Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 813
  1. #321  
    SprintJunkie, just delete those two font files and do a soft reset, that should solve it.
  2. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintJunkie View Post
    yeah I just tried that...didnt work for me. i am so annoyed lol. I did a hard reset. Installed WP, then changed the font extentions, and still I get a weird font. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DELETE them
  3. Pibe38's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    #323  
    Wow wow wow! Thank you! This is awesome! Time to go my 700wx again and change it, lol!

    Re: fonts... if you don't get the block text then what font do you get? Could you post a screenshot?
  4. #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Well, I’m finally done eating that Ho Ho . Thanks to Malatesta for turning us on to the Stealth theme. Here’s a modified version that looks better - and fits our device.


    Stealth-240 WeatherPanel theme
    Based on the STEALTH theme, developed by Ken of WeatherPanel.net fame. The original theme can be found here.
    Changes:

    So many I’m not even going to go into it. If you’ve used the old one, you’ll definitely notice the difference. This package includes Malatesta’s Malatesta popup combo layout, plus a modified version of it called Malatesta popup combo_2.
    How to install it:

    Download the attached file and unzip it. Copy the Stealth-240 folder (and files) to your device at \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes (Note: there's a readme file in the zip with more detailed instructions). Then enter the WeatherPanel setup and change the theme to Stealth-240 and, select one of the Stealth layouts,
    What it looks like:

    Malatesta popup combo_2.wpl layout on both a light and dark Today theme. As you can see, it disappears on the black theme (still looks good though):


    -


    I added little “stealth” icons to perform the pop-up functions. Here’s a legend:



    1. Hidden settings button
    2. Change city (up)
    3. Change city (down)
    4. Information icon – forecast pop-up
    5. Graph icon – graphs pop-up
    6. Radar icon – radar pop-up
    7. Refresh
    Other updated layouts include Stealth and Stealth 4cast:




    When you click on the date, it cycles through other variations:


    -


    This layout is included in Stealth 4cast (for those with REALLY good eyes):




    Pics of the improved pop-up windows on the next post...
    for some reason my icons cuts out. i see half of the sun, and half of the year.
  5. storyr's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    for some reason my icons cuts out. i see half of the sun, and half of the year.
    It could be your icon set. Try the default icons to see it they work correctly. This theme uses regular icons (32x32) and mini icons (16x16).

    When you say half the year, do you mean the year displayed in the date - as in this layout?:
    The date is displayed depending on how you're long date format is configured in your regional settings. If it's too long, it will get cut off. To check, go to Start -> Settings -> System -> Regional Settings -> Date tab

    If neither of these are what you mean, post a screen shot!
  6. #326  
    can people not "quote" whole messages when they are half a page long? seriously what's the point.

    and xplod4202, could you be more specific? what theme are you using, what icons? come on, need more info here.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7. storyr's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    can people not "quote" whole messages when they are half a page long? seriously what's the point.
    I suppose part of this is my fault for creating such "large" posts. I'll try to consider this if I post any new themes...
  8. #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    I suppose part of this is my fault for creating such "large" posts. I'll try to consider this if I post any new themes...
    bah, your posts are fine! (and well formatted ) don't change them.

    I think people when responding just need to be a little more frugal about how much they quote, I mean they can edit the quote down or take the pics out when responding, I do it all the time...

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. #329  
    This is really kicking my ****. I've been trying to set up a 7 day forecast with the radar below. I used the detaled-extended.wpl and lengthened the plugin height. I copied the command from the radar plugin and initially assigned the x,y,W-width,height as 0,110,W-0,100 accordingly . I tried 30 times to move the radar to the desired place but the results are completely unpredictable. I must not be understanding the string of values correctly.
  10. storyr's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    This is really kicking my ****. I've been trying to set up a 7 day forecast with the radar below. I used the detaled-extended.wpl and lengthened the plugin height. I copied the command from the radar plugin and initially assigned the x,y,W-width,height as 0,110,W-0,100 accordingly . I tried 30 times to move the radar to the desired place but the results are completely unpredictable. I must not be understanding the string of values correctly.
    Which theme is Detailed-Extended.wpl in?

    One thing I notice about your positioning of 0,110,W-0,100

    y is at 110 - that's 110 pixels down from the top of the plug-in. That may be correct - for a really big plug-in! The height is 100, which puts the bottom of whatever you're positioning at 220. On a "normally configured" Today screen, there's only about 145 pixels of height available!

    W-0: there's no need to specify 0 if you intend to use the full width (just use W)
  11. #331  
    Sorry, default-expanded.wpl.

    The plugin was already 108 high, I think,,,, so I lengthened it to 220 High. I always have vertical scroll bar anyway.
  12. Pibe38's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    #332  
    How dows the W command work? I wanted to move some icons on the the new set but didn't seem to work. If I want to move an icon to the left and it's at W-52, do I make the number higher or lower? Thanks!
  13. storyr's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Sorry, default-expanded.wpl.

    The plugin was already 108 high, I think,,,, so I lengthened it to 220 High. I always have vertical scroll bar anyway.
    OK, I understand now. What is the unpredictable behavior you're seeing?

    If you zip and upload your .wpl file on a post, I'd be happy to take a look at it for you...
  14. storyr's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    How dows the W command work? I wanted to move some icons on the the new set but didn't seem to work. If I want to move an icon to the left and it's at W-52, do I make the number higher or lower? Thanks!
    The W positioning element constant is used mainly to allow themes to work in both portrait and landscape modes - not of much use for our device.

    It does come into play however, when the Today screen displays a scroll bar - the width is decreased by the width of the scroll bar. If an element is to be pinned to the right side of the screen, and you use W for the x position, it will move to the left when a scroll bar shows up.

    For items to be pinned to the left side of the screen, use absolute positioning (a number).

    In your example, your icon at W-52 will move left when you increase the number:
    x = W-52 = 240 - 52 = 188 or 189 pixels from the left edge (remember, x starts at zero)

    x = W-60 = 240 - 60 = 180 or 181 pixels from the left edge of the screen
    Here's a link to the WeatherPanel layout guide wiki. It's kind of sparse, but it's a good introduction.

    Hope that helps...
  15. #335  
    sorry i won't quote long posts any more, lol. Did i missed it or this new pop up doesn't have %rain? how can i add this?
  16. storyr's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    sorry i won't quote long posts any more, lol. Did i missed it or this new pop up doesn't have %rain? how can i add this?
    On the pop-up: it shows Precip --%

    It also shows on the graphs...
  17. #337  
    awesome thx.
  18. #338  
    OK, good news! The font problem is OVER!

    I installed the simple 240 theme pack and I have one, I dont remember what the name is on the screen. I cant figure out how to get back into the settings to change it lol. It has the information laid out like this

    Monday, october 16th, 2006
    lake tahoe, ca: 35 Rain 30%/Hum

    Any help here now? lol I am sorry to be such a pain...
  19. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintJunkie View Post
    OK, good news! The font problem is OVER!

    I installed the simple 240 theme pack and I have one, I dont remember what the name is on the screen. I cant figure out how to get back into the settings to change it lol. It has the information laid out like this

    Monday, october 16th, 2006
    lake tahoe, ca: 35 Rain 30%/Hum

    Any help here now? lol I am sorry to be such a pain...
    If the settings button isn't there (sometimes it's hidden in the upper left corner), go to your Today screen settings and select WeatherPanel. Then click the Options button to get to the settings.

    Greg
  20. #340  
    Thank You!

Posting Permissions