Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I noticed that everyday for me is 85%
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    FYI: As of January 1st, the moon phase information (%, phase, next event) is no longer working in WeatherPanel. Apparently this happened last year too (see this thread).

Everything else seems to be fine. If this persists, I'll update Chameleon-240 to remove the moon info...
    request... if you pull the moon thing I would like to see "feels like" temp. I tried to edit the layout file my self, but it looked a little to complex for me. too scared. lol
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    FIXED! Check this out:

As it turns out, the WeatherPanel.dll has an internal text resource that contains the moon phase table. I reverse engineered the format:

• 1st number: the date - number of days since 1/1/1900
    • 2nd number: the percent of illumination
    • 3rd number: a combination of the phase (1,2,3,4) and the time of the phase (last four digits)

I generated a new table for 2007, using this site to generate the data.

I then used a resource editor to update the WeatherPanel.dll with the new table. This is version 2.5.1. If you're running an older version of WeatherPanel, you'll need to upgrade first.

Installation instructions:
    • On your device, go to Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Today. Open the Items tab and uncheck WeatherPanel.
    • Dock your device and browse to \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel.
    • Make a copy of WeatherPanel.dll (or rename it), then unzip and copy the new WeatherPanel.dll to the same location. NOTE: Use the "trial" or "registered" version of the attached dll's, depending on what you're currently running (go to the about screen in WeatherPanel settings if you're not sure).
    • Go back to your Today settings (as in #1) and recheck WeatherPanel.
    • NOTE: You may get a message about running a program from an unknown source. Be sure to OK this (it's a one time deal).

The moon phases should be good for another year! Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by storyr; 01/03/2007 at 09:37 AM.
    I have not been able to install Chameleon-240.
    Cant seem to find the files to install to look like the pics above. I do see the graph and the temp for 3 days.
    once again... great job storyr
    ok, i couldn't wait untill i got home to a pc to do this so i tried doing it with resco. i tried renaming it first and the i just replaced "overwright". neither of the two attempts worked. what i get now is the weather panel start up screen in the plugin and when i hit it to set it up it want a serial number.

what did i do wrong? why would docking the phone and using a pc make any difference?

thanks, cody
    update... I unchecked the today plugin, uninstalled wp, removed the files from programs files, and then reinstalled. now it seems to still have that dll. the % moon deal says 6422568%.

what now? how come the dll stayed? I thought since the orignal was intalled with the setup cab all would be back to normal.
    update... I unchecked the today plugin, uninstalled wp, removed the files from programs files, and then reinstalled. now it seems to still have that dll. the % moon deal says 6422568%.

what now? how come the dll stayed? I thought since the orignal was intalled with the setup cab all would be back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

I did the same thing. It worked initally, but now upon a soft reset it went back to saying Tap here to enter your serial.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    DITTO on the serial number requirement on the today screen
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    DITTO on the serial number requirement on the today screen
    Sorry folks - I had updated my registered version. Check the post above for new attachments - with an updated "trial" version...
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis View Post
    I have not been able to install Chameleon-240.
    Cant seem to find the files to install to look like the pics above. I do see the graph and the temp for 3 days.
    It sounds like you installed something. What process did you follow for the installation - the instructions in the Readme.txt file inside the zip?
    thanks storyr, this time it worked great. done with resco on device.
    I'm very much enjoying this! I appreciate all the hard work you've put into this. I love starting my day with those moving icons
    last question. does any one know why my time shows up like this now...

i have done a few resets and even changed themes and layouts a few times.

thanks, cody
    thanks storyr, this time it worked great. done with resco on device.
    +1. Thanks for the great theme!
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    last question. does any one know why my time shows up like this now...

i have done a few resets and even changed themes and layouts a few times.

thanks, cody
    Yes, I think I do. Go into your WeatherPanel settings (via Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Today -> Items) and make sure "Enable Clear Type Fonts" is check on the Display tab (you'll have to scroll down).
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Yes, I think I do. Go into your WeatherPanel settings (via Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Today -> Items) and make sure "Enable Clear Type Fonts" is check on the Display tab (you'll have to scroll down).
    very good. it worked.

you sure your name is not "martian". the one who created weatherpanel and has been MIA for over a year.

edit: i didn't realize where you wanted me to change this setting. i changed it in the weatherpanel options. (today prefs/wp/options)
    can I make chameleon stay a certian color?
    it keeps changing when I reboot
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonphillips View Post
    can I make chameleon stay a certian color?
    it keeps changing when I reboot
    Of course!

To maintain your favorite Chameleon-240 color/layout combination (after setting changes, soft resets, etc), set your WeatherPanel layout settings as follows:

The layouts are coded as Chameleon_XXL, where XX = the color code, and L = the layout code.

Color codes:

01 = Chameleon (green)
    02 = Lime Light (lime green)
    03 = Blue Man Group (blue)
    04 = Sky Bound (light blue)
    05 = Seeing Red (red)
    06 = Pretty in Pink (pink)
    07 = Fresh Squeezed (orange)
    08 = Milk Chocolate (Brown)
    09 = Coppertone (tan)
    10 = Off-White (white)
    11 = Back in Black (black)
    12 = Gray Area (gray)
    13 = Ghost (translucent)

Layout codes:

a = Date banner
    b = Current conditions
    c = Four day forecast
    d = Five day forecast
    e = 24 hour temp/precipitation
    f = Radar
    g = Lunar schedule

In the WeatherPanel settings, set the Layout file name for the desired color/layout codes. Example: I like blue/four day forecast. My layout is set to Chameleon_03c