Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    I have never seen that before. But remember that this app was designed for PPC2003 devices, so their will be bugs/glitches from time to time. I tell it to update once an hour. And depending the day I will tell it to auto update. Did a soft reset take care of the problem?
    I ended up just shutting the auto-update function off for now. I don't have time to mess around with it at work right now... you know, that whole actually doing-my-job thing gets in the way...

While I'm thinking about it, though, what are the differences in the update options? Is there something that auto-update does that "establish connection" needs to be checked for? Can you do one without the other? I was under the impression that "establish connection" needed to be checked for auto-update to work at all...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    I ended up just shutting the auto-update function off for now. I don't have time to mess around with it at work right now... you know, that whole actually doing-my-job thing gets in the way...

While I'm thinking about it, though, what are the differences in the update options? Is there something that auto-update does that "establish connection" needs to be checked for? Can you do one without the other? I was under the impression that "establish connection" needed to be checked for auto-update to work at all...
    I just turned "establish connection" on a few days ago - it seems to be working great.

Before that, it appeared to update whenever direct push had already established a connection - sometimes waiting much longer that 30 minutes to update.

BTW, I update four cities and one radar image and it takes about 5-7 seconds to update (in EVDO)...
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Yep, "establish connection" makes WeatherPanel start the Vision connection if off. Just checking the update button will only update if Vision is already established.
    Ok. I was just doing some little tests. Here's what I'm experiencing.

I have auto update selected, along with establish connection. It's only got 4 cities in the list, and it updates over and over again. A few days ago, it would connect, pull info and that would be it until the next connection time. Now it seems to be stuck in some kind of loop where it's always connected, and naturally, it's running the crap out of the battery and I noticed the heat buildup near the top of the phone, by the camera lens.

For now, I have deselected those auto options, although I really want to get it working again. This is easily the coolest app I run on a daily basis. Does anyone know why this might be going on? I mean, worse comes to worse, I'm going home after work, uninstalling, reinstalling and seeing what happens. Failing that, I will not hesitate to do a hard reset, as I made a pristine backup of my phone's state after the last hard reset before I started using it again... I would love to hear some ideas, though. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, was there a fix?
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Just a thought, but maybe one of your cities or some radar isn't linked correctly and it keeps trying to connect to it. How about disabling some of yoru cities and radar and get down to the bare minimum. Then slowly add them back in.

Greg
    Sounds good. I'll give it a shot at lunch in a bit. I was actually thinking that myself before, but hadn't had a chance to get it done.

Ah, I'll do it now.

BINGO. My girlfriend and I are going to Newport, RI this weekend, and I was watching the weather coming up. HOWEVER, she gave me the wrong zip. Hence, it was constantly looking for a city that didn't exist. Greg, thanks - it's all good now. I'll know better than to trust HER again!!!
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    lol Glad you figured it out.

WeatherPanel rocks. I put it on my business partner's 700w and he loves it. He showed one of our salesreps at lunch Friday and he came right in my office when they got back and was asking for it. I gave it to him today. That makes 4 700w's I've put it on. I really like being able to connect to local radar and I've connected to traffic cams in town too.

Greg

BTW Have lunch or dinner at the Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant. It's a very cool place with good food. I haven't been in years but wish I could. I found it when I had some software meetings in Newport.
    Sweet - thanks for the restaurant tip. I'll check it out!
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    NVM - Glad it's fixed!!!
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    HOWEVER, she gave me the wrong zip. Hence, it was constantly looking for a city that didn't exist.
    FYI - Don't forget to use the Search feature when adding a city (e.g. by zip code). That way you can be sure it's correct.

I traced the packets when you click Search, and it hit's the weather.com site (not marsware)...
    Good to know. Thanks storyr-
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    I finally got a weather alert, and was able to test it on the Tabs-240 theme.

I had to make a couple of changes to make it work correctly: When a weather alert is issued for the selected city, the Alert tab becomes RED. Click on the tab, and you can see the alert.

Here's what it looks like on the TabsSmaller(black) layout:

and on the TabsSmaller(clear) layout:

In order for this to work correctly, you have to copy the Alert folder (included in the zip file) into the icon folder you're using. The complete instructions are in the readme file.

I've attached the zip to this post, and will update the original post for Tabs-240. If you're updating Tabs-240, my recommendation is to just copy the Tabs-240 folder over the top of the old one...

Happy Alerting!
    Wow guys, unbelievable thread. One of the best without a doubt!

Storyr...love your themes. 2 questions...

1. Any way to get the % rain in the Tabs-240 main screen?
    AND/OR
    2. The "%" is cut off in the Simple-240 "CompactRD" layout when displaying a double-digit percentage. Is this just me?

Thanks for all of your work!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Please tell me where I can get the transparent visdaphone PA skin!!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    2. The "%" is cut off in the Simple-240 "CompactRD" layout when displaying a double-digit percentage. Is this just me?
    I noticed this in the CompactRC layout and made a change on mine to fix it. Open the CompactRD with a text editor and change the following section

;TEXT
    Rain #RAIN#%
    2,10,45,11,L
    tahoma,11,BOLD,TODAY

to this

;TEXT
    Rain #RAIN#%
    2,10,52,11,L
    tahoma,11,BOLD,TODAY

and it should fit. I even had 100% one day and it fit fine after a slight tweak from 50 to 52 on the width.

Greg
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Wow guys, unbelievable thread. One of the best without a doubt!

Storyr...love your themes. 2 questions...

1. Any way to get the % rain in the Tabs-240 main screen?
    AND/OR

Thanks for all of your work!
    I'll check both of these out - shouldn't be too much trouble...
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Please tell me where I can get the transparent visdaphone PA skin!!
    Try the PocketMax forum.

Greg
    GregE & storyr...thanks so much! This place is truly one of a kind!
    OH-IO!!!

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Here is the zip of the minor changes I made. I called it Malatesta_popup_combo_4 since it was just minor changes to another one. Just unzip the file and put it in your Stealth-240 folder.

Greg
    Greg,

How do you get it to just display the City and not the state too? I currently have "Chicago, IL" displayed but the "C" is cut off so it only says "hicago, IL".

Is this a regional setting? Thanks!
    OH-IO!!!

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Greg,

How do you get it to just display the City and not the state too? I currently have "Chicago, IL" displayed but the "C" is cut off so it only says "hicago, IL".

Is this a regional setting? Thanks!
    I'll try to beat him to it: Go into Settings, Cities, Edit and change the city name to whatever you want.