Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FDLuke View Post
    I located the files that are to be deleted to remove the block text. I hit delete and it tells me there is a sharing violation. I've tried deleting from the phone and also from activesync. How do i get around this?
    Try changing the theme to something other than Default (like Simple-240!) and change the layout to something other than a Default layout.

I just deleted the files from my device with no problem using the above method...
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    Kash76, I said it takes me 1 hour, which it does I don't have that much stuff on my 700wx right now, so re-installing about 7-8 things and re-syncing takes about 1 hour. No biggie, but like I said, I'm glad I found this out now and not when I needed it, because then I'd be screwed. For the time being WP stays off so that I can successfully backup and restore.

Are there other people using something besides Sprite that can confirm that a full backup and restore with WP works ?

I was jealous that it only takes you an hour. I have too much crap on mine! I also use SPB Backup. I like their products. I don't think that I have restored with WP though.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    FDLuke I just deleted the files by disabling the plugin, power off device, wait 15 seconds, soft reset with magic button, delete files, power off device, wait 15 seconds, soft reset with magic button, enable plugin.

Can't hurt to be cautious.

And I can also confirm that the start up delay after a reset is gone!!!

Also does anyone know if there is a way to include a run down paragraph of the days weather in the program. You know, when you tap the plugin it takes you to the multi page view. It would be nice if one of those pages gave a paragraph detailing the weather of next 24 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Russ,

Copy the WeatherPanel-Trial.arm.cab to your Treo and then run it from the Treo. You don't need to unzip the cab file. That's the install file for a Treo.

Greg
    Greg, Thanks for your reply, it worked fine that way.

Russ
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    FDLuke I just deleted the files by disabling the plugin, power off device, wait 15 seconds, soft reset with magic button, delete files, power off device, wait 15 seconds, soft reset with magic button, enable plugin.

Can't hurt to be cautious.

And I can also confirm that the start up delay after a reset is gone!!!

Also does anyone know if there is a way to include a run down paragraph of the days weather in the program. You know, when you tap the plugin it takes you to the multi page view. It would be nice if one of those pages gave a paragraph detailing the weather of next 24 hours.
    1) I find it weird that I don't have those 2 files at all on my device or that folder. I wonder if they install when you run the default layout? Strange.

2) Along the lines of what your asking, I wonder if there is a way to "link" directly to that sub-screen, specifcally the Week's Weather (3rd/Middle icon).

I'd love to map that to a hard key so I can just pop up that great screen (or any other). Not sure if there are command lines for that or what...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    Since I've got my feet wet re-creating a WP theme (Simple-240), I could give this a shot.

You're saying the next 24 hours? I'm not sure where I could fit it, but the Detail Current screen might work, or as Malatest said, the Detail Forcast (the six day view).

What would you like to see on it? Temp, % hum, ?
    Ya, I was hoping there was a theme that allowed a link (kinda like the radar link), to a 24 hour detailed rundown. Something that gave not just highs, lows % chance of rain. More like temp and % per hour. There was a java program written by G-funkster that did this.
    pleae help,
    i try weatherpanel for a week and went to purchased on the marsware web site
    it went thru paypal so it was paid and directed me to a page to download but the problem is it wont let me on that page with out a user account and i cannot figure out how to register for the user account dont seem to be any options
    any suggestions from others with expierence would be very welcome
    joel
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    that was very kind of you to buy the software but the developer has gone missing and the trial never expires.
    Kash76

i had no clue ,but i still believe in compensating people for there work plus im loving the program
    thanks for your response
    Not sure if people know about this here:

Here are a bunch of themes for WP here:
    http://pixel.citadel.org/weatherpane...Custom_Layouts

I gotta say...I just tried out "Stealth" and it's pretty darn cool. Haven't seen what limitations there are but I'm impressed!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Hey, no sweat. Just was twlling you probably not to expect a key.
    Kash76

Thanks Mal,

I look forward to checking that out after this semester is over
    I like the idea here...but can someone point me to the most basic of skins? I dont want it taking over my today screen, but its a great concept!
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintJunkie View Post
    I like the idea here...but can someone point me to the most basic of skins? I dont want it taking over my today screen, but its a great concept!
    Download the Simple-240 .zip file attached earlier on this thread. It has some of the original themes and some very simple ones modified to fit the Treo's screen. Very fine work...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quick question. Has anyone found a way to have multiple cities, but not cycle through automatically? I'd like the option to view other cities, but keep a default city by, um, default and then just select a saved city when I want to view it.

Thanks everyone for the hard work on the themes!
    Quote Originally Posted by dersgniw View Post
    Quick question. Has anyone found a way to have multiple cities, but not cycle through automatically? I'd like the option to view other cities, but keep a default city by, um, default and then just select a saved city when I want to view it.

Thanks everyone for the hard work on the themes!
    There is actually an option to do this in the WeatherPanel settings (Display tab) however since this app is not made fully 240x240 compatible, you cannot see it as it is cut off. There may be a regkey that you can manually change it but I haven't found it.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a screenshot of this setting? I can cursor down to it probably if I know what to do when I get there.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Ok, some experimenting and I believe I got it to work. There must be a couple of check boxes. One must be for the cycling. Not sure what the other is (anyone)?

So, to turn off cycling, go to settings, click display, then click theme twice (to select then close the dropdown). Now hit the D pad to go down once, then click the center of the pad.

Also, on the cities page, if you D pad down twice after the "Up" button, there are some basic options.

Thanks hamsup1o for the idea.

So, what IS that other checkbox for?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Download the Simple-240 .zip file attached earlier on this thread. It has some of the original themes and some very simple ones modified to fit the Treo's screen. Very fine work...
    Can anybody make that into a cab file? I installed Weather Panel for my brother in law but I'd like to give him this too and it would be so much easier to send him the cab file and install it.

Greg