Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    SWEEEEEET! Nice stuff, storyr.

Oh hey... uh, storyr? Do you think you can throw together a 124 px layout for Mobile Shell'rs again like the first time?... It sure would be swell...
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbey View Post
    Storyr, are you still going to put up the 124 update for the new themes?
    OK guys.
    • The 124 pixel theme was already in PhatPhinger II.
    • PhatPhinger III has different graphics - it now has a new 116 pixel theme for all devices: Phat(240x240)+116 / Phat(240x320)+116

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Storyr, you're killing me with all of these themes!

I'm digging the PhatFinger III...very slick and clear
    Thanks Mal. Off topic: You're doing a great job on WMExperts...
    Many thanks, storyr - we appreciate every bit you do for all us "difficult" types
    END OF LINE
    ooooo that's ilauncher and what's that program you have for the calendar??
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmidnight View Post
    Thats pretty cool actually can you make it even smaller?
    Treo 700wx. My first PDA Smartphone Windows Mobile thing. (Seriously, all this crap is confusing. My device and I currently have a love-hate relationship.)
    High Maintenance, Blonde, and I obsess if Mr. Treo is not working, until I fix it. :P.. unlucky for you.
    Is there a tutorial on how to install the weather app? I am not very good with installing things and am just looking for a basic thing that shows a 3 or 5 day forecast. Thanks if anyone wants to help
    Start here to get files.
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9608

Then copy the WP.cab to your PPC and use a file explorer to find where you copied it to....then click on it to activate it and install it.

Many of the themes are cab files as well. And you can do the same thing, copy them to ppc and click on to install.

If theme is not cab install copy the theme folder contents to your marsware program folder, for me its "My Device/Program Files/Marsware/Weatherpanel/Themes ....place icons in the icons folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by mturner2 View Post
    Is there a tutorial on how to install the weather app? I am not very good with installing things and am just looking for a basic thing that shows a 3 or 5 day forecast. Thanks if anyone wants to help
    WeatherPanel is not simple, imo.

If you want simple get SPB's weather program or for something that's a more powerful SBSH's pocketweather. Both are easier to use and setup, imo than marsware's weather panel.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    My weatherpanel resets itself periodically- and displays a 5-day forecast OVER my current temp and 3-day forecast. I have to update it in order to clear it, just for it to mess up again in 1/2 hour or so. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Did they ever get WP fixed after the new year bug? The graphing functions weren't working...

I've sense switched back to SBSH weather. New version just came out. Lots of really cool skins, and fairly easy to customize, design your own layouts.

drew
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhibert View Post
    My weatherpanel resets itself periodically- and displays a 5-day forecast OVER my current temp and 3-day forecast. I have to update it in order to clear it, just for it to mess up again in 1/2 hour or so. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Is your WP installed on your PPC or on your card? Since it is a today pluggin, it should be installed in on your PPC.

For all others, use the cab files found in my post above. My WP works perfect. I don't see what people see is so hard to WP. Install WP on PPC, install themes from cabs (if available) or unzip theme and icon files into your PPC/Program Files/Marsware/Themes or /Icons folder.

Open WP settings, search for your city, choose your icons, choose your theme, choose your layout. Done.

I must admit SBSH Pocket Weather is looking much better. I've tried it...and it is good. But I'm so used to WP, I'm not jumping ship just yet. I like the detail views and graph views better in WP. I'm certain PocketWeather will catch up sometime soon. But not yet for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    Is your WP installed on your PPC or on your card? Since it is a today pluggin, it should be installed in on your PPC.

For all others, use the cab files found in my post above. My WP works perfect. I don't see what people see is so hard to WP. Install WP on PPC, install themes from cabs (if available) or unzip theme and icon files into your PPC/Program Files/Marsware/Themes or /Icons folder.

Open WP settings, search for your city, choose your icons, choose your theme, choose your layout. Done.

I must admit SBSH Pocket Weather is looking much better. I've tried it...and it is good. But I'm so used to WP, I'm not jumping ship just yet. I like the detail views and graph views better in WP. I'm certain PocketWeather will catch up sometime soon. But not yet for me.
    It's installed on my PPC, and it worked just fine for two months or so, it's only in the last month that it has started acting funky. Had no problems with the install. Maybe I should un-and-re install it?
    Just installed on my 700WX. Works great. Thanks.
    Please note that if you're listening to my advice, you should have your head examined. Doing as I say could lead to mental illness, injury, or even death.
    It couldn't hurt to uninstall and reinstall, be sure to save your radars.txt file if you customized it.

I've also noticed as I travel and add cities and remove cities the data for those cities don't always get deleted. Check in the Data folder and remove any data files for those zip codes you are not using anymore. You could move them to a folder on your storage card if you are not sure about screwing things up. And copy it back if you need to. But I routinely go in there and remove data for old zip codes.
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Did they ever get WP fixed after the new year bug? The graphing functions weren't working...

I've sense switched back to SBSH weather. New version just came out. Lots of really cool skins, and fairly easy to customize, design your own layouts.

drew

Between this forum, WeatherPanel.net and PPCGeeks they did get the moon phase and the 24hour data bug fixed for Weather Panel.

I travel all over the country for business and have many cities loaded on weather panel. Works like a charm now. I'll see if I can dig up the links and edit this post.

2008 bug fix thread... http://pixel.dnsalias.net/weatherpan...a5c23e5498f6d0

moon phase thread... http://pixel.dnsalias.net/weatherpan...a5c23e5498f6d0
    Last edited by Sequel333; 01/20/2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: adding links
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041