Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I used to LOVE weatherpanel. Now I just use my google homepage for weather and mobile weather.com for radar and other things.
    way to kill a thread
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol, oh I'll enjoy!

Now go take a break man! I think you have an addiction!

Shoot, I was going to post a modifed (butchered) Stealth theme...but daaamn, this is much better.
    post it!
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I used to LOVE weatherpanel. Now I just use my google homepage for weather and mobile weather.com for radar and other things.
    Party-pooper! No Today plug-in, no glory!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    post it!
    Fine fine...

Okay, so this is a modified version of Ken's 'STEALTH' theme which is included in this pack.

Here's how it works:

This theme is actually the first line with the Date and Time

But where's the weather? Ahhh...tap on the date:

Now you get the Current Real Feel Temp, the current conditions with % of rain and at the very end (extreme right) you'll see a tiny "F". Now tap that little box...

And wala! The full forecast and all that good stuff.

So just extract all the contents to \weather panel\themes or whatever.

Mine is called "Malatesta rotate". Dumb name I know but I wasn't planning on releasing this. Obviously I aim for clean and simple!

--> basically I deleted the Grey directory

my files: malatesta current .wpx and malatesta rotate.wpl NEED to under

\Themes\STEALTH
    So you might have to move those two files.

Personally, I'd like the "Popup" weather box/fonts to be bigger but I don't feel like learning how to modify all that stuff. If anyone wants to take a shot, that'd be great.

Also too bad you need your stylus to "tap". Would be nice if WP had 5-way support.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Malatesta; 10/12/2006 at 01:31 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Can I just say I almost drooled... I didn't know about these capabilities!

Thanks everyone for sharing all their hard work... I wish I knew how to even manipulate these files. The only thing I did was to move the icon the Malatesta-Date a little to the left so that it would fit on PB's tab... and that was an accomplishment for me!
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    dude if I was marsware I would come back out of retirement
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Uhmm I'm having an issue... it won't open the window with the details, it says it's waiting for the SD card or there's a file path error. Since I'm not running it from the card it's gotta be a path error.

Any ideas... I created a new folder under WeatherPanel\Themes where all the contents were unzipped...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Uhmm I'm having an issue... it won't open the window with the details, it says it's waiting for the SD card or there's a file path error. Since I'm not running it from the card it's gotta be a path error.

Any ideas... I created a new folder under WeatherPanel\Themes where all the contents were unzipped...
    it's nothing on your end as I've seen this too...

basically, it goes away eventually. I think it's one of those bugs that will never be fixed

but give it a bit or do a 'refresh' on the weather if possible and see if it works. sometimes it's just an error in pulling the radar maps, etc.

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Will keep trying, but no go so far... :'(
    Storyr that is excelent!!! No need for me to finish hacking my own out. Yours has all I was going for.....Thanks,,,, now I can get back to Patho/Phys,,,,, shame...... this was much more fun
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

it's nothing on your end as I've seen this too...

basically, it goes away eventually. I think it's one of those bugs that will never be fixed

but give it a bit or do a 'refresh' on the weather if possible and see if it works. sometimes it's just an error in pulling the radar maps, etc.
    I was having this issue while working on Tabs-240. This may sound weird, but I found that re-copying the files to the device took care of the problem.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Fine fine...

Okay, so this is a modified version of Ken's 'STEALTH' theme which is included in this pack.
    Also too bad you need your stylus to "tap". Would be nice if WP had 5-way support.
    Good job Malatesta! That truly is stealth. It also demonstrates the pop-up capability of WP. I haven't loaded it yet - does everything seem to fit the Treo, or does it need to be Treo-fitted?

Regarding your statement on 5-way support: If Bruce at pocketMax ever gets buttonMax ported to WM5, we could start recording stylus actions and assign them to hardware buttons...
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Good job Malatesta! That truly is stealth. It also demonstrates the pop-up capability of WP. I haven't loaded it yet - does everything seem to fit the Treo, or does it need to be Treo-fitted?

Regarding your statement on 5-way support: If Bruce at pocketMax ever gets buttonMax ported to WM5, we could start recording stylus actions and assign them to hardware buttons...
    Hey storyr,

Everything actually fits...but if anything it's too small so it could be stretched probably about 20 pixels horizontally and 30+ pixels vertically to make everything easier to read. Right now it's useable and legible but it'd probably look better larger, I mean it's just a popup, why not?

as far as button max that's an interesting option. I just tried of AEB+ could do something similiar and it doesn't look like it.

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I'm starting to think there really is something wrong with the path...

This is what it looks like...
    In \Marsware\WeatherPanel\Themes\STEALTHALERTQVGA\ I have the malatesta current .wpx and malatesta rotate.wpl plus the STEALTH AND STEALTH GRAY directories.

I had to copy the wpx and wpl files into the STEALTHALERTQVGA so that WP could read the skin file. I feel there's something wrong though... I'll look up into it later, but wanted to post in case someone saw my mistake in a faster way
    I'm starting to think there really is something wrong with the path...

This is what it looks like...
    In \Marsware\WeatherPanel\Themes\STEALTHALERTQVGA\ I have the malatesta current .wpx and malatesta rotate.wpl plus the STEALTH AND STEALTH GRAY directories.

I had to copy the wpx and wpl files into the STEALTHALERTQVGA so that WP could read the skin file. I feel there's something wrong though... I'll look up into it later, but wanted to post in case someone saw my mistake in a faster way

Pibe38,

I agree, I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to figure it out too. Thanks for the heads up and awesome stealth plugin!

Good job on this one...gives me more room other plugins for my "squared screen"..
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    ah, to be honest I forgot about the seperate directories and just dumped my files into that zip.

this is how I have it:

basically I deleted the Grey directory

my files: malatesta current .wpx and malatesta rotate.wpl are under

\Themes\STEALTH

See if that helps.

ah, to be honest I forgot about the seperate directories and just dumped my files into that zip.

this is how I have it:

basically I deleted the Grey directory

my files: malatesta current .wpx and malatesta rotate.wpl are under

\Themes\STEALTH

See if that helps.
    That was the fix! Thanks! You're not kidding about the popup being a bit small... lol..

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    That was the fix! Thanks! You're not kidding about the popup being a bit small... lol..

-Oly
    cool. I modded the post on this explaining that. Maybe when I get a chance later I'll actually mod the zip file...

Yeah, it is small. I mean, it's legible but it'd be better bigger and maybe with a clear font. Calling Storyr!

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Folks, thanks again for all the hard work you all have done to make this app more usable on the Treo 700W. I have been using the recent 240X240 themes (the layout is S240-Storyr-2.wpl) posted a few weeks ago, and loving it!
    I did have one question, and that was on the weather alert popup, I have white letters on a light beige background. This is next to impossible to read while outside, and was wondering if anyone knew which file to edit, and how to change the font color and background to something more legible. Thanks in advance again, for all your help!
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    cool. I modded the post on this explaining that. Maybe when I get a chance later I'll actually mod the zip file...

Yeah, it is small. I mean, it's legible but it'd be better bigger and maybe with a clear font. Calling Storyr!
    Oh gawd! Another weekend down the tubes

I'm on it like a fat kid on a Ho Ho...