Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041 LastLast
    is there any appliation that can monitor temperatures on the 700wx? I have found a few for the 700p but not really anything for the wx. i was wondering if the infared beam can be used as a probe similar to a laser digital thermometer.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Update: This layout has been added to the main theme, available here
    I have downloaded this a few times - and I am getting an error that the file is invalid... can't unrar it. Anybody else? If not, can you send me a copy?
    thanks.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    great thread. I'm a new treo 750 user (over from 8125) and am having the "dreaded font issue" discussed much earlier in this thread, and not just with weatherpanel (it happened exactly as described above I believe by spiritjunkie?) but apparently with about any odd font that gets uploaded. So far this is the only discussion of the issue I can find, so (without wanting to take this off topic):

can anyone by chance point me toward info a systemic solution or the root cause?? I can't quite fathom why the device would do this: grab odd fonts and deploy them in the phone app.

------------------
    storyr: another truly fabulous weatherpanel theme. irony of ironies: I had requested the son of commuter mod you just uploaded for PB side tabs, and now that you put it up I've switched to square screen treo! I expect many others will greatly appreciate, though.....
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smb2056 View Post
    great thread. I'm a new treo 750 user (over from 8125) and am having the "dreaded font issue" discussed much earlier in this thread, and not just with weatherpanel (it happened exactly as described above I believe by spiritjunkie?) but apparently with about any odd font that gets uploaded. So far this is the only discussion of the issue I can find, so (without wanting to take this off topic):

can anyone by chance point me toward info a systemic solution or the root cause?? I can't quite fathom why the device would do this: grab odd fonts and deploy them in the phone app.
    The fix, which I assume you found, is to delete the files BRADHITC.ttf and Pixel.ttf from the MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes\Default folder. I haven't heard a definitive answer as to why these screw up the Treo...

storyr: another truly fabulous weatherpanel theme. irony of ironies: I had requested the son of commuter mod you just uploaded for PB side tabs, and now that you put it up I've switched to square screen treo! I expect many others will greatly appreciate, though.....
    Thanks. Sorry it took me so long...
    not in the least, storyr. A million thanks for all your good work and for sharing such beautiful themes.

the font thing seems very strange to me. on my new treo, I just loaded a couple fonts into "Windows/fonts", like porky's, for whatever miscellaneous use, and they immediately start deploying for some reason in certain parts of the phone app windows. For now I guess I just can't add any fonts to the system until I find a solution.

Hey Storyr, I just got a new I760 and was looking for the 320x240 versions of these. Is there one spot? I searched ppcgeeks and I can only find the 240x240.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Hey Storyr, I just got a new I760 and was looking for the 320x240 versions of these. Is there one spot? I searched ppcgeeks and I can only find the 240x240.
    They'll all work fine you your new device - some of the pop-ups may be a little short. PhatPhinger will take full advantage of your new size, as will Energy (I think). Also, check here for more...
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

UPDATE 10/21/2007: Added two new PhatPhinger themes:

PhatPhinger II QVGA

• PhatPhinger II has reformatted layouts to work with any "normal" weather icon set (other than Yahoo). PhatPhinger II does have one requirement: There must be HUGE icons in the set (128x128). All of the icons seen below can be found here.

PhatPhinger III QVGA

• PhatPhinger III has an "HTC Touch" style - thanks to member poorlyduck, who provided the graphics. It also will work with any icon set, provided there are HUGE icons in the set (128x128).

-

Get the new PhatPhinger themes HERE or HERE...
    SWEEEEEET! Nice stuff, storyr.

Oh hey... uh, storyr? Do you think you can throw together a 124 px layout for Mobile Shell'rs again like the first time?... It sure would be swell...
    Last edited by Alienwhere; 10/22/2007 at 11:34 AM.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Another awesome layout. I do know which one to use so I rotate.
    I think this has truly become an affliction.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    SWEEEEEET! Nice stuff, storyr.

Oh hey... uh, storyr? Do you think you can throw together a 124 px layout for Mobile Shell'rs again like the first time?... It sure would be swell...
    Sorry - I didnt think anyone was using that one. Sure, I'll try to add it tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    Another awesome layout. I do know which one to use so I rotate.
    I think this has truly become an affliction.
    Hey thanks. Who's has the affliction - you or me?
    Sorry - I didnt think anyone was using that one. Sure, I'll try to add it tonight...
    Thanks - you rock... yeah, I've been using PhatPhinger with the 124 px layout within MS and it's great... I want to try the new themes and see how they look too.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Storyr, are you still going to put up the 124 update for the new themes?

Hey thanks. Who's has the affliction - you or me?
    Clearly it's you. You're like a drug dealer for these guys.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Thanks - you rock... yeah, I've been using PhatPhinger with the 124 px layout within MS and it's great... I want to try the new themes and see how they look too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbey View Post
    Storyr, are you still going to put up the 124 update for the new themes?
    Sorry - I didn't have time last night - should be tonight...
    Hey no sweat - yr doing us a favor - whenever you do it is fine with me.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Exactly, your doing us a favor. I was checking to see if you were still doing it. THANKS A TON>
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    not in the least, storyr. A million thanks for all your good work and for sharing such beautiful themes.

the font thing seems very strange to me. on my new treo, I just loaded a couple fonts into "Windows/fonts", like porky's, for whatever miscellaneous use, and they immediately start deploying for some reason in certain parts of the phone app windows. For now I guess I just can't add any fonts to the system until I find a solution.
    I found an explanation as to why this happens here.

Many users have noted that when installing the digital font that comes with Touch skin that it is then used by default in many other applications. Solution seems to be to rename the font to "z_Digi.ttf" and copy it to Windows folder.

When a font is not explicitly requested (by an application) - windows looks for the first available, so renaming it to "z..." will allow Tahoma to remain as default font. You'll need to soft-reset after renaming the font...
    Good to know...
    Storyr, you're killing me with all of these themes!

I'm digging the PhatFinger III...very slick and clear

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Bump