Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    There is actually an option to do this in the WeatherPanel settings (Display tab) however since this app is not made fully 240x240 compatible, you cannot see it as it is cut off. There may be a regkey that you can manually change it but I haven't found it.
    I've found a way to get to all of the WeatherPanel settings.

If you access the options via the Today screen settings, you'll get scroll bars on the setting pages and can scroll down to the additional settings.

To get there, go to :

• Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Today
    • Select the Items tab
    • Highlight the WeatherPanel plugin, and click the Options button
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Great find! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    What it is:

Simple-240 - An updated WeatherPanel theme to fit the Treo's 240x240 screen resolution. If you use the Default theme, then you've probably noticed some of the weather screens are too wide or long for the Treo's screen.
    What's different about it:

Instead of designing a whole new them, I modified the Default theme files to fit the Treo 700 - while attempting to maintain the original look (which I prefer over the look of the Finis-240 theme).
    How I did it:

I determined which files WeatherPanel was using to display the screens (both graphic and layout files). Next, I altered the graphic files the best I could - no flaming from graphics artists please! I then rearranged the layouts to fit.
    What it contains:

It contains updated graphics and layout files, plus most of the Today screen layout files that have been posted in this thread by myself, Malatesta and Treonated.
    How to install it:

Download the attached file and upzip it. Copy the Simple-240 folder (and files) to your device at \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes. Then enter the WeatherPanel setup and change the theme to Simple-240 and, select on of the Simple-240 layouts (if you want - any Default layout will work too).

UPDATE: Make sure you copy the Simple-240 folder "as is". Don't copy the files into the Defailt folder.
    What it looks like:

Summary:

I'm going to go get a life now...
    before i installed that, i had asmost 30mb of free ram, after i installed it i am down to 13. now is all of it really takes all that much? i deleted all but one .wlp file that i am using and i am still down to 13. Whats the deal?
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    before i installed that, i had asmost 30mb of free ram, after i installed it i am down to 13. now is all of it really takes all that much? i deleted all but one .wlp file that i am using and i am still down to 13. Whats the deal?
    This theme only uses 186K - assuming you just copied the folder to your Themes directory on your device.

I would suspect something else... Have you tried a soft reset to see if anything "clears out"?
    by soft you mean taking the batt out. yes i did. i also loaded a new theme, i'll have to check how big that is. would a bad sync couse the lost of that much memorry. cous i just deleted the theme, and all the rest of the unused files, and its still at 13 something.
    Last edited by xplod4202; 10/10/2006 at 01:52 PM.
    I downloaded and installed weather panel. I set up my city and then oked through everything else. Now I am unable to get into the settings again. I tap on the screen and hold and my device beeps at me. If I tap on the screen then another screen comes up and it has a little arrow on it so I click on the arrow and it gives me an option "Go into WeatherPanel settings". When I click this nothing happens. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or know how to change the settings for weather panel? I tried reinstalling but that didn't fix anything.

Thank you
    I downloaded and installed weather panel. I set up my city and then oked through everything else. Now I am unable to get into the settings again. I tap on the screen and hold and my device beeps at me. If I tap on the screen then another screen comes up and it has a little arrow on it so I click on the arrow and it gives me an option "Go into WeatherPanel settings". When I click this nothing happens. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or know how to change the settings for weather panel? I tried reinstalling but that didn't fix anything.

Thank you
    nevermind. I figured out how to get to the options through the today settings screen. Thank you anyways.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Thanks for the 240 theme! It's great being able to see the radar and other info when it fits!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    I need help.

I can't figure out where x=0, y=0 and the uses for 2 versus 4 values.

I read the wiki at wp, I coppied existing graphic coordinates form several wpl files and tried to uderstand their location when viewing the plugin but all the experimenting I've done so far has unpredictable results.

I see others have asked the same question at wp but received a "just play with it" response.

So w=width and 100 is 240 then why does W-100 only cover from center over?

Instead of me asking 20 q's could someone point me in the right direction to get a handle on plugin layout?
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    I need help.

I can't figure out where x=0, y=0 and the uses for 2 versus 4 values.

I read the wiki at wp, I coppied existing graphic coordinates form several wpl files and tried to uderstand their location when viewing the plugin but all the experimenting I've done so far has unpredictable results.

I see others have asked the same question at wp but received a "just play with it" response.

So w=width and 100 is 240 then why does W-100 only cover from center over?

Instead of me asking 20 q's could someone point me in the right direction to get a handle on plugin layout?
    I'm updating a theme right now. As far as W and H go, W is always 240 on the Treo. H is equal to the height of your plug-in (example: ;HEIGHT 60).

Example: If I wanted to draw a white rectangle around the entire area (no fill), indented two pixels on each side, it would look like this:

;DRAW
    LINE BRUSHCOLOR-NULL PENCOLOR-255-255-255 WIDTH-0
    2,2,W-4,H-4

This equates to: 3 pixels from the left (remember, x and y start at zero), 3 pixels from the top, 236 pixels wide (240 - 4) and ? pixels tall (depends on height).

Other examples:

;TEXT
    DETAIL
    41,1,38,12,C
    Tahoma,10,UPPERCASE,TODAY

41 = the x position, or 41 pixels from the left (starting at zero)
    1 = the y position, or 1 pixel from the top (starting at zero)
    38 = the width - 38 pixels wide
    12 = the height - 12 pixels tall

;IMAGE
    #ICON-MINI#

25 = the x position, or 25 pixels from the left (starting at zero)
    21 = the y position, or 21 pixels from the top (starting at zero)
    Note: Icons are 32x32 pixels, mini-icons are 16x16 pixels

If my math's off a little, don't flame me
    Last edited by storyr; 10/11/2006 at 05:05 PM.
    This is so cool, I've been using WP forever and just realized you can actually customize it. I personally haven't found a skin that I like so I tweaked my own (with help from existing skins), something that takes very little screen real estate with the info I want.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TreoCerts; 10/11/2006 at 05:13 PM.
    Thanks a ton. That cleared up a lot of confusion.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    What it is:

Tabs-240 - An updated WeatherPanel theme to fit the Treo's 240x240 screen resolution. This one is based on a theme called TABS, developed by Ken of WeatherPanel.net fame. Here is a link to the original theme.

1. I added two new Today theme files (based on TabsSmall theme already part of the package): TabsSmaller(black).wpl and TabsSmaller(clear).wpl. I compacted them as much as I could (60 pixel height), and improved the "tab" drawing. I also removed the radar tab - there just isn't room to show graphics here.

What makes these different is they each have "tabs" - you can change the Today plug-in display just by clicking on them. The Graphs tab shows a 24 hourly view of temperature, humidity and chance of precipitation.

2. I reformatted the Detail screens to fit 240x240. A couple are copied from Simple-240. They were "simply" better than what was already there. The real difference is the stats screen. It is also tabbed, and gives you four different views of the stats.

Note: The settings menu is hidden in each tab. Just click on an already-select tab and you'll get the WeatherPanel settings menu.

How to install it:

Download the attached file and unzip it. Copy the Tabs-240 folder (and files) to your device at \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes (Note: there's a readme file in the zip with more detailed instructions). Then enter the WeatherPanel setup and change the theme to Tabs-240 and, select one of the Tabs-240 layouts (such as TabsSmaller(clear).wpl)

What it looks like:

TabsSmaller(black).wpl and TabsSmaller(clear).wpl:

The other tabs (Main tab is shown above):

To get the settings menu, click on the selected tab:

More views on the next post...

Update 11/01/2006:
    Added Rain % to TabsSmaller layouts (black, clear & clear2).
    Added new layout: TabsSmaller(clear2) - dark gray borders
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by storyr; 11/01/2006 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Updated attached zip file
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    More screenshots of the Tabs-240 WeatherPanel theme:

Detail screens - Current, Forecast and Summary (basically copied from Simple-240, but improved):

Detail screens - Radar and Compare (copied from Simple-240 also):

Here's the sweet part - tabbed stats screen:

ENJOY!
    lol, oh I'll enjoy!

Now go take a break man! I think you have an addiction!

Shoot, I was going to post a modifed (butchered) Stealth theme...but daaamn, this is much better.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I'm updating a theme right now. As far as W and H go, W is always 240 on the Treo. H is equal to the height of your plug-in (example: ;HEIGHT 60).

Example: If I wanted to draw a white rectangle around the entire area (no fill), indented two pixels on each side, it would look like this:

;DRAW
    LINE BRUSHCOLOR-NULL PENCOLOR-255-255-255 WIDTH-0
    2,2,W-4,H-4

This equates to: 3 pixels from the left (remember, x and y start at zero), 3 pixels from the top, 236 pixels wide (240 - 4) and ? pixels tall (depends on height).

Other examples:

;TEXT
    DETAIL
    41,1,38,12,C
    Tahoma,10,UPPERCASE,TODAY

41 = the x position, or 41 pixels from the left (starting at zero)
    1 = the y position, or 1 pixel from the top (starting at zero)
    38 = the width - 38 pixels wide
    12 = the height - 12 pixels tall

;IMAGE
    #ICON-MINI#

25 = the x position, or 25 pixels from the left (starting at zero)
    21 = the y position, or 21 pixels from the top (starting at zero)
    Note: Icons are 32x32 pixels, mini-icons are 16x16 pixels

If my math's off a little, don't flame me
    Great information. I've been looking for this.

Greg
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Truly amazing what you have done!

Thanks,

Bob
    What it is:

Tabs-240 - An updated WeatherPanel theme to fit the Treo's 240x240 screen resolution. This one is based on a theme called TABS, developed by Ken of WeatherPanel.net fame. Here is a link to the original theme.

1. I added two new Today theme files (based on TabsSmall theme already part of the package): TabsSmaller(black).wpl and TabsSmaller(clear).wpl. I compacted them as much as I could (60 pixel height), and improved the "tab" drawing. I also removed the radar tab - there just isn't room to show graphics here.

What makes these different is they each have "tabs" - you can change the Today plug-in display just by clicking on them. The Graphs tab shows a 24 hourly view of temperature, humidity and chance of precipitation.

2. I reformatted the Detail screens to fit 240x240. A couple are copied from Simple-240. They were "simply" better than what was already there. The real difference is the stats screen. It is also tabbed, and gives you four different views of the stats.

Note: The settings menu is hidden in each tab. Just click on an already-select tab and you'll get the WeatherPanel settings menu.

How to install it:

Download the attached file and unzip it. Copy the Tabs-240 folder (and files) to your device at \Program Files\MarsWare\WeatherPanel\Themes (Note: there's a readme file in the zip with more detailed instructions). Then enter the WeatherPanel setup and change the theme to Tabs-240 and, select one of the Tabs-240 layouts (such as TabsSmaller(clear).wpl)

What it looks like:

TabsSmaller(black).wpl and TabsSmaller(clear).wpl:

The other tabs (Main tab is shown above):

To get the settings menu, click on the selected tab:

More views on the next post...
    That looks great storyr!
    I used to LOVE weatherpanel. Now I just use my google homepage for weather and mobile weather.com for radar and other things.