Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I've got an exchange account via a hosted provider. On my PC I have that exchange account checking both the exchange mailbox, and a POP mailbox. When mail comes in from either source, it puts it in the exchange mailbox on my PC. Will the data that comes in from the POP account be pushed out to the 700W the way that the exchange data does?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    I've got an exchange account via a hosted provider. On my PC I have that exchange account checking both the exchange mailbox, and a POP mailbox. When mail comes in from either source, it puts it in the exchange mailbox on my PC. Will the data that comes in from the POP account be pushed out to the 700W the way that the exchange data does?

Thanks.
    No.

The POP mail from the non exchange server is going from the POP server to your desktop. In order for the mail to get pushed it has to go through the exchange server.

If your POP service has forwarding, you can set it to forward you mail to the echange server, then you will get it pushed to the device, but if you reply it will have you exchange address in the sender field.
    Actually, it will show up on your Exchange account as long as your copy of Outlook is working in Online mode. I set this up on a friends exchange account, so that her home PC downloaded several pop3 accounts into her Exchange account using Outlook. She could then access that same email through Outlook Web Access and at work on her other copy of Outlook.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Stroths is correct- i have a POP mailbox forwarding to my exchange account and every once in a while i have to actually download the mail from the pop server to clear it out- and it shows up in my exchange mailbox (duplicated- but i fix that no problem)
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Nice. Thanks for the replies. I've played w/ it today and can verify that if my client is open on my desktop aka logged into exchange, that it will push out the POP accts as well. Too cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Nice. Thanks for the replies. I've played w/ it today and can verify that if my client is open on my desktop aka logged into exchange, that it will push out the POP accts as well. Too cool.
    Interesting I wonder why it doesnt do that for me
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin17 View Post
    Interesting I wonder why it doesnt do that for me
    My two suggestions are:

1. Make sure your Outlook is not working in Offline mode (look at the bottom right-hand corner of your Outlook window).
    2. Make sure your Exchange is your primary account, so that it will deliver new email to it. If you have it set to download to a personal folder, it would not make it to your Exchange folder. See my attachment at the "Deliver new email to" section.

Note: The pic I attached is from my pc, so I don't have pop accounts setup on it. If I did, you would see them in the list of accounts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    My two suggestions are:

1. Make sure your Outlook is not working in Offline mode (look at the bottom right-hand corner of your Outlook window).
    2. Make sure your Exchange is your primary account, so that it will deliver new email to it. If you have it set to download to a personal folder, it would not make it to your Exchange folder. See my attachment at the "Deliver new email to" section.

Note: The pic I attached is from my pc, so I don't have pop accounts setup on it. If I did, you would see them in the list of accounts.
    I echo the above. When I set up my exchange acct i did it via the control panel mail feature. Kinda like a "root" email if you will.