Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 LastLast
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    Cool, thanks storyr. Does your Wp-Pilot plugin work with the other skins, or does it only operate on the skins you've created?
    WP-Pilot will work with any WeatherPanel theme. BUT, it doesn't work with PocketBreeze

PocketBreeze allows only one plug-in per tab, and WP-Pilot must be situated next to WeatherPanel to work properly.
    Haven't read the entire thread but SPB weather has temps below the little sun or cloud. I have it installed on my 700wx. and really like it.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Folks, thanks so much for creating that commuter layout; I have just added several traffic cams and find its functionality fantastic!

I was wondering if anyone had any sources for radar images that might have better resolution that those that come with weather panel; I live in the Houston, TX area and would like to see a more clear satellite image, if possible. Thanks so much in advance!
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon View Post
    Folks, thanks so much for creating that commuter layout; I have just added several traffic cams and find its functionality fantastic!

I was wondering if anyone had any sources for radar images that might have better resolution that those that come with weather panel; I live in the Houston, TX area and would like to see a more clear satellite image, if possible. Thanks so much in advance!
    I've found that a good source is the web sites of your local TV stations. They usually have local radar images (dopler and the like) on their weather pages...
    storyr-

is there a way to make the traffic/weather images cycle?

awesome theme, btw, my favorite to date...

thanks,
    adam
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alightfoot View Post
    storyr-

is there a way to make the traffic/weather images cycle?

awesome theme, btw, my favorite to date...

thanks,
    adam
    Thanks! WeatherPanel can automatically cycle cities, but not radar images specifically. I tried adding the same city multiple times (to get the effect you want), but it looks like WeatherPanel won't let you do that.

The other option I can think of would be to write a MortScript script to operate the layout as you want...
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Thanks! WeatherPanel can automatically cycle cities, but not radar images specifically. I tried adding the same city multiple times (to get the effect you want), but it looks like WeatherPanel won't let you do that.

The other option I can think of would be to write a MortScript script to operate the layout as you want...
    Ok, I'll take a look at that. I have yet to delve into MortScript, but maybe this is time.

Thanks again,
    Adam
    I just love this version, but I'm having one small problem: the forecast page, which is divided between the day, evening, and moon phase has been giving me gibberish for the moon phase.

Every day this coming week reads: "The phase of the moon will be [blank] with -2238248% of the moon's physical disk illuminated". So the text for the phase name is missing, and there's no icon visible to the left. The icons do appear, however, for the day and evening forecasts. I've been looking at the forecasts for zipcodes 10021 and 10533 (NYC and Westchester).

I just added Tacoma, WA, and this forecast includes an icon, but it's the same for every day this coming week: "The phase of the moon will be Waning Crescent with 0% of the moon's visible disk illuminated."

Is this likely a server issue, a Weather Panel problem, or a bug in Commuter-240?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    That's actually an issue with the WeatherPanel.DLL file that bascially 'expired' at the end of 2006.

However, our good friend storyr, found a solution... find it HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    That's actually an issue with the WeatherPanel.DLL file that bascially 'expired' at the end of 2006.

However, our good friend storyr, found a solution... find it HERE
    I really appreciate your quick reply! I totally spaced on this one-- I had to do a restore from a backup created in 2006.
    The default radar urls have been down, at least in NY. Can someone please recommend their favorite alternative for radar images?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post

I have WP pilot with the Chameleon theme, but I am missing the left and right arrows on the bar as is the person above. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dok_indo View Post
    I have WP pilot with the Chameleon theme, but I am missing the left and right arrows on the bar as is the person above. Any ideas?
    See this post...
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    See this post...
    Thanks! I was accessing the WeatherPanel options from the Menu/Preferences/Today Settings - doing it this way does not display the scroll bar and you can't see the choice for the arrows. But for some reason accessing it the other way works...Thanks again.
    I'm playing around with Sbp Weather and Weather Panel. I like Sbp Weather, becuase of it's 1 hand operation. Plus when I look at a specific day, the bottom of the screen will show me the time of the last update.

I like Weather Panel, because it's appearance in the today screen appears to be allot more customizable. The only con is not being able to access the other screens, via 1 hand operation. Also, I don't see any information as far as when was the last updated performed.
    Try WP-Pilot for your one-handed operational needs... it's free, and it's AWESOME... look a few pages back for the download.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Sorry for this.. however, I'm new to this and not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I downloaded the zip file from codyppc (#23) which was from the link to ppcgeeks. The zip file I downloaded was posted by Malatesta. I copied the .cab file to my storage card and ran it through my treo.

Everything is fine with WP itself, however, what I've been trying to find is the following:

) In my: \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes... there is only (1) one folder.. "default". I do not see any other folders. I've tried uninstall and reinstall numerous times and I never see any other folders.

2) In cody's post (#23), he indicates that in the zip file it has:
    a) main program (i did get this .cab file)
    b) 2 different animated icon sets (.cab file I DID NOT GET)
    c) 2 different themes modified to fit 240x240 (I DID NOT GET THIS EITHER)
    d) 3 simple today pluging - one liners (I DID NOT GET THIS EITHER)

I got the .cab file for WP trial... where do I find the rest?

My main goal is to fix the "BLOCK" fonts when send and receive calls. I tried deleting the (2) two .ttf files, but when I did this, no numbers showed up when I received or placed calls.

Any help is extremely appreciated!!!
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    WeatherPanel seems to be dead on this forum - here's something new:

Son-of-Commuter-240-QVGA

What it is:

Based on Commuter-240-QVGA (available here) - a WeatherPanel theme built with the car commuter in mind - and particularly, Palm Treo 700 users (or 240x240 screens in general) running SPB Mobile Shell.

It's "clear" (blends in with any Today theme), and it's taller than Commuter-240, showing an additional four-day forecast.

Features:
    • Elegant, uncluttered display
    • Quick access to multiple traffic cameras
    • Pop-up windows with large button bar for easy "touch" selection
    • Enhanced "24 Hour Combined Temp./Precipitation" chart
    • Three customized icons sets (Yahoo, Dedication 4.1, SPIL) included (as .cab files - for easy installation to storage card)

Get it HERE

How to install it:

Download the attached file and unzip it. Copy the Stealth-240 folder (and files) to your device at \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes (Note: there's a readme file in the zip with more detailed instructions). Then enter the WeatherPanel setup and change the theme to Stealth-240 and, select one of the Stealth layouts,

What it looks like:

Malatesta popup combo_2.wpl layout on both a light and dark Today theme. As you can see, it disappears on the black theme (still looks good though):

-

I added little “stealth” icons to perform the pop-up functions. Here’s a legend:

1. Hidden settings button
    2. Change city (up)
    3. Change city (down)
    4. Information icon – forecast pop-up
    5. Graph icon – graphs pop-up
    6. Radar icon – radar pop-up
    7. Refresh

Other updated layouts include Stealth and Stealth 4cast:

When you click on the date, it cycles through other variations:

-

This layout is included in Stealth 4cast (for those with REALLY good eyes):

Pics of the improved pop-up windows on the next post...
    Why won't this theme work for me? I have installed according to the instructions but the pop-up theme isn't formatted properly for the screen. The letters are cut off and there are now left/right arrows.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    Why won't this theme work for me? I have installed according to the instructions but the pop-up theme isn't formatted properly for the screen. The letters are cut off and there are now left/right arrows.
    If you can post a screen shot, it would be most helpfull.