Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/?en

I use SPB also. I never could get sprite to even display correctly on my 6700
    Ok, so that's 2 people that use SPB, BUT can you confirm that you can do a full back up and full restore with WP installed and that everything is 100% fine after the restore, because Sprite completley messes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    Ok, so that's 2 people that use SPB, BUT can you confirm that you can do a full back up and full restore with WP installed and that everything is 100% fine after the restore, because Sprite completley messes up.
    I'm at work/school now so I won't be trying this (if at all) till late tonight since I don't have any synching abilitity here to restore my files if something goes wrong, but I'm willing to bet that it will work. Just give it a shot since you want to know so bad!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Hehehehe, I will, tonight. At work right now so it's a little hard to do it here

But I thought that other people would be interested in this also, especially those using Sprite.
    I'm 99% sure that I've done a backup and restore with Sprite and WP and it didn't fry the device.

One other thing--the trick earlier in this thread about solving the block font problem associated with the plugin also seems to have really improved the start up delay created by the WP plugin that was also noted above. Anyone else confirm this?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I don't know if anyone has seen these icons on Marsware's site: http://www.marsware.net/WeatherPanel/skins.htm

I'm really liking the Stardock Animated set. Thought I'd share just in case...

Also, any word on what I posted earlier? Is it true that WP will work even after the trial has expired since there's no way to purchase it?
    I can confirm that the start-up delay is almost gone now on my 700wx now that I've deleted the two fonts that were causing the block font problem. When the fonts were still there, it could take an extra 30 seconds or so for the phone to fully boot all the way to the today screen.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    I use SPB and have done a couple of full restore and everything restored correctly. I switched to SPB b/c I could not get the back up w/ Sprite to go to the card. I have not had one issue with SPB. I think well worth the money.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Please list the name and location of the fonts that should be deleted
    rfdillion, I believe that's already been done somewhere in this thread. Take a look through.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon View Post
    Please list the name and location of the fonts that should be deleted
    BRADHITC.ttf and Pixel.ttf

They are in the Weather Panel Default Theme folder.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    I posted this previously on PPCGeeks, but thought folks here might be interested in it (cause it's cool!). Many of you may already know how do to this, but if not...

You have to setup WeatherPanel to retrieve radar images from a URL.

In the WeatherPanel settings, select your city and click Edit. Then click the Weather Images button. Choose Add New, then type a name and the URL to the image you want.

I used the URL to one of my local tv station web sites: http://www.king5.com/sharedcontent/n...le-440x330.jpg. Make sure the image is updated on a schedule.

When you find the image you want (in IE on your PC), right-click on it, choose properties, and you'll see it's URL. This is what you type into WeatherPanel. By the way, it doesn't have to be a radar image - it can by any type of image you want - like a web cam or something! For example: Solar system simulator: http://mars1.jpl.nasa.gov/mgs/realtime/odyssey.jpg

Another thing: After WeatherPanel has collected a few images, it displays a little play button on the image. When clicked, it will animate all of the images it has...

I added a couple of images from my local city. It was kind of a pain since I had to actualy type in the URL. I couldn't get a way to paste it in to come up.

Anyway, while doing some other changes yesterday, I noticed a file called radars.txt. I opened it up and it was a listing of the different radar images and their URL's. One line with a name followed by a line with the URL. I added my local ones to the end of the list and saved it and then copied it to my Treo. Then when I was in WeatherPanel, the ones I added were listed so I could just select them.

Greg
    OK, I've been following this thread and finally got to downloading the zip file from post #170. Maybe I'm having some kind of brain cramping but for the life of me I can't get it installed (and I've gone through all 11 pages of posts several times now). The only .cab file is a zip file (WeatherPanel-Trial.arm.cab) and when I unzip it there are no executable or setup file extensions, they are all numerical file extensions. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing/not doing wrong?

BTW, I've been using HappyJack's ADB Weather but it has stopped working recently, that's the reason I'm trying to install WP on my 700w.

Thanks in advance,

Russ
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicaffair View Post
    OK, I've been following this thread and finally got to downloading the zip file from post #170. Maybe I'm having some kind of brain cramping but for the life of me I can't get it installed (and I've gone through all 11 pages of posts several times now). The only .cab file is a zip file (WeatherPanel-Trial.arm.cab) and when I unzip it there are no executable or setup file extensions, they are all numerical file extensions. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing/not doing wrong?

BTW, I've been using HappyJack's ADB Weather but it has stopped working recently, that's the reason I'm trying to install WP on my 700w.

Thanks in advance,

Russ
    Russ,

Copy the WeatherPanel-Trial.arm.cab to your Treo and then run it from the Treo. You don't need to unzip the cab file. That's the install file for a Treo.

Greg
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I installed the new zip file posted here resently. I am using the radar-default theme and still getting blocked text on incomming calls. Any way to get rid of this while using this theme?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Did you delete the 2 fonts that were installed by WeatherPanel? I renamed them first just in case and that fixed it for me.

BRADHITC.ttf and Pixel.ttf

They are in the Weather Panel Default Theme folder.
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Did you delete the 2 fonts that were installed by WeatherPanel? I renamed them first just in case and that fixed it for me.

Greg
    Yes I deleted them (after I saved a copy of them somewhere else.)
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    These are the 2 files to remove to get rid of the blocked text? Just want to be sure.
    Yes.

And removing them also greatly decreases the amount of time your phone takes to recover the Today Screen after a soft reset.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I located the files that are to be deleted to remove the block text. I hit delete and it tells me there is a sharing violation. I've tried deleting from the phone and also from activesync. How do i get around this?