 700 - while attempting to maintain the original look (which I prefer over the look of the Finis-240 theme).

How I did it:

I determined which files WeatherPanel was using to display the screens (both graphic and layout files). Next, I altered the graphic files the best I could - no flaming from graphics artists please! I then rearranged the layouts to fit.

What it contains:

It contains updated graphics and layout files, plus most of the Today screen layout files that have been posted in this thread by myself, Malatesta and Treonated.

How to install it:

Download the attached file and upzip it. Copy the Simple-240 folder (and files) to your device at \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes. Then enter the WeatherPanel setup and change the theme to Simple-240 and, select on of the Simple-240 layouts (if you want - any Default layout will work too).

UPDATE: Make sure you copy the Simple-240 folder "as is". Don't copy the files into the Defailt folder.

What it looks like:

Summary:

I'm going to go get a life now...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by storyr; 10/02/2006 at 06:16 PM.
    Nice storyr! gonna try it now.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Storyr, we all owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude for the work it took to get this looking so nice! Thanks so much! I did have one question; is there a button or spot on any of the today screen where we can choose to update, like there was in the default screens? No big deal of there is not, but I was justg wondering if that existed in any of the views. Again, you have done a fantastic job and these views look so much nicer on the 700W. Thanks so much!
    Wow, what a difference.

Thanks storyr.
    very nice storyr.

all you guys have just took this thread and ran with it. you took what i had for 8 months and totally brought it back to life. i haven't posted on this thread for a while but i had to now. you guys are awesome. good job

thanks, cody
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast