Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob View Post
    I just came across this thread today looking for stuff to add to my 1 week old Treo 700wx. It's taking me the whole morning to go through this thread.

Storyr, you are the greatest- thanx for your work and patience.

Do you take donations?
    Hey scoob - thanks for the kind words. There's a lot of WeatherPanel freaks like me around, and we're going to keep this baby running until something better comes out!

I don't take donations, but you can donate to the community by posting your screen shots after getting your baby set up...
    Another question...why does my High Temp show -- for today? I noticed in some of the screenshots that this was showing on other Treos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner_Boyle View Post
    Another question...why does my High Temp show -- for today? I noticed in some of the screenshots that this was showing on other Treos.

I thnk it means You are in a section of the world where you have already reached your high for the day and it's only gonna get colder.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    how do I get rid of the leading 0 in the time field.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remlle View Post
    how do I get rid of the leading 0 in the time field.
    You need to change your regional settings to something like h:mm:ss tt. Go to Start - Settings - System - Regional Settings. Tap the Time tab and change it there under Time Style.

Greg
    Storyr- cameleon is great.

I have a suggestion- have you thought about making a "back" key for the layout toggle so you can go forwards/backwards on the different layouts? I guess you could even exchange the current layout toggle with the city back/forward- unless there are some power users or world travelers out there...

Anyway, just my $.02

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    worked like a charm
    thanks greg. I had never messed with that setting thanks a lot.
    storyr,

I love tabs 240. The best yet!!!

I am trying to modify the TabsSmaller(clear2) layout and replace the graph with radar. I tried just copying a couple radar elements of tabssmall.wpl and replace graphs in TabsSmaller(clear2). It worked until i hit radar and then it switched back to tabssmall. Can you give me some advice to just replace the graph tab with the radar tab?

Thanks,
    Last edited by zhzaen; 01/19/2007 at 11:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zhzaen View Post
    storyr,

I love tabs 240. The best yet!!!

I am trying to modify the TabsSmaller(clear2) layout and replace the graph with radar. I tried just copying a couple radar elements of tabssmall.wpl and replace graphs in TabsSmaller(clear2). It worked until i hit radar and then it switched back to tabssmall. Can you give me some advice to just replace the graph tab with the radar tab?
    For TabsSmaller(clear2), the Graphs tab is pointing to the SGRAPHS-c2.wpx layout, so that's the file you need to edit. Change:
    Code:
    -------------------------------------

;FORECAST-0

;TEXT
    #VOID# 
    6,34,30,8,C
    Tahoma,8,NORMAL,255-255-255

;GRAPH
    COMBINED LINE HOURLY LIMIT-24 TEMP COL1-255-155-40 COL2-255-0-0 COL3-0-0-255 COL4-0-255-255
    0,12,W-16,46

-;DRAW
    LINE BRUSHCOLOR-255-255-255 PENCOLOR-75-75-75 WIDTH-0
    20,23,W-36,1
    to something like:
    Code:

;IMAGE
    #RADAR#
    1,13,W-2,H-14
    You'll have to play with the positioning to get it just right...
    you rock!!! Thanks!!!
    I use PocketWeather inside a PocketBreeze tab. I have it set to update when connected to Activesync between 9AM to 6PM daily, every 2 hrs. I am using WillyG's icons for the Today Screen and Weather Console.

What kind of animation icons are you using in this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    What it is:

Tabs-240 - An updated WeatherPanel theme to fit the Treo's 240x240 screen resolution. This one is based on a theme called TABS, developed by Ken of WeatherPanel.net fame. Here is a link to the original theme.

What's different about it:

1. I added two new Today theme files (based on TabsSmall theme already part of the package): TabsSmaller(black).wpl and TabsSmaller(clear).wpl. I compacted them as much as I could (60 pixel height), and improved the "tab" drawing. I also removed the radar tab - there just isn't room to show graphics here.

What makes these different is they each have "tabs" - you can change the Today plug-in display just by clicking on them. The Graphs tab shows a 24 hourly view of temperature, humidity and chance of precipitation.

2. I reformatted the Detail screens to fit 240x240. A couple are copied from Simple-240. They were "simply" better than what was already there. The real difference is the stats screen. It is also tabbed, and gives you four different views of the stats.

Note: The settings menu is hidden in each tab. Just click on an already-select tab and you'll get the WeatherPanel settings menu.

How to install it:

Download the attached file and unzip it. Copy the Tabs-240 folder (and files) to your device at \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes (Note: there's a readme file in the zip with more detailed instructions). Then enter the WeatherPanel setup and change the theme to Tabs-240 and, select one of the Tabs-240 layouts (such as TabsSmaller(clear).wpl)

What it looks like:

TabsSmaller(black).wpl and TabsSmaller(clear).wpl:

The other tabs (Main tab is shown above):

To get the settings menu, click on the selected tab:

More views on the next post...

Update 11/01/2006:
    Added Rain % to TabsSmaller layouts (black, clear & clear2).
    Added new layout: TabsSmaller(clear2) - dark gray borders
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zhzaen View Post
    What kind of animation icons are you using in this picture?
    Those are the WillyG Dedication 4.1 icons. They're not animated, but it's one of the nicest looking sets, in my opinion. And, the set comes with "mini" QVGA icons - most others don't.

If you're interested, I'll post a link...
    Just picked up a treo 750 and trying to add weatherpanel to it. I had it running on my old 8125. It seems that there is a very large white bar accross the bottom of the screen within weatherpanel itself that is blocking a lot of what I need to access. I am trying to test the connection from the about tab but can't even read if its successful, and a few buttons are covered up in the other menus

any ideas?
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo4door View Post
    Just picked up a treo 750 and trying to add weatherpanel to it. I had it running on my old 8125. It seems that there is a very large white bar accross the bottom of the screen within weatherpanel itself that is blocking a lot of what I need to access. I am trying to test the connection from the about tab but can't even read if its successful, and a few buttons are covered up in the other menus

any ideas?
    Try accessing the WeatherPanel settings via the Today settings:

Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Today -> Items tab.
    Then highlight WeatherPanel and tap the Options button.
    You should then (theoretically) get scroll bars (so you can scroll down to the settings you can't see). This works on the 700wx, but I've heard of 750 users not having luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Try accessing the WeatherPanel settings via the Today settings:

Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Today -> Items tab.
    Then highlight WeatherPanel and tap the Options button.
    You should then (theoretically) get scroll bars (so you can scroll down to the settings you can't see). This works on the 700wx, but I've heard of 750 users not having luck.
    Yeah that doesn't seem to work

This sucks, its such a great program!
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    I started using the Windows Vista PE theme for WA2 (Aero Dark), so I decided to modify one of the Chameleon-240 backgounds to match the theme exactly. So here it is:

The colors match the Aero Dark theme, plus I gave the button bar more of a "glassy" look:

It replaces the gray background #12 (bk_12.png) - but you can rename it and replace any background you wish, such as pink - not that there's anything wrong with pink :lol:

Just drop the file into your Chameleon-240 theme folder on your device.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by storyr; 01/26/2007 at 07:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    WP-Pilot v2.0
    UranusWare 2006-2007

A Today plugin that allows one-handed navigation/operation of WeatherPanel (via the d-pad).

-

Overview

• The WP-Pilot plugin can be one pixel in height or invisible. When activated, it displays a "pointer" over the WeatherPanel plugin.

Moving the d-pad left or right will move the pointer over each "clickable" item on the WeatherPanel layout.

Press the d-pad center button to activate.

Moving the d-pad up or down will move to the next/previous plugin.

WP-Pilot can be "skinned". Use the WP-Pilot Options to change colors and pointer types to match your overall Today (or WAD) theme.
    Fixes/enhancements in version 2.0:
    • Enhancement: The plugin now has "Invisible" mode - zero pixel height.
      Enhancement: New pointer type: Diamond
      Enhancement: Device resolution aware - works with QVGA or VGA WeatherPanel themes, in either portrait or landscape orientation
      Enhancement: Support for Windows Advance Desktop (plus other desktop management systems)
      Enhancement: Option Dialog windows now use "property pages" - split into tabs
      Enhancement: Option Color settings now have slider bars for each color component, plus color mixing window
      Fix: Now properly passes control (focus) to WeatherPanel detail/pop-up windows - 5-way will continue working
      Fix: Now better at computing the width of repeating forecast sections (tough one!)
      Fix: Now works on international devices (such as Italian)
      Fix: Now properly reads the last line of WeatherPanel layout files missing a cr/lf

Warning: When using "Invisible" mode, the Today plugin separator lines may disappear. Some people see this as "feature" :-) If you need your separator lines, use "1 pixel" mode.
    Installation:

• Depending on your preference, I've attached both CAB and PC install setup files (Readme.txt file included in each).

1. Download the desired install file to your PC and unzip it.
      2. If WP-Pilot v1.0 is already installed, go into the Today settings (Start -> Options -> Personal -> Today) and uncheck it.
      3a. PC setup method:
      -> a. Cradle your device.
      -> b. Run WP-Pilot-v20-WM5-Setup.msi (on your PC) to install.
      3b. CAB file method:
      -> a. Copy WP-Pilot-v20-WM5.CAB to your device
      -> b. On your device, and run File Explorer (or equilvalent) and click on the CAB file to install.
      4. Open the Today settings (Start -> Options -> Personal -> Today) and access the Items tab.
      5. Check the box next to WP-Pilot and move it (Move Up/Move Down) directly above or below WeatherPanel.
      6. Click the Options button to access WP-Pilot's options settings.
    Currently WM5 only! (I'm working on WM 2003SE)

Get it HERE

A special thanks to codyppc , Malatesta and Doreen for helping me test it. codyppc is a testing machine!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by storyr; 12/12/2007 at 10:03 PM.
    Wondering if anyone is having this issue? When I change to the second layout, the one that shows current temp, high and low for the day and the barometer readings, it shows it all on one line. If I go into settings and disable show clear fonts it goes back to two lines.
    Just wanted to say WOW.

I finally got around to installing and setting up the new theme and plug-in created by storyr.

It's truly amazing.