Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiumF View Post
    My God lghitis, just how long have you been working on installing this one application? What are you up to now, 4 weeks? You should know that there is this search engine called "Google", and it does a really great job of finding out answers to simple questions like yours....of course you would have to be somewhat self-sufficient to begin with...
    It must be so rewarding to know everything, all the time.
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    It must be so rewarding to know everything, all the time.
    Never said I did...

Trying to get this guy to learn how to fish, instead of feeding him, only partially as most of you are doing. Answering his questions only seems to produce more questions. He'll get it someday, I hope...

In the mean time Alienwhere, if your responses are going to remain just as inane and uninformed don't bother. While I may not be directly responding to the topic at hand, at least I am trying to be helpful. All your comment did was flame...
    I'm not going to beleaguer the point, as it's not necessary, but I think lots of people reading that post would assume you weren't exactly trying to help, given the tone. Sarcasm and misdirected jabs at someone's possibly misguided efforts don't qualify as "teaching him how to fish". And a smiley at the end doesn't mean you can say whatever you like. If that response was directed at most people, I think they'd probably guess you weren't genuinely trying to help them discover things on their own. That's all.

And given that no one else saw fit to make him feel badly, I just wondered why you did. Apparently you were trying to help. My mistake.
    END OF LINE
    Anyone want to modify Ken's weatherbox to fit the Treo. I used to load weatherpanel in a pocketbreeze tab. I tried to modify weatherbox my self but I butchered it.

http://pixel.citadel.org/weatherpane...herBox_Layouts
    I'm not going to beleaguer the point, as it's not necessary, but I think lots of people reading that post would assume you weren't exactly trying to help, given the tone. Sarcasm and misdirected jabs at someone's possibly misguided efforts don't qualify as "teaching him how to fish". And a smiley at the end doesn't mean you can say whatever you like. If that response was directed at most people, I think they'd probably guess you weren't genuinely trying to help them discover things on their own. That's all.

And given that no one else saw fit to make him feel badly, I just wondered why you did. Apparently you were trying to help. My mistake.
    AlienWhere, wise words. Thanks.
    Ignoring insignificant people I think is more useful. Losers like him are always around. It does not bother me.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Now that the moon phases are phixed in WeatherPanel (see this thread), I got interested in making the moon images look better.

Over on PPCGeeks you can find a new moon icon set with basically one image for each day of the month - a much more realistic representation (and they look a heck of a lot better than the default moon images). I modified this set from images posted by gator (on WeatherPanel.net). Thanks to gator for sharing his huge moon icons and critical moon icon information in this thread.

I cropped and resized the icons into Huge (128x128), Large (64x64), Regular (32x32) and Mini (16x16).

Check it out here...
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Now that the moon phases are phixed in WeatherPanel (see this thread), I got interested in making the moon images look better.

Over on PPCGeeks you can find a new moon icon set with basically one image for each day of the month - a much more realistic representation (and they look a heck of a lot better than the default moon images). I modified this set from images posted by gator (on WeatherPanel.net). Thanks to gator for sharing his huge moon icons and critical moon icon information in this thread.

I cropped and resized the icons into Huge (128x128), Large (64x64), Regular (32x32) and Mini (16x16).

Check it out here...
    my 7 year old son just informed me that those are not pictures of the moon. he says you can't see the rabbit. lol.

anyhow once agian storyr. great job

cody

to see the rabbit in the moon = click here

i guess you can kind of see it
    Last edited by codyppc; 01/13/2007 at 08:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Announcing: Chameleon-240 Version 2

Recap:
    • Chameleon-240-v2 is a custom WeatherPanel theme optimized for square-screen devices (240x240) and one-handed operation using WP-Pilot. At the heart of Chameleon-240-v2 is the integrated button bar, which offers key WeatherPanel functionality:

Changes in version 2:

• ◊ Smoothed out the "crumpled" backgrounds (got my iron working)
      ◊ Modified the entire theme to work well with or without the "Enable Clear Type Fonts" setting
      ◊ Replaced "rain" with "precipitation" throughout the theme
      ◊ Added "feels like" to the first two layouts (layouts "a" and "b")
      ◊ Improved the lunar layout (layout "g")
      ◊ Improved the "Details" pop-up - added lunar phase to the forecast section (the Details pop-up shows the "current" conditions initially - hit right on the 5-way to see the forecast)
      ◊ 174K bytes smaller than version 1
    Features:

• ◊ Compact (61 pixels).
      ◊ Integrated button bar with eleven functions - optimized for WP-Pilot.
      ◊ Easily choose from twelve background colors to fit with any Today theme, plus a translucent (Ghost) background to let your Today theme show through.
      ◊ Customized pop-up windows - including a pop-up help screen.
      ◊ Customized detail windows - completely 240x240 compatible.
    Color and Layout control:

-

Pop-up and Detail windows:

-

Installation instructions are included in the zip file (Readme.txt).

This theme takes 521K of storage space

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by storyr; 01/15/2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Update: Moon layout fix
    storyr- great work as always... just running into one weird little problem. Although I see the .wpl files in the cham-2 folder on my Treo, when I go to select a layout, only the half-dozen or so default layouts are there, even after a soft reset. So I can't choose Chameleon 2 and 11_c, I can only choose some of the plain default ones, which don't work obviously, with the theme itself.

Any thoughts? In the meantime, I'm still enjoying the heck out of v1! Thanks!
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    storyr- great work as always... just running into one weird little problem. Although I see the .wpl files in the cham-2 folder on my Treo, when I go to select a layout, only the half-dozen or so default layouts are there, even after a soft reset. So I can't choose Chameleon 2 and 11_c, I can only choose some of the plain default ones, which don't work obviously, with the theme itself.

Any thoughts? In the meantime, I'm still enjoying the heck out of v1! Thanks!
    I just double checked everything, re-installed on an emulator and my own device without any issues.

Are you saying you don't see Chameleon-240-v2 in your Theme drop-down? Or, are you saying you do, but don't see the layouts in the Layout drop-down?
    storyr - never mind. Being slightly preoccupied tonight, I realized I pasted the folders incorrectly. Yes, that's what I said. I can't be trusted to do simple things anymore...

It's been a long day...

Sorry, mate - didn't mean to make you go through all that trouble. Really not my best work.
    Last edited by Alienwhere; 01/14/2007 at 12:39 AM.
    END OF LINE
    I just love this version, StoryR! The graphics are cleaner without the crumpled look, and I very much like the "feels like" temperature.

I have a small problem using WP-Pilot with the forecast, ie, the 2nd toolbar icon from the left. I can use the 5-way to navigate to the Details page, where I get the "Now" page. But I can't at that point navigate to the more detailed forecast by right-clicking on the 5-way.

The workaround is a bit quirky:
    it takes two downclicks, which brings up the WP-Pilot icon and then makes it disappear. A right-click will then advance me to further pages.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    I just love this version, StoryR! The graphics are cleaner without the crumpled look, and I very much like the "feels like" temperature.

I have a small problem using WP-Pilot with the forecast, ie, the 2nd toolbar icon from the left. I can use the 5-way to navigate to the Details page, where I get the "Now" page. But I can't at that point navigate to the more detailed forecast by right-clicking on the 5-way.
    Sorry about that. This is a known problem with WP-Pilot v1.0. I have version 1.1 in beta, which solves that problem - but there's other issues I've been trying to resolve. I hope to release it soon, but I haven't even touched it since before Christmas

The workaround is a bit quirky:
    it takes two downclicks, which brings up the WP-Pilot icon and then makes it disappear. A right-click will then advance me to further pages.
    That's pretty much the workaround!
    Can't wait til you've refined W-P Pilot 1.1!

Every release from you is another present. I find myself logging into TC just to see if there are updates to this thread.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    I found a small bug in the Chameleon-240-v2 moon layout (layout "g") where it was skipping a day. It's fixed (see below). You have two options for installing:

1. Download just the "g" layouts attached to this post, and copy them into your Chameleon-240-v2 folder.
    2. Download the whole theme (from this post), and copy it over the old one

Bug (notice that it skipped Saturday):

Fixed :

Attached Files Attached Files
    Storyr, finally got everything working ok. Great work. My spb pocket software was some how in conflict I think. I hope that guy Radiumf is not around here. He is bad news. Bad attitude. Rude.
    The program has been extremely helpful especially with the bad weather now in San Antonio. Thanks again.
    Here in New York (and Tacoma), alerts come up on the tool bar, but without a message as yet.

The header reads "Special Weather Statement Until..." but no message follows. Is this specific to me, or does this happen to you guys, too?
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Here in New York (and Tacoma), alerts come up on the tool bar, but without a message as yet.

The header reads "Special Weather Statement Until..." but no message follows. Is this specific to me, or does this happen to you guys, too?
    WeatherPanel displays the alert text that's published by the weather.com web service. What you're seeing is exactly what's being sent out by weather.com. To see the full message (it's usually something LONG), go to www.weather.com for your city...

Here in Tacoma, we currently have both an "air stagnation advisory" and a "snow advisory". Too bad the tsunami advisory isn't still in effect...

I could be stuck in a snow drift, suffocating in the smog - then get swept away by a giant wave...
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Here in Tacoma, we currently have both an "air stagnation advisory" and a "snow advisory". Too bad the tsunami advisory isn't still in effect...
    Air stagnation advisory?? Wow. I've never heard that term before! Thank you Santa Ana winds!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Im using the 5 day forcast and Im not geting the icon on the left side i think its clouds or sun in your pictures its the far left of the screen. I Dont get that any ideas?