Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    that's a good sign!!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Okay, I'm sold. This is exactly what I was looking for (wish it took up less storage space, but oh well).

Thanks codyppc for making this so easy and painfree!

Here's me now:

Damn that sun is so freakin' happy looking...
    if you want to make it a ture on liner... goto the weather panel settings and under display/ time display, select "none"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    I find that this app messes with some of my system fonts. Look at the "Active" text over your call timer. It is now in block text. If you have your "info" show at power on the "info" title text is all block text. Very odd.
    i dont get any font change. hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    if you want to make it a ture on liner... goto the weather panel settings and under display/ time display, select "none"
    I don't think that matters though since the icon is what makes it that height. If I take out the time it's still the same.

that's okay anyways as I like the clock--since I now have the date on the task bar.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    I find that this app messes with some of my system fonts. Look at the "Active" text over your call timer. It is now in block text. If you have your "info" show at power on the "info" title text is all block text. Very odd.
    I have the same issue, it reminds me of the old chicago file type...I kind of like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    in that zip file where are the themes that are for 240?
    in the "themes" folder are three folders. i use the "Updated Finis-240 Download".
    copy this whole folder and paste it in your treos device/program files/marsware/weatherpanel/themes folder. dont remove the default folder.

for example in my program files/marsware/weatherpanel/themes folder i have five folders default, simplethemes, neon-qvga, updated finis, and finis240.

the updated finis and finis240 allow the details pages, when you hit on an icon from your today screen, to be in 240x240. if you dont have one of these two themes selected in the weatherpanel settings, you wont see all the details page.
    For those with the font problem, check the weatherpanel installation folder and the windows/fonts folder. There may be a font that WeatherPanel installed. I'm not 100% sure but I think I saw a font file in the CAB file the last time I extracted it. Again, I'm not 100% sure though.

If that is the case, rename the font with a different extension like .old. Soft reset the device and delete the file. That should fix it.
    I don't see that "Uptaded" folder any where. not on my treo, or not in the zip file. also it seems that i cant fined an option that will me select for how many days to display the weather.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    For those with the font problem, check the weatherpanel installation folder and the windows/fonts folder. There may be a font that WeatherPanel installed. I'm not 100% sure but I think I saw a font file in the CAB file the last time I extracted it. Again, I'm not 100% sure though.

If that is the case, rename the font with a different extension like .old. Soft reset the device and delete the file. That should fix it.
    Didn't work....I found no files in the font folder.........
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Workin like a champ... Thanks Cody for the offering, and thanks Malatesta (as always) for the nice write-up. I really like weatherpanel on my 6700, and it's nice to have a mini version of it on my treo.

Thanks again guys...
    -Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    I don't see that "Uptaded" folder any where. not on my treo, or not in the zip file. also it seems that i cant fined an option that will me select for how many days to display the weather.
    in the zip file i posted is a floder called weather panel. in that folder is a folder called themes. in that folder called "Updated Finis-240 Download".
    As promised, here's my version of a simple weatherpanel layout. Please note that you will need to download the VGA version (larger icons) of the weather icons to get the same effect as my screenshot. Have fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I will try to post a screen grab tonight, but this happened before I found this thread and installed the one I found on the web. That was probably what did it...but sure would like to know how to fix it, without hard reset!

I have nothing in my font folder, I wonder if the uninstall I did removed them?

Andy
    As promised, here's my version of a simple weatherpanel layout. Please note that you will need to download the VGA version (larger icons) of the weather icons to get the same effect as my screenshot. Have fun!
    Thanks hamsup,

The only issue I have with this is that the date (specifically the year) technically overlaps the image and is therefor cut off partially.

Is this date format based on the system date (plugin)? e.g. if I change the year format from yyyy to just yy would that make a difference? Or is this done directly through the skin? TIA

Thanks hamsup,

The only issue I have with this is that the date (specifically the year) technically overlaps the image and is therefor cut off partially.

Is this date format based on the system date (plugin)? e.g. if I change the year format from yyyy to just yy would that make a difference? Or is this done directly through the skin? TIA
    I forgot that I am not using the default Tahoma font so I didn't realize that it is overlapping. The font I use is smaller. Anyways, the date is done directly on the WPL file so you can edit it by opening it in Notepad. I'm just not sure what the correct parameter is for a short date. You may also want to change the font size to get rid of the overlapping.
    can some one tell me how to make it display weather only for one day, and not 5 like mine does now.
    Okay, I'm sold. This is exactly what I was looking for (wish it took up less storage space, but oh well).

Thanks codyppc for making this so easy and painfree!

Here's me now:

Damn that sun is so freakin' happy looking...
    how did you set up yours like that. i like it and i want the same
    how did you set up yours like that. i like it and i want the same
    lol, go to this post on the previous page: here

and might I suggest this thread for others interested in "today setups"

I forgot that I am not using the default Tahoma font so I didn't realize that it is overlapping. The font I use is smaller. Anyways, the date is done directly on the WPL file so you can edit it by opening it in Notepad. I'm just not sure what the correct parameter is for a short date. You may also want to change the font size to get rid of the overlapping.
    cool, I should be able to get it from there. thanks!

Malatesta,

Did exactly as you said, and well, a few bizarre things.

1. The simple theme doesn't show up at all

2. When I make/receive a call I too get the slightly chunky text. It's not a big deal but it doesn't look as nice as it should.

Apart from that it seems to be ok. But it is strange that you can choose the simple theme and that you don't get the chunky text when making/receiving calls.

hehe, I knew someone was going to ask me that!

So first some of the other questions:

I installed the main .cab file for weatherpanel.

I then installed the icons.arm.cab found in the animated icons folder in Cody's zip.

Nova Icons I extraced as a folder to
    Program Files \marsware\weather panel\icons

Simplethemes I extracted to
    Program Files\marsware\weather panel\themes

Once installed, I went to the "Settings" in WP --> Display and chose:
    Theme: simplethemes
    Layout: Simple3.wpl
    Icon Set: Nova icons

Time Display: Update Time (this doesn't actually matter)

Of course I also set up my cities and conenction info.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    So from top to bottom on my screen:
    - iLauncher 3.0 with single line, no tab setting
    - WeatherPanel
    - TodayAgenda 0.9.2.0 beta (fixed space to push down phonealarm)
    - PhoneAlarm Lite 1.54 with Jinks/email skin
    - TrueToolbar (shows running programs in lower task area)

All colors are changed via Vicott Wong's UI Tweaker 3.2

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast