Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help with the command! Here's what I did, I changed the positioning a bit and added a small % for the rain on the top right. It still looks kinda out of place... I'll keep thinking about it...

But here's how it looks!

Last edited by Pibe38; 10/17/2006 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Thanks for the help with the command! Here's what I did, I changed the positioning a bit and added a small % for the rain on the top right. It still looks kinda out of place... I'll keep thinking about it...

But here's how it looks!

neat idea with the % rain.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    If I ever get a good amount of free time. I would like to make a panel combining Stealth-240/Malatesta popup combo_2 & Simple-240/Malatesta-City.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

But here's how it looks!

How about like this?

Greg
    Last edited by GregE; 11/17/2006 at 03:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I tried that Greg, but the minute the weather changes to Mostly Cloudy like on my screen... the whole line will be too long and won't fit
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I thought I saw mine say that earlier and it fit but I must be wrong. Right now I'm just cloudy.

Hmmmm How about taking the "Rain" off so it would just be "69 - Mostly Cloudy, 10%". Personally, I like it in this area better than where you had it.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    for some reason my icons cuts out. i see half of the sun, and half of the year.
    I have the exact same issue.
    I'm only running the default icon pack.

as a sidenote, amazing job guys. I can't believe I bought spb weather a couple of weeks ago.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I have the exact same issue.
    I'm only running the default icon pack.

as a sidenote, amazing job guys. I can't believe I bought spb weather a couple of weeks ago.
    Can you show us a pic?
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Can you show us a pic?
    sometimes the obvious is the last place I look

my long date format was too long, including the full name of the day of the week and my town name was too long (although not abnormally so - Silver Spring). Even taking out the space, with today's conditions 50 Rain Shower the 5 of the 50 is pushed into the icon. Either a smaller icon or smaller font would solve it. ...or better weather.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    sometimes the obvious is the last place I look

my long date format was too long, including the full name of the day of the week and my town name was too long (although not abnormally so - Silver Spring). Even taking out the space, with today's conditions 50 Rain Shower the 5 of the 50 is pushed into the icon. Either a smaller icon or smaller font would solve it. ...or better weather.
    You can make your icon smaller. Try changing

;IMAGE
    #CURRENTICON#
    to
    ;IMAGE
    #CURRENTICON-MINI#
    If you're using an icon set with mini-icons in it (like default) the icon will be 16x16 instead of 32x32.

Then you can re-adjust things...
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Pibe38 - would you share that lay out with some of us techo challenged folks, like me??
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Good idea! And it actually inspired me to do it a little differently... let me know if you like it...

This is the first theme, now renamed Malatesta popup combo_2_cornerrain

And the idea I got from GregE's post looks like this (Malatesta popup combo_2_rain is the file name)...

They are both included on the attached ZIP file... it's just minor modification and I wanted to give credit to the original author, so that's the reasoning behind the names.

Just copy the file(s) to your Marsware\WeatherPanel\Themes\Stealth-240 folder and change it within WP's settings.

EDIT: Keep in mind your specific city name may need to be moved to look 'centered' above the popup icons since my city name is only 3 letters (I use airport codes). To do this just open the WPL file with a text editor (Notepad, Pocket Word) and find for the #CITY# value.

On the line below, the first value(currently 138) will designate the position. If you want to move it to the left, make the value smaller; if you want to move it to the right, make the value larger.

Let me know if you need help! I'm no expert a I said, these are basic changes

Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    Pibe38 - would you share that lay out with some of us techo challenged folks, like me??
    Do you mean the WeatherPanel layout? If that's the case, it's on the ZIP file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pibe38; 10/17/2006 at 05:34 PM.
    Neat changes guys!

My only concern is this:

"Showers in the vicinity" combined with Temp/%Rain may not all fit on that one line (in fact it didn't when I tried it), but for most weather conditions it should be okay.

Just a heads up.

I ended up just replacing TIME with CITY, with just Current Conditions on the 2nd line.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Neat changes guys!

My only concern is this:

"Showers in the vicinity" combined with Temp/%Rain may not all fit on that one line (in fact it didn't when I tried it), but for most weather conditions it should be okay.

Just a heads up.
    Thanks, I figured I'd have to play it by ear since I have not seen all the different weather conditions with the #TEXT# value.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    And the idea I got from GregE's post looks like this (Malatesta popup combo_2_rain is the file name)...

I like it. Great job.

EDIT: Keep in mind your specific city name may need to be moved to look 'centered' above the popup icons since my city name is only 3 letters (I use airport codes). To do this just open the WPL file with a text editor (Notepad, Pocket Word) and find for the #CITY# value.
    I think the city is centered so it should be ok. I did have to make my city name smaller because I had city, state so that might be something you have to do.

Greg
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    In the sake of making more space available what do you all think about this...

Just moved the icons to the top, and the city name to the bottom and a little to the right...

It's attached...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    In the sake of making more space available what do you all think about this...

Just moved the icons to the top, and the city name to the bottom and a little to the right...

It's attached...
    How about putting all of that on one line command and just letting it center.

;TEXT
    #FEELSLIKETEMP#/#RAIN#% - #TEXT# - #CITY#
    31,18,154,13,C
    Tahoma,12,BOLD SHADOW,255-255-255

Greg
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    That's a good idea too, but the text size of the CITY is smaller than the TEMP/RAIN/TEXT on my themes. But that's an option too... I'll test it out later :d
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I forgot about that. I have another idea for a different twist that I will try tomorrow.

Greg
    Since installing weather panel and the stealth 240 themes, apps that have been launched no longer appear in the start menu shortcuts on top. Any one else getting this?
    Last edited by littlewaywelt; 10/18/2006 at 07:15 AM.