Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    I'll try to beat him to it: Go into Settings, Cities, Edit and change the city name to whatever you want.
    It's not a race. Ok, maybe it is. And I did exactly what Storyr said. You can make it anything you want. I've seen some with just Home.

Greg
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Here are S240-CompactRC.wpl and S240-CompactRD.wpl with the changes to make the rain percentage show without cutting off any of it. Thought some might not want to try the editing of it. Just replace the ones on your Treo with these.

Greg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    GregE and StoryR...you should be working for Microsoft and/or Palm! But that would make too much sense I guess
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Try the PocketMax forum.

Greg
    Right, I couldn't find that one there though.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Right, I couldn't find that one there though.
    I actually tried finding it too before I posted that. I would post you are looking for it there and I bet somebody responds. I'm curious what it looks like too.

Greg
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I actually tried finding it too before I posted that. I would post you are looking for it there and I bet somebody responds. I'm curious what it looks like too.

Greg
    http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=3268.0
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    You go. I'll keep an eye on it.

Greg
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    No, not the plugin but the detail screens.

This may be old news to some, but I accidentally discovered that the WeatherPanel detail screens (conveniently converted to 240x240 by me*) allow some control through the d-pad:

• Up/Down scrolls through your cities
    • Left/Right scrolls through the daily forecasts

I'd love to add some kind of keyboard control to the plugin - I'll keep studying.

*shameless self-promotion
    OMG.

D-pad support in WP would be INSANE. I know, it's a lot to hope for, but seriously. How awesome would that be?

If anyone can do it, you can, storyr, along with the help of your fellow mad scientists... you know who you are...

PS: shameless self-promotion? I call it a well-deserved sense of accomplishment. This program has grown to be more robust than we could have thought through some of your efforts. You can brag all you want. I think that others would say the same!
    END OF LINE
    WP and 5 way would be amazing...it would sooo complete that amazing program.

Oh how I hope a way can be found!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    WP and 5 way would be amazing...it would sooo complete that amazing program.

Oh how I hope a way can be found!
    I have been trying to press the guys at SBSH (PocketWeather) for complete d-pad functionality (even within a PocketBreeze tab). Supposedly, it's coming soon, more than I can say for WeatherPanel.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    1. Any way to get the % rain in the Tabs-240 main screen?
    Per Tre-i-e-i-o's request, I squeezed in the current % chance of rain (or snow!) on the TabsSmaller layouts, plus added a new clear version (clear2 with dark borders). Here're some screen shots:

TabsSmaller(black) on black background:

TabsSmaller(black) on light background:

TabsSmaller(clear) on light background (white borders):

TabsSmaller(clear2) *new* on light background (dark borders):

In case you're wondering what the alert was:

You can download the new version of Tabs-240 from this post. My recommendation is to copy the Tabs-240 folder over the top of your old one...
    Last edited by storyr; 11/01/2006 at 09:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I have been trying to press the guys at SBSH (PocketWeather) for complete d-pad functionality (even within a PocketBreeze tab). Supposedly, it's coming soon, more than I can say for WeatherPanel.
    Considering that the developer of WP has been gone for about a year and a half... I'd say it's still the best weather app out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Considering that the developer of WP has been gone for about a year and a half... I'd say it's still the best weather app out there.
    PocketWeather has a bunch of features missing in WeatherPanel and vice versa. IMO, pocket weather is a much better app.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    PocketWeather has a bunch of features missing in WeatherPanel and vice versa. IMO, pocket weather is a much better app.
    What features do you feel are missing? I'm curious.

Greg
    What features do you feel are missing? I'm curious.

Greg
    I can have a tiny thumnail of a radar image click on it and then pick from as many radar images as I have set to download. The subsequent selection of other images is easier & better than on weatherpanel, imo. I know you can have a thumnail on weather panel, but PocketWeather has a cleaner look on the today page and better radar image implementation/ease of use.
    I can cut & paste urls into the radar page
    I can schedule the hours and times of times (no updates between 10pm & 6am) and change update frequency for maps, forecast, current, etc.
    metar data, inc visibility, relative humidity, pressure in HG, actual temp, apparent temp
    the compare funcion is much better than the largely useless graphs that are too difficult to read for anything other than the curve shape. you can compare max temp, min, precip% humidity, icons, windspeed, daylight times, weather,
    earthquake info (would be nice if they added alerts like weatherpanel tabs240)
    ability to change font size, color, tab shading all as part of the settings menu

I had stability or compatibility problems with WeatherPanel and found it slowed my device substantially.

some of the things it's missing
    an auto cache clear
    weather alerts
    far fewer skin/view options, although the view option they do offer can be customized a bit.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I love the tabs! Great job! Does WP have a text forcast feature? Since there isnt much real estate, maybe a short synopsis of the weather for the next few days in a text format. I tried looking for it but maybe I overlooked it. Is this there or is it possible?

Edit: After installing the tabs, I've noticed a tremendous lag in the phones operations. Everything is drastically delayed from switching to other programs, to typing a message to no longer hearing my sounds when I get messages. Is this normal?
    Last edited by FDLuke; 11/02/2006 at 11:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FDLuke View Post
    I love the tabs! Great job! Does WP have a text forcast feature? Since there isnt much real estate, maybe a short synopsis of the weather for the next few days in a text format. I tried looking for it but maybe I overlooked it. Is this there or is it possible?
    Oh, you're looking for the detail screens. From the main tab, just tap on one of the icons. More info and screen shots here.

Perhaps it's time to consolidate this thread (and it's downloads) into a WeatherPanel specific sticky or something...

After installing the tabs, I've noticed a tremendous lag in the phones operations. Everything is drastically delayed from switching to other programs, to typing a message to no longer hearing my sounds when I get messages. Is this normal?
    I have never noticed any slowdown with WeatherPanel, although I've seen one or two others that seem to have a problem. How's your memory situation? Have you soft reset?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I did a soft reset and it seemed to help slightly. I will have to play with it later and figure out if I have too much installed on the phone. I am new to this so im still learning. I will be sure to post if the problem persists. Thanks
    Edit: After installing the tabs, I've noticed a tremendous lag in the phones operations. Everything is drastically delayed from switching to other programs, to typing a message to no longer hearing my sounds when I get messages. Is this normal?
    I had this problem too. -one of the reasons I think I am switching to PocketWeather.