Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sjo99 View Post
    Malatesta:
    I love your screen! I finally figured out how to download everything & have mine setup like yours. Have a question though, you seem to be proficient in programming. Any chance that you could create a layout based on malatesta2 that pushes rain/humidity closer together to allow room for the city name on the second line? I travel between a few cities & would love to be able to enter additional cities but keep it to the 2-line size!
    Yeah, I can do that. I was thinking of adding City Name to a skin. As of right now, I dont know the code for City Name, so I'll I have to look it up but I should be able to put something together.

Also, I'm awful at programming but editing themes and skins is actually pretty easy once you figure out the parameters (I just edited a PhoneAlarm skin to fit my needs). No skill here.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Okay, upon request (and NO, I am not taking requests! This is an excpetion b/c I wanted it too! )

Here is my Malatesta 2 Theme modified: Malatesta City

New

- Removed Settings Icon (you'll have to set it through Today --> WP --> Options!) Sorry, had to save space somehow! Remember you can deactivate cities and set their rotation time all under your settings/advanced.

- Added "City" label/function

- Shrunk down and aligned font to fit everything

- Temperature is actually "Real Feel" temp

Just create a folder under Themes (call it whatever) and put the .wpl file into it, then select under your Themes option.

Note: Due to limited space, I suggest you keep your City names short e.g. I use NYC for New York, NY and Home for...well home! So keep it short to make sure it all fits on the 2nd line.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/27/2006 at 07:15 PM.

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah, I can do that. I was thinking of adding City Name to a skin. As of right now, I dont know the code for City Name, so I'll I have to look it up but I should be able to put something together.
    You've opened a can of worms now! Soon you'll need a support forum for your WeatherPanel skins...

Here's the city section from the default "compact" skin:

;TEXT
    #CITY#
    22,0,W-44,11,L
    tahoma,11,BOLD,TODAY

I customized the defaut compact skin a little for my device. I now looks like this:

It's not much - I made the "now" icon smaller and added percent chance of rain. I don't need humidity - cause it's not an issue out here!
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    You've opened a can of worms now! Soon you'll need a support forum for your WeatherPanel skins...

;TEXT
    #CITY#
    22,0,W-44,11,L
    tahoma,11,BOLD,TODAY

I customized the defaut compact skin a little for my device. I now looks like this:

It's not much - I made the "now" icon smaller and added percent chance of rain. I don't need humidity - cause it's not an issue out here!
    hehe...nice Storyr!

I have to admit, it is satisfying configuring it exactly like you wanted (like my above PA skin and how I removed my Start bar). WM5 rocks.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Malatesta: YOU ROCK! This is perfect and EXACTLY what I was looking for. THANK YOU for doing this.....
    One other thing. What can I do to get rid of the START line? Could use the real estate!
    yeh Malat how did you remove the top start bar? im assuming the "windows button stillbrings up the start menu?

also, i know phonealarm used to not register # of voicemails, is it still like that- it only shows 1voicemail no matter how mmany you have? do all the other indicaters register corrects numbers and such? Also i tried PA lite 1.54 and noticed the email icon only took me to outlook email but I use a gmail account, is there a way to change where the icon taek you?
    Geat work, all but I'm lost. I think it's time for someone in the know to post a fresh, step-by-step recipe on how to get the wx to look like those in posts 102/103. thanx in adavance!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjo99 View Post
    Malatesta: YOU ROCK! This is perfect and EXACTLY what I was looking for. THANK YOU for doing this.....
    One other thing. What can I do to get rid of the START line? Could use the real estate!
    Glad you like it. I'm using it myself.

Okay, for you and klurfdawg23, the program is called VJToggleToday II (alpha) and can be found HERE.

Now, from that you'll want to create a shortuct and use the command line: -config to enter the settings.

Once you do that, you'll want to shrink the start bar to 2 pixels.

I suggest you guys read HERE for more info and HERE for help on Command Lines.

And yes, when you hit the Start key, it'll still pop down.

Also, don't ask me too many questions on it...as I don't know. I just did what I wrote above!

EDIT: After you download the above .exe which just goes on your device, download and drop the attached link into the same directory.

BOTH .exe and .lnk MUST be in \Program Files!! Otherwise, make your own link.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/27/2006 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    also, i know phonealarm used to not register # of voicemails, is it still like that- it only shows 1voicemail no matter how mmany you have? do all the other indicaters register corrects numbers and such? Also i tried PA lite 1.54 and noticed the email icon only took me to outlook email but I use a gmail account, is there a way to change where the icon taek you?
    The Voicemail thing I think is still true. And I think it always will be due to how Sprint's VM works (it's all internal).

All the other counters do register correct numbers.

Not sure about taking you to the right account. It used to do that but I only use Push/Exchange now so can't verify. 1.55 beta 6 is out now and I do remember this topic being brought up. Not sure though if it was addressed.

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts

;TEXT
    #CITY#
    22,0,W-44,11,L
    tahoma,11,BOLD,TODAY

You're going to share aren't you? I am using the same skin and wouldn't mind using your mods if you wouldn't mind!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    You're going to share aren't you? I am using the same skin and wouldn't mind using your mods if you wouldn't mind!
    OK, here goes. I've attached a zip file with three layouts - all of which are slight modifications of the Default-Compact layout. To use, copy them to this directory on your device: \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes\Default

Default-Compact(rds1).wpl - Small "now" icon, plus chance of rain:

Default-Compact(rds2).wpl - Adds "short" date:

Default-Compact(rds3).wpl - Adds "long" date:

Note: The "long" date won't fit unless you change the format in your Regional settings to look like this:

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Woot thanks for the zip file with all the skins!!! Gotta go try now which one fits best! Just when I think I like my Today screen someone comes along and does this... between you and Malatesta I'll never be able to have a set Today screen
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Okay, upon request (and NO, I am not taking requests! This is an excpetion b/c I wanted it too! )

Here is my Malatesta 2 Theme modified: Malatesta City
    Thanks for the theme. It is perfect!
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    OK, here goes. I've attached a zip file with three layouts - all of which are slight modifications of the Default-Compact layout. To use, copy them to this directory on your device: \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes\Default

Note: The "long" date won't fit unless you change the format in your Regional settings to look like this:

Thanks man, I'll try them later today!
    Kash76

One other observation:

This resolves the BLOCK TEXT issue, too. Looks like the default ones, but it must be different enough.

Thanks so much.
    I made a few changes to the “Default-Compact.wpl” layout because I liked most of the info but I couldn’t see the current temp very well. I didn’t really care about the “feels like” temp and decided I could also live with just a two-day forecast instead of the three-day one you get normally with “Default-Compact.wpl” as it renders on the Treo.

So I pushed the forecast over to the right so only two days show up. Then I did away with the feels like temp and made the current temp larger. This way you see the forecast for today, the next two days and have a large current temp and current condition icon.

I made four slightly different versions...

CompactC.wpl >> large temp and shows city

CompactD.wpl >> large temp and shows date

CompactRC.wpl >> large temp and shows city plus chance of rain

CompactRD.wpl >> large temp and shows date plus chance of rain

Here’s a zip file with four versions of my modified layout…
    Quote Originally Posted by Treonated View Post
    I made a few changes to the “Default-Compact.wpl” layout because I liked most of the info but I couldn’t see the current temp very well. I didn’t really care about the “feels like” temp and decided I could also live with just a two-day forecast instead of the three-day one you get normally with “Default-Compact.wpl” as it renders on the Treo.

So I pushed the forecast over to the right so only two days show up. Then I did away with the feels like temp and made the current temp larger. This way you see the forecast for today, the next two days and have a large current temp and current condition icon.

Very nice. Thanks for posting these!

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treonated View Post

CompactC.wpl >> large temp and shows city

CompactD.wpl >> large temp and shows date

CompactRC.wpl >> large temp and shows city plus chance of rain

CompactRD.wpl >> large temp and shows date plus chance of rain

Hey Treonated, nice work. Since you have this down pretty good is there any chance you would be willing to remove the top line date, time and settings button to reduce the height and somehow position the settings and refresh to the left of the current temp?
    Kash76

Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Hey Treonated, nice work. Since you have this down pretty good is there any chance you would be willing to remove the top line date, time and settings button to reduce the height and somehow position the settings and refresh to the left of the current temp?
    Kash, have you tried opening the .wpl files with a txt editor (even on your PPC, just use Word)?

Seriously, it's real easy to make modify these skins and it's fun to do it yourself so you can get it "just right". Just make a backup of the skin, compare to others and experiment. Trust me it's worth it!

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I put the real feel temp back and removed some of the other stuff...this is simple like doing widgets for Konfabulator. Finally a platform retards can hack...and who knew it would be windows!

Andy