Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Kash, have you tried opening the .wpl files with a txt editor (even on your PPC, just use Word)?

Seriously, it's real easy to make modify these skins and it's fun to do it yourself so you can get it "just right". Just make a backup of the skin, compare to others and experiment. Trust me it's worth it!
    Yep, I've done that. A couple of pages back I told everyone how to get rid of the blocked text. Just been busy lately, hoping someone that had it fresh in their mind could give it a shot. If not, I will try in a few days.

Thanks Malatsta, you've done some nice work on this thread!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Yep, I've done that. A couple of pages back I told everyone how to get rid of the blocked text. Just been busy lately, hoping someone that had it fresh in their mind could give it a shot. If not, I will try in a few days.

Thanks Malatsta, you've done some nice work on this thread!
    Fully understandable. In fact it does become an issue when you spend hours of your life "perfecting" your weather app

I just don't want to discourage others from trying it themselves as modifying is real easy (creating from scratch? probably not so much! )

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    From scratch, that would be back in the days before a wife, kids, house, etc
    Kash76

Kash76, I was planning on messing around more over the weekend to try and add some of storyrís tricks like the mini icons for current conditions. If I get time, Iíll try to get rid of that top line.

I could use that too. Iím all in favor of trying anything to free up some precious real estate on those 240 x 240 screens.

And thanks for figuring out about removing the BRADHITC.ttf and Pixel.ttf files to fix that text-blocking problem Ė that was driving me nuts.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I'd like to try and modify one of the layouts and add the chance of rain to each day. I found the wording for it but not sure what the numbers all mean. I figure it's location but can somebody explain them so I have a better starting point?

This is from Default-Detailed.wpl.

;TEXT
    #RAIN#%
    107,72,35,8,C
    Tahoma,8,N,TODAY

Thanks

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    I'd like to try and modify one of the layouts and add the chance of rain to each day. I found the wording for it but not sure what the numbers all mean. I figure it's location but can somebody explain them so I have a better starting point?

This is from Default-Detailed.wpl.

;TEXT
    #RAIN#%
    107,72,35,8,C
    Tahoma,8,N,TODAY

Thanks

Greg
    I always forget these (especially jumping between the PhoneAlarm skins):

107 is the location horizontally: 0 = extreme left edge, 200 means extreme right.

C= Centered (L and R are other options)

I think the 35 is the Vertical position w/in the plugin and I forgot the other two

the "N" in Tahoma, 8, N is for "normal" font (BOLD is another option), the 8 there is the size of the font.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    You've opened a can of worms now! Soon you'll need a support forum for your WeatherPanel skins...

Here's the city section from the default "compact" skin:

;TEXT
    #CITY#
    22,0,W-44,11,L
    tahoma,11,BOLD,TODAY

I customized the defaut compact skin a little for my device. I now looks like this:

It's not much - I made the "now" icon smaller and added percent chance of rain. I don't need humidity - cause it's not an issue out here!
    How did you reduce the icon size? I'd like to do this on another skin.

Greg
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    How did you reduce the icon size? I'd like to do this on another skin.

Greg
    Nevermind, I found the ICON-MINI command. Unfortunately, I like the animated icons with it.

Greg
    Last edited by GregE; 09/29/2006 at 11:09 AM.
    Nevermind, I found the IMAGE-MINI command. Unfortunately, I look the animated icons with it.

Greg
    wait: so it works or not? I'm not sure what "look the animated icons with it" means but I assume from the preceeding adverb that it didn't work?

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Sorry about the typo. I fixed it above. The command worked but the mini icons weren't animated when I used them.

;IMAGE
    #ICON-MINI#

Greg
    Sorry about the typo. I fixed it above. The command worked but the mini icons weren't animated when I used them.

;IMAGE
    #ICON-MINI#

Greg
    gotcha.

I wonder if would be possible (though tedious unless you ran a batch command) to literally "shrink down" the animated icons to a smaller size, so they just load as smaller .gifs?

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Yeah I thought about that. Actually, that's what I thought storyr did at first. That's a little more than I want to get involved with plus they get pretty tiny.

Basically what I was trying to do was the same as storyr but have the chance of rain % showing for each day. I tried putting the high and low on one line (75/63) and then having the chance of rain below it but there isn't enough room between the forecast icons for it to fit unless I make the font very tiny. Then my 40+ eyes can't read it easily. I'll have to think about it some more.

Greg
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I always forget these (especially jumping between the PhoneAlarm skins):

107 is the location horizontally: 0 = extreme left edge, 200 means extreme right.

C= Centered (L and R are other options)

I think the 35 is the Vertical position w/in the plugin and I forgot the other two

the "N" in Tahoma, 8, N is for "normal" font (BOLD is another option), the 8 there is the size of the font.

Thanks for the tips!
    Kash76

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Attached are 2 different looks at my screen using wp. The links that were posted above have expired, if anyone one can direct me to them elseware that would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i've been installing everyones themes. thank again for posting them. but i'm still getting the blocky text when on incoming calls. what was the fix for this issue again? i read this post twice and i still cant get it fixed.
    I can not seem to set Weather Panel up in such a way so that I do not get the lousy text/font on the incoming call screen.

I've tried so many different theme combinations my head is spinning.

I've now got the normal text but with I theme I really don't want. I'm using the NEON theme, NEON FUSION.WPL Layout and the Yahoo Standard QVGA icons.

This does result in normal text on the incoming call screen but it's too much stuff for my today screen. I'd like to just use either a compact theme or mini theme.

Could somone please tell me how to do so and acheive the normal font?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Look on this thread, you need to either download the zip file to replace the default themes or edit them. The default themes have reference to 2 files: BRADHITC.ttf and Pixel.ttf on the default directory.

Start reading this thread from this post: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...52#post1091052 and you'll find the solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Look on this thread, you need to either download the zip file to replace the default themes or edit them. The default themes have reference to 2 files: BRADHITC.ttf and Pixel.ttf on the default directory.

Start reading this thread from this post: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...52#post1091052 and you'll find the solution.
    Phibe, thanks but I read that post and the others. I do know how to use the search feature.

I did install one of Malatesta's compact themes but it didn't solve the issue for me.

I also installed Kash76's re-done mini theme and again, no fix.

Maybe I'm not making the proper selections in Weather Panel?

Anyone?
    So I downloaded Weather-To-Go to my phone and I love it!! However - now when I turn my phone on, there is a 5 second delay when I try to do something.. why is that? is it because I stored the program to my memory card? should I have installed it to my phone?
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    I simply went ahead and deleted the two .ttf files and the problem seems to have gone away.

Not sure if something else won't work not but I guess I'll see.
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast