Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    I don't remember reading this, so if I am duplicating someone elses thoughts I apologize.

I've found it to be much easier to edit the radar images by editing the radars.txt file that is located here:
    \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\radars.txt

You have to copy it over to your desktop to edit it, but it's fairly simple from there. Just follow the format that the text file is already done in so that you maintain the functionality. You can cut/paste which for fat fingers like me is much easier than trying to type them on my treo!!

I'm quite fond of the NEXRAD images but you may have others you like better. I never did like the stock images that were already there.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I did this too a while back. It was much easier than trying it on the phone.
    I just may a text file on desktop and put it on storage card. then I cut and paste.
    I had to reinstall my weather thing. and now i noticed that my radar images are not showing up. They are in the folder, but once i go in to the details on my treo and go to images, they are not there. its telling me to go to watherpanel and add them.
    it sounds like you haven't set up any images. thay are in the folder by defualt, but you have to select which one/s you want. what you need to do is go to setting, highlight your city, select edit, go down and select weather images, and then pick the one/s you want. after you do this you still won't have any images until it updates again. you can do a manually update.

hope this helps, cody
    As always you are correct. Thx.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    OMG.

D-pad support in WP would be INSANE. I know, it's a lot to hope for, but seriously. How awesome would that be?
    Guess what? IT'S HERE! Announcing WP-Pilot - A Today plugin that allows one-handed navigation/control (via the d-pad) of WeatherPanel.

It's a plugin that's only one pixel in height, and when activated, displays a pointer over the WeatherPanel plugin. Moving the d-pad left or right will move the pointer over each "clickable" item on the WeatherPanel layout. Press the center d-pad to activate. You can even skin it

Download it here at PPCGeeks.com
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    When I activate the “Stealth” theme my current temp shows 50% colder. That is in the default or tabs theme it lists my temp at 20* F – If I switch to Stealth is will shows 9* F. Is this something I have messed up? Thanks for your input.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    When I activate the “Stealth” theme my current temp shows 50% colder. That is in the default or tabs theme it lists my temp at 20* F – If I switch to Stealth is will shows 9* F. Is this something I have messed up? Thanks for your input.
    Jeff
    The Stealth layout is showing the "feels like" temperature. The others are showing the actual temperature. Either way, that's darned cold!
    On Tonaya WeatherToGo, is there a way to ONLY display one city... ever? I can do 1 city, but on any reset, the system comes up with all 3 cities. Seems like I could edit a config file somewhere, but... ???
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by labboypro View Post
    On Tonaya WeatherToGo, is there a way to ONLY display one city... ever? I can do 1 city, but on any reset, the system comes up with all 3 cities. Seems like I could edit a config file somewhere, but... ???
    I'm sure I did that when I was using it before WeatherPanel. It would have looked like this.

I think you just tap on the WTG screen to get the popup menu and select your city and compact view. Maybe try it and wait for a while to do a reset. If that doesn't work you might try re-installing or sending them an e-mail.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    I think you just tap on the WTG screen to get the popup menu and select your city and compact view.
    Thanks for the quick reply... that is indeed what I'm doing. My question is how to KEEP it in that 1-city compact mode. Every time I reset (which is waaaaaaaaay too often), it comes back up in default 3-city full size mode.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by labboypro View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply... that is indeed what I'm doing. My question is how to KEEP it in that 1-city compact mode. Every time I reset (which is waaaaaaaaay too often), it comes back up in default 3-city full size mode.

I think mine stayed when I did a soft reset but I cannot say for sure. I didn't use WTG for very long. Like I said before, I would try re-installing it or you should e-mail their support.

Greg
    I recently had to do a hard reset. after reloading everything I feel I MAY be missing something.
    a lot of modification has been done to weather panel. I was thinking that someone modified a file that allowed 240x240 view of the settings screen. for example... if you go to settings there is the options to change from farenheit to celsiusm. somewhere there is a setting for changing city automatically. I know the settings are there we just can't see them without 240x320.
    I have searched through the last 4 or 5 pages of this thread and can't find it. someone please hook me up and don't tell me i'm imagine things.

thanks, cody
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I recently had to do a hard reset. after reloading everything I feel I MAY be missing something.
    a lot of modification has been done to weather panel. I was thinking that someone modified a file that allowed 240x240 view of the settings screen. for example... if you go to settings there is the options to change from farenheit to celsiusm. somewhere there is a setting for changing city automatically. I know the settings are there we just can't see them without 240x320.
    I have searched through the last 4 or 5 pages of this thread and can't find it. someone please hook me up and don't tell me i'm imagine things.

thanks, cody
    Hey Cody! You have two options: 1. Access the WeatherPanel settings via the Today screen settings - you should then see scroll bars. 2. Access the WP-Pilot options, which has those hard-to-get-at WeatherPanel options built in.
    ok. I know step one doesn't give me the scroll bars. I do remember seeing the scroll bars though. I though this was only able with a hack for 240x240 devices. anyhow, i'll try option 2.

thanks.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Cody,

Option 1 from Storyr should work. From your Today Screen, go to Menu - Preferences - Todat Settings. Then highlight WeatherPanel and click Options. You should see screens with the scroll bar like this then.

Greg
    ok, I misunderstood what storyr was saying. I though he said from the today screen go to weather panel settings, which does not give the scroll bar.
    if you go to the today screen preference and the weather panel and hit options it works.

my last question is how come this settings screen is different when going from the wp plugin/settings vs todayscreen prefs/wp/options ?

on all my other plugings like phone alarm, pocket plus, ect the setting screen is the same. you just have different ways to get there.

anyhow, thanks guys for the help, cody
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    my last question is how come this settings screen is different when going from the wp plugin/settings vs todayscreen prefs/wp/options ?
    I dunno....lol
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

Introducing Chameleon-240 - a new, compact WeatherPanel theme built for square screen (240x240) devices and optimized for one-handed operation using WP-Pilot!

At the heart of Chameleon-240 is the integrated button bar (styled after WMP11), which offers key WeatherPanel functionality:

The center 'Play' button controls the multiple internal layouts to suite your needs (shown with the Dedication41 icon set):

Features:

• Compact (61 pixels), but packs a lot of functionality in one theme.
    • Integrated button bar with eleven functions - optimized for WP-Pilot.
    • Easily choose from twelve background colors to fit with any Today theme, plus a translucent (Ghost) background to let your Today theme show through.
    • Customized pop-up windows (with "crumpled" backgrounds!? ...anarchy!) - including a pop-up help screen.
    • Customized detail windows (also with "crumpled" backgrounds ) - completely 240x240 compatible.
    • Device resolution aware? No way!
    • VGA? BS! (QVGA only)
    More:
    -

Update: To maintain your favorite Chameleon-240 color/layout combination (after setting changes, soft resets, etc), set your WeatherPanel layout settings as follows:

The layouts are coded as Chameleon_XXL, where XX = the color code, and L = the layout code.

Color codes:

01 = Chameleon (green)
    02 = Lime Light (lime green)
    03 = Blue Man Group (blue)
    04 = Sky Bound (light blue)
    05 = Seeing Red (red)
    06 = Pretty in Pink (pink)
    07 = Fresh Squeezed (orange)
    08 = Milk Chocolate (Brown)
    09 = Coppertone (tan)
    10 = Off-White (white)
    11 = Back in Black (black)
    12 = Gray Area (gray)
    13 = Ghost (translucent)

Layout codes:

a = Date banner
    b = Current conditions
    c = Four day forecast
    d = Five day forecast
    e = 24 hour temp/precipitation
    f = Radar
    g = Lunar schedule

In the WeatherPanel settings, set the Layout file name for the desired color/layout codes. Example: I like blue/four day forecast. My layout is set to Chameleon_03c

Update: Version 2 has been released. Go to this post to get it.
    Last edited by storyr; 01/22/2007 at 10:50 PM.