Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Theme: simplethemes
    Layout: Simple3.wpl
    Icon Set: Nova icons
    I found everything in my settings but simplethemes. all i have is defoult and finished 240.
    Dunno. Guess I'm lucky? lol

You are using version 2.5 of weatherpanel, right?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    yeap, from the zip that coddy post it.
    To get the simple theme up and running I had to create a directory under themes called simple and move the simple files in there, then it works.

Apart from that it's just the chunky text that's doing me now.

No idea what's causing that but it appears I am not the only person.

Oh yes, I have WA2 installed, anyone else who has the chunky text have this installed too ?
    Thanks to Cody and Hamsup I was able to build off their advice and skins to create the ultimate, crazy simple weather plugin:

It displays current Temp and Chance of Rain. Single line. That's it!

So I'm posting in case anyone wants it.

Just create a folder under \Themes in your Marsware directory, call it Malatesta or anything, I don't think it matters. Enjoy.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/21/2006 at 11:11 PM.

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    So No one has come up with a fix for the chunky text on the call screen?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Well, not sure if this is the weather program or not, but last night I did a soft reset and when it came back on it was almost like the first time the phone is turned on, had to go through screen recalibration. It lost all my setting, etc. Had to do a hard reset. Tried again this morning and same thing Each time I was moving all the stuff in the zip file over to the 700wx. I gave it one last try and have only installed the default theme and the nova icons. I'm going to see how stable this is over the next day or 2, but anymore problems and it'll be coming off for good.

Still have the chunky text here too
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I took it off my 700w. I liked seeing the current temp but didn't like the font changes it caused. I also missed the actual text written weather forcast. I guess I will use Weather To Go for now.

Greg
    Well, I just did another hot sync and it takes quite a while to come back. When the today screen comes up initially it is blank and the 2 soft buttons at the bottom are phone on the left and contacts on the right. I also lost my Outlook settings AGAIN !!!

I like this weather add in, but seems that it's unstable on the 700wx so I'm afraid it's going to be another hard reset The thing that I am really hating about the sync on WM5 devices is that it's a lot more work than on the Palm devices. Guess I need to get a memory card and start backing up !
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Okay, I'm sold. This is exactly what I was looking for (wish it took up less storage space, but oh well).

Thanks codyppc for making this so easy and painfree!

Here's me now:

Damn that sun is so freakin' happy looking...

How much memory does this use? My 700w is a little light on ram.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    How much memory does this use? My 700w is a little light on ram.
    I think maybe 2mb. Then I UPX'd some of the files and removed any themes and icons I didn't want (except for default) to save space.

are we talking ram or storage space? I was thinking more about ram & having it on the today page.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    are we talking ram or storage space? I was thinking more about ram & having it on the today page.
    gotcha, my bad. As far as RAM, not too sure but I'll say with my theme, not very much.

Put it another way, what you see on my screen along with Outlook and PIE open I have about 32mb of Ram/Program memory left.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
    So No one has come up with a fix for the chunky text on the call screen?
    I uninstalled it and re-installed Cody's version and mine is fine now. I had a previous version on there from their website and it seems that caused the problem...no problems now!
    I get the same odd fonts also when I am in a call.
    ???? I love the app though.
    Here's a 2nd theme that I modified (this is fun!). This one is two lines and keeps the icon.

Malatesta2 <--feel free to change name!

L1: Full date line
    L2: "Real Feel" Temperature, Chance of Rain and Humidity. + ICON

Enjoy.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/23/2006 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Here's a 2nd theme that I modified (this is fun!). This one is two lines and keeps the icon.

Malatesta2 <--feel free to change name!

L1: Full date line
    L2: "Real Feel" Temperature, Chance of Rain and Humidity. + ICON

Enjoy.

Thats awesome.

Everytime I see your pretty screens I get mad there really no good way to remove the wireless provider line. Palm, what were you thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Thats awesome.

Everytime I see your pretty screens I get mad there really no good way to remove the wireless provider line. Palm, what were you thinking?
    agreed though I've managed to get use to it, which is surpring.

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    ROLF, I installed a Matrix-looking theme and also WP2 and I thought the block text was because of the theme and not because of WP2. From what I've read, people who installed the CAB didn't get the problem... I don't know if everyone who was the block text issue installed with the EXE installer. I did... I'll uninstall and re-install through the CAB later and will report...
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I think that I used the cab.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast