Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I randomly check the task manager on my Treo to see what's open. I close everything there, unless I'm using something at that exact moment.

I thought at first that this would be better for battery life since not as many things would be running, using power, but then I thought that if the programs are running in RAM, they are not calling on the CPU, which drains power.

Is it better to let the programs stay in ram, or should i continue to clear it, if i'm looking to save battery life?
    I'm very confident in saying that programs in the background that are "idle" e.g. not making or maintaing internet connections (like a chat program) will not use any power.

no reason to close them.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    That's what i figured.

But will I see any noticeable battery performance decrease if i close the programs?
    Quote Originally Posted by agreenbhm View Post
    That's what i figured.

But will I see any noticeable battery performance decrease if i close the programs?
    I highly doubt it.

But hey, try it yourself: use a program like acbPowerMeter and measure your mAh outputs w/no programs running and with a ton open but minimized (no active internet apps though! they don't count), then post what you find.

get a baseline reading for 2-3 minutes and see if there is a change.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I'll give this a shot in a bit. Thanks for the tip!

*Random thought*
    I just did the *228 thing with Verizon to update my signal. After it was done and reset the radio of the phone, I had 4 bars , but then a few seconds later it dropped down to two bars again *doh!*.