Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 813
  1. storyr's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    #681  
    Announcing:

    Commuter-240-QVGA



    What it is:

    A WeatherPanel theme built with the car commuter in mind. Provides current weather conditions at a glance, plus quick access to multiple traffic camera images (or any kind of image, for that matter)
    to help keep on top of the traffic jams.

    Features:
    • Elegant, uncluttered display
    • Built for easy one-handed operation with WP-Pilot
    • Quick access to multiple traffic cameras
    • New technology: Shows the ACTUAL Moon Phase on the night icons
    • Pop-up windows with large button bar for easy "touch" selection
    • Enhanced "24 Hour Combined Temp./Precipation" chart
    • Supports 240x240 and 240x320 devices, in both portrait and landscape orientation
    • Layouts come in dark (black) or light (silver)
    • .Cab files included for easy installation to storage card



    Note: This theme MUST be used with the Commuter-240-QVGA Icon set. It will not work correctly with other icon sets.

    Installation
    • Installation instructsions can be found in the Commuter-240-QVGA Readme file.
    • Installation options include manual installation via ZIP file, or a CAB file install (to facilitate installation to your storage card - the icon set is kind of big). I recommend installing the theme to your device's main memory, though.
    Acknoweldgements
    • Thanks to Doreen who's wonderful Vista Alive theme for WAD was the inspiration for Commuter-240's sidebar. The Vista Alive theme can be found here.
    • Thanks to xcilion who's Vista Portable Edition theme for WA2 (available here) was the inspiration for the overall look of Commuter-240. Some of Commuter-240's graphics were sampled from Vista PE.
    • Thanks to CodyPPC who beta tested the theme and offered some excellent suggestions for improvement.


    Get it HERE (you'll need to be a registed PPCGeeks user)
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. #682  
    it's about time story. lol. looks good

    thanks, cody
  3. storyr's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    #683  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    it's about time story. lol. looks good

    thanks, cody
    Yea - I've been a little busy... Thanks again for your help.

    You may have noticed that I added the precipitation scale to the combined graph - per your suggestion...
  4. #684  
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Yea - I've been a little busy... Thanks again for your help.

    You may have noticed that I added the precipitation scale to the combined graph - per your suggestion...
    thank you
  5. #685  
    You don't sit still, do you?! Every release adds more and cleaner functionality-- I just love it!

    How can I add traffic images? The default is my local (NY) radar image.
  6. storyr's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    #686  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    You don't sit still, do you?! Every release adds more and cleaner functionality-- I just love it!

    How can I add traffic images? The default is my local (NY) radar image.
    I wrote a tutorial for adding images that you can download here.

    I would attached these files here, but they're too big and exceed the maximum for this site...
  7. #687  
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    I wrote a tutorial for adding images that you can download here.

    I would attached these files here, but they're too big and exceed the maximum for this site...
    My bad-- I should have read further along in your thread on PPCGeeks.

    I'm having trouble scoping out traffic sites for NYC-- the Dept of Transportation has a site, but the cams are java applets. If anyone has some favorite sites for the commute to Manhattan (from Westchester), I'd very much like to know.
  8. #688  
    storyr.

    First off, excellent job again. It's a great looking theme. As you predicted it does resize itself perfectly when inserted as a custom tab in Pocket Breeze.

    A few issues I seem to be having, all minor.

    1. It seems all the traffic cameras in my area are ftp links not http. Example:

    ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/dis...am/camera4.jpg

    When I place that link as an image I don't see the picture. Thoughts?

    2. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that WP Pilot works when Weather Panel is in a Pocket Breeze tab. I guess it has to be activated on its own on the Today screen? I get the message "Weather Panel not found" when I have it installed and try to use in when WP's in Pocket Breeze.

    3. Is there supposed to be only one "weather details" graphic on the main display? The large icons are awesome looking. But for example right now all I see is a cloud with rain. When or where would I see the moon information?
    I'm running my next marathon for charity.

    Click here and help me by donating online.
  9. #689  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    storyr.


    1. It seems all the traffic cameras in my area are ftp links not http. Example:

    ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/dis...am/camera4.jpg

    When I place that link as an image I don't see the picture. Thoughts?
    Try traffic.com-- the cams worked like a charm for me (NY).
  10. #690  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Try traffic.com-- the cams worked like a charm for me (NY).
    They don't have any traffic cameras listed under Philadelphia.
    I'm running my next marathon for charity.

    Click here and help me by donating online.
  11. storyr's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    #691  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    storyr.

    First off, excellent job again. It's a great looking theme. As you predicted it does resize itself perfectly when inserted as a custom tab in Pocket Breeze.

    A few issues I seem to be having, all minor.

    1. It seems all the traffic cameras in my area are ftp links not http. Example:

    ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/dis...am/camera4.jpg

    When I place that link as an image I don't see the picture. Thoughts?

    2. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that WP Pilot works when Weather Panel is in a Pocket Breeze tab. I guess it has to be activated on its own on the Today screen? I get the message "Weather Panel not found" when I have it installed and try to use in when WP's in Pocket Breeze.

    3. Is there supposed to be only one "weather details" graphic on the main display? The large icons are awesome looking. But for example right now all I see is a cloud with rain. When or where would I see the moon information?
    1. Interesting. It appears WeatherPanel cannot access ftp sites. Bummer man. Perhaps some protocol experts may know of a way to get around this.

    2. WP-Pilot, which is a plug-in itself, must be selected to work. That's why it needs to be positioned directly above or below WeatherPanel to work properly. Since PocketBreeze only allows one plug-in per tab, it's difficult to make it work there. Also, make sure your running the latest version (2.0) of WP-Pilot. If you can get it the focus, it should be able to find WeatherPanel (version 1.0 only worked if WP was on the Windows Today screen).

    3. The "new technology" of showing the actual moon phase with the icons only activates for certain weather conditions - conditions where the moon would normally be visible. The regular icons work this way too, but they always show a full moon. So, basically, if it's cloudy or raining - the moon won't show.

    Hope that helps!
  12. storyr's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    #692  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    ...
    BTW, nice night you're having...

  13. #693  
    Thanks.

    I'm going to continue using the new skin regardless. But it doesn't look like WP Pilot 2.0 will work in PB.
    I'm running my next marathon for charity.

    Click here and help me by donating online.
  14. #694  
    I mentioned this issue over at PPCGeeks too about WP Pilot and PB. Oh well, no big deal. Once again though, great work Story!
  15. #695  
    Another awesome layout, storyr! Thanks!
    END OF LINE
  16. #696  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    They don't have any traffic cameras listed under Philadelphia.
    Try this one! http://www.weatherbonk.com/weather/s...WeatherRequest
  17. #697  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Thanks!

    I was able to find two camera there that are useful.
    I'm running my next marathon for charity.

    Click here and help me by donating online.
  18. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #698  
    I'm a little late to the Weather Panel party, but after reading through most of this thread I've got it installed and am testing out both the chameleon and commuter skins - very cool!

    However, for those of us who use PocketBreeze and effectively have WP in its own tab (giving us an entire screen's worth of available real estate), is there a skin out there that might be better? In other words, almost like a "full screen" skin?
  19. storyr's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    #699  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    I'm a little late to the Weather Panel party, but after reading through most of this thread I've got it installed and am testing out both the chameleon and commuter skins - very cool!

    However, for those of us who use PocketBreeze and effectively have WP in its own tab (giving us an entire screen's worth of available real estate), is there a skin out there that might be better? In other words, almost like a "full screen" skin?
    Some of the default themes do that. Also, there's a bunch here...
  20. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #700  
    Cool, thanks storyr. Does your Wp-Pilot plugin work with the other skins, or does it only operate on the skins you've created?

Posting Permissions