1.    #1  
    Sorry to put this in here as well but the WMCommunication folder gets almost no looks.

Trying to get some questions answered on YM wanted to know if anyones been using it for a while.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I use it for sync'ing but the messenger app is just a link to the html version.

andy
    I have played around with it. A decent app.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  4.    #4  
    One thing I find to be a pain about it is it seems the send/receive function doesnt work in messaging. You have to do a sync for the mail to send. Is that right? Might be too much of a pain for me, I had Yahoo set up just to send/receive inbox mail and it worked ok.
    I installed the app, but after a day, it still wouldn't let me check e-mail through it. It kept say it was still syncing, try later. I did a couple of soft resets, but it still didn't work. I uninstalled it. I think it's a promising app, but needs to be refined a little.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    one of my major issues was not downloading the right version. from years as a palm user all these WM versions make my head spin!
    I had started another thread on the same topic. I installed it, was thrilled bcoz this was the near IMAP type solution that GMAIL offers - meaning my SENT mails are synced with the online account. a few days later the cprog.exe file got corrupted while I was syncing. I ended up doing a hard reset. for me it is too good an application to give up so easily. hence I installed it again and it has been 5 days and everything is working in order. one thing I haven't been able to figure out is that sometimes updates I make in me yahoo address book online updates the treo contacts list and sometimes it does not. I wish yahoo answered that questio. better yet, wish yahoo actually read this forum to solve many of the email problems.
  8.    #8  
    pj - does the send/receive function work within the messaging program itself or am I correct than in order to s/r you have to go into the Yahoo program and run a conncetion/sync?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmidnight View Post
    Sorry to put this in here as well but the WMCommunication folder gets almost no looks.

Trying to get some questions answered on YM wanted to know if anyones been using it for a while.
    I tried it and had all kinds of problems, freezes, slowdowns, etc. I ended up having to hard reset. There was a thread a week or two ago on it. Try the search function.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I tried it and had all kinds of problems, freezes, slowdowns, etc. I ended up having to hard reset. There was a thread a week or two ago on it. Try the search function.
    I did thanks, thats the first thing I do. Exactly one hit on YahooGo - this thread.
    I did thanks, thats the first thing I do. Exactly one hit on YahooGo - this thread.

Try: Yahoo!Go in google and you'll come up with a bunch more.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    pj - does the send/receive function work within the messaging program itself or am I correct than in order to s/r you have to go into the Yahoo program and run a conncetion/sync?
    DCM - you are correct. Pocket Outlook itself does not connect for Yahoo. You have to connect using Yahoo GO! I know it is a pain and am sure Yahoo is going to fix it especially since Yahoo GO comes recommended by the Microsoft Windows Mobile website.
  13.    #13  
    Gotcha. Seems like a good tool but I'll stick with my Yahoo account setup in outlook for now. No big deal, I only use it for Inbox stuff anyway when I'm on the road.

Once it gets more integrated or maybe in the next release I wouldnt hesitate to use it again.
    I use it and love it, my favorite feature is 1. being able to download sub folders, and 2. EVERY picture I take with my Treo is automatically and instantly uploaded to my Yahoo! Photos account!
    Quote Originally Posted by winter720 View Post
    I use it and love it, my favorite feature is 1. being able to download sub folders, and 2. EVERY picture I take with my Treo is automatically and instantly uploaded to my Yahoo! Photos account!
    ...too bad the pics that come out of this camera are pretty much worthless...
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    ...too bad the pics that come out of this camera are pretty much worthless...
    I have to agree with you on that one. Not sure if anyone has talked about this here. I see much, much cheaper (FREE) phones from Verizon that take fantastic pics. TREO is supposed to have a 1.3MP camera - worthless indeed if you look at the photos. Anyone know why?
    Installed it today and all I wanted to sync was the Mail Service... It says it successfuly connected and sync'd but I didn't receive any of my mail... the folders all sync'd (not the contents of all the subfolders) so I was able to FILE new messages into those subfolders thru PocketOutlook, but I never got my mail even though I had it set to sync all INBOX mail... very strange indeed.
    after reading the review I thought I'd give it another try. What a mess. It created duplicate contacts for anyone that has more than one email.
    I promptly uninstalled it.
    That was my thought too... I also use Hotmail and it's so nice that it's all nice and sync'd... as opposed to Yahoo where I need to go into the web app in order to file any of the emails I receive on the Treo... that's what I was hoping this app would help me with - but I also have uninstalled it... oh well.
    I also installed, used about 10 min then uninstalled. It made my communication setting wacky for a bit too